Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Same 60 Tractor popping out of reverse

• 06-04-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

a firend has one of these and he wants to fix this proplem, for a couple of months its been popping out of reverse, its easy to get into reverse and there is no whine etc from it but he doesnt know why its popping out of reverse and especially when reversing up against a hill or something. He says he just keeps his hand on the gear knob when reversing and it stays in

any ideas, is it a big problem or relatively keen fix

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tomaswatkins

what model same is it and what year? how many hours are on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joefish1

its a same 60 . Not common but a nice light reliable 4wd . Ah she would be 1980 id say very clean and everything working bar this reverse thing . There is near 8k hours on her but prob more you know 0

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tomaswatkins

ah yes lovely aul machine. my father had teh 2wd version in 1979. His was grand but i have heard of them doing that. Have you had a machanic look at it? if its only reverse i wouldnt mind it overly much but nice to get sorted ask a good machanic to look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kierandolan575

hi , im wondering are ye still on this site to reply. but is that tractor a SAME taurus 60? are they a good tractor and give any faults? let me know as i am interested in buying 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Selector fork detent spring is worn out. Keep holding the lever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement