Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dropping out of college - 5 weeks in - grant not paid by susi yet

Options
  • 15-10-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I applied for the student grant and I'm thinking of dropping out. I am doing my first year of a level 8 course in WIT. I have not paid any registration fee so far, in WIT you don't have to pay anything on registration day if you tell them you applied for the grant.

I wouldn't have gotten the maintenance part of the grant, just the Student Contribution and Tuition. My application is still pending/final assessment and Susi have not paid the Student contribution to the college yet.

Will I have to pay fees to Susi or WIT? I am only in my 5th week of college so what happens if I drop out this early with Susi not having paid the college yet.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

Just wondering do you like your course.

Are you only thinking of leaving because your fees arent paid????

• Registered Users Posts: 40,798 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Best thing to do is ring WIT fees office.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement