Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on painting a tractor

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

benjy10 wrote: »
    just resprayed the bonnet of my mf 168 with enamel red about 5 coats
    how soon can i compound and polish
    thanks in advance for reply

As pottlers "reincarnation", ahem, just be patient until it is really, thoroughly dry. It needs to be fully hardened. Ideally, bugger off away from it for a couple of weeks(yeah, I know, ages) and then compound it. Or else give it a few days and then warm the panel thoroughly (warm, not roasted)with a hot air gun and leave to fully cool, then compound. The paint needs to be glassy hard or it will just smear and be marred by the action of the polisher. If I have to paint somthing in a rush and need to get it done, I use a heavy duty leister heat gun to really cook off the thinners and get a glassy finish for polishing, but time is better.

Advertisement