Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well saying over 700 gives them a bit of wiggle room, that could be between 700 and 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Denny M wrote: »
    Well saying over 700 gives them a bit of wiggle room, that could be between 700 and 750.

Well at that rate they could bring out 500 new Pokémon, that'd be over 700. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Sure I'm hardly familiar with gen 5 yet I can't complain.

Going to have to keep an eye out for a cheap 3DS over the next few months...god knows the prices will go up for them come October (what is a Nintendo console really other than a Pokemon platform? :P)

Really didn't want to have to get a 3DS but...the fire starter looks so promising...

Haven't even finished Black/White yet. Currently playing Emerald :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I might see if I can get a second hand 3DS for a decent price. I'm not overly hopeful, but it could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

fennekin.jpg

Awh yeah :cool:

Ahh ya will with all them all the old models being traded in when the XL came out.

Oh yeah, I actually had forgotten that the XL had come out.

Yeah I've seen a few for under 100 quid on ebay, will have to bite the bullet at some stage...I don't really play any other DS games other than Pokemon much, and I have a DS lite already, feels like so much money to invest just to play Pokemon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

so last gen we had a bag of rubbish.....this gen....i predict a book looking pokemon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I've seen a few for under 100 quid on ebay, will have to bite the bullet at some stage...I don't really play any other DS games other than Pokemon much, and I have a DS lite already, feels like so much money to invest just to play Pokemon :P

It'll be a necessary upgrade though! There's been pokemon on the original DS since it launched in 2005 so that's 7 nearly 8 years ago. So invest in a 3DS and you're good for hopefully another 7 or so years :)

When I buy a 3DS, I'm going to have to justify it by playing Zelda too.

3DS is gonna have such a damn good year. After a strong year last year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I like a new cast, and all, but I'm kinda looking forward to having a few critters with ties to past-gens again, be they prevolutions or evolutions. I guess it just mixes up the cast-list for me, a bit. Obviously, nothing too extreme, like making half the cast a super-powered upgrade to something like Dragonite, but I find it fun having a smattering of new slants put on established monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I really, really want a pre/evolution of Pincer, Heracross and Tauros. That alone will make me go out and by a 3DS.

I do hope the new Pokémon are more like the earlier ones, based on real animals, bugs etc. more believable.

I want no links(in terms of pre evolutions) to unova pokemon. It feels like gen 5, while not bad, has just been filler, while they were working on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

cloud493 wrote: »
    fennekin.jpg

Awh yeah :cool:

I thought the English translation was Vulpix? :pac:

Seriously though it does look a cool one.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

C'mon Baguette Pokémon!

I just got a 3DS for Christmas. Ordered an enhanced battery today, because JAYSUS that battery life is abysmal. I lasted 2 bleedin' weeks.

Like, it was fully charged before the League yesterday, barely played, red light today after maybe an hour. On power save.

October can't come soon enough.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    I do hope the new Pokémon are more like the earlier ones, based on real animals, bugs etc. more believable.

This.

No more bin bags or ice creams.

I also wouldn't mind a dragon or ground eeveelution.

Druddigon seems like he needs some family if you ask me.

Urizen wrote: »
    I just got a 3DS for Christmas. Ordered an enhanced battery today, because JAYSUS that battery life is abysmal. I lasted 2 bleedin' weeks.

I keep meaning to order one, because yes it indeed is. Where did you order yours from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

EBay. BuzzTheBatGirl linked me to a 5000 mAh one, gonna be epic.

Was gonna go for the Nyko, but effort of importing from America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This.

No more bin bags or ice creams.

I also wouldn't mind a dragon or ground eeveelution.

If we're on the subject of eeveelutions, I'd be keen on a flying one, solely for the sake being able to have an entire Eevee squad, without the need for a HM-slave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

CianRyan wrote: »
    Everyone slams the newer ones in favour of the classics, but seriously, if some of the original 150 came out today there'd be eyebrows raised.

Mr. Mime what even are you.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Everyone slams the newer ones in favour of the classics, but seriously, if some of the original 150 came out today there'd be eyebrows raised.

Don't forget Jynx...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Don't forget Jynx...
    Exeggcute.

Lickitung. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Ditto.....seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    If we're on the subject of eeveelutions, I'd be keen on a flying one, solely for the sake being able to have an entire Eevee squad, without the need for a HM-slave.

Don't forget Jynx...
    Exeggcute.

Lickitung. Jesus.
    Arawn wrote: »
    Ditto.....seriously

STAHP. STAHP please leave them alone

Advertisement