Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Anybody eles sign John Cambridges form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Decryptor wrote: »
    Yes, but on the other hand, anyone who could possibly be representing the SU should at least have good English communication skills when it comes to being in public eyes. It's not hard in fairness.

Doubly so for someone running for the Education Portfolio IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

I know of another education candidate.

name has already mentioned on thread for a different position.

not my place to reveal who it is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    Anybody eles sign John Cambridges form

Well I'm not sure because the student number is blurred out, but it appears I did.... :\

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425320_186188188159950_184504944994941_264487_4990611_n.jpg

Rumour is kelly's campaign is a spoof, she's not running at all, latest talk I heard today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

leaoj wrote: »
    Rumour is kelly's campaign is a spoof, she's not running at all, latest talk I heard today.

Again, I highly doubt it. She's going to a hell of a lot of trouble if it's just a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well I'm not sure because the student number is blurred out, but it appears I did.... :\

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425320_186188188159950_184504944994941_264487_4990611_n.jpg

They just got a form and filled in everyone's details.

They have the names of pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread and everyone who posted.

They also misspelt Sid Justice. FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

awwwwwwh i didnt get to sign it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Certainly taking it to the next level of spoofing so

Untitled.png

reunion wrote: »
    They just got a form and filled in everyone's details.

They have the names of pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread and everyone who posted.

They also misspelt Sid Justice. FAIL

Yeah, somehow I doubt "Derek Delay" would second him. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Why am I not on the list? I feel so left out :(

Priceless.

Kelly's form hasn't been submitted yet anyway I can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Kelly is definately running for welfare even though I previously doubted it. As for the other candidate already mentioned, I think I know that is but I dont know if shes running for definate

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Kelly is definately running for welfare even though I previously doubted it. As for the other candidate already mentioned, I think I know that is but I dont know if shes running for definate

The other education candidate is not a female I can confirm ;)

The other education candidate is not a female I can confirm ;)
    Different person then. I heard of a person already mentioned here running for welfare.

I heard of someone originally running for welfare/president who changed tact and is now running for education

Just spotted my name on that list too :/

Amazing how 100+ people have the same writing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 imjustcheese

Looks set to be an interesting week!

So, as of now we have:

President: David Hugh Hartery, Adam Moursy and a 4th yr Engineering Student?

Welfare: Kelly O'Brien, Declan Maguire, another 4th yr Business Student (name anyone?) and Barry Kennedy (or am I correct in saying he was only running if unopposed?)

Academic: Paddy Rockett and a mystery candidate?

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

and Barry Kennedy (or am I correct in saying he was only running if unopposed?)?

To be honest I was never planning on running, just took out the form to wind a few people up (and it worked). The reaction of people I know and don't know has been interesting. I had 4 randomers come up to me on Tuesday night and ask me questions about my policies (if any legitimate welfare candidates want to contact me for some of the ideas raised send me a message).

I have stated on a few occasions that I think my time to leave UL/Limerick has come and I intend to finish up my degree and move on to bigger and better things. That and I've done my stint as a candidate and don't think i have the energy for that again (and I have an fyp to finish)

I would like to wish any and all candidates the best of luck. Putting your name up for election is big decision. Election week is physically, mentally, emotionally and financially draining. The knives will come out (even from people who consider to be your friends), every part of your personality, appearence and manifesto will be picked apart.

That said, it is a fun week - there's very few experiences quiet like an election. The best part for me last year was going out and talking to some many people and hearing what they had to say.

I'm looking forward to reading the many manifestos and talking to the candidates and would encourage everyone to get out there and meet their candidates.

Baz

Welfare: Kelly O'Brien, Declan Maguire, another 4th yr Business Student (name anyone?) and Barry Kennedy (or am I correct in saying he was only running if unopposed?)

Academic: Paddy Rockett and a mystery candidate?

Is this correct?

Welfare 4th year is Cathal Ronan

Aparently another female has just taken out a nomination form for Education. So they have 2 and a half hours to get their signatures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

William Jennings 4th year business, Handed in his nominations already.

Yeah the Education (female) Is Jackie Woods! Best of luck to her!

the ginger guy from last year is in the library now getting a form signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Andrew O Doherty spotted in the library collecting signatures. Not sure which position he is collecting for, I wasn't asked to sign his form :(

Any confirmation on these sightings? ^^^

Also, fair play Barry. You ran a very dignified and worthy campaign last year. Best of luck with your future plans :)

Oh yes, I forgot about Mr. Ronan.

Any info on Ms. Woods - course, year etc?

Currently at:

President: David Hugh Hartery, Adam Moursy and a 4th yr Engineering Student?

Welfare: Kelly O'Brien, Declan Maguire, Cathal Ronan and William Jennings

Academic: Paddy Rockett and Jackie Woods

Ms woods is 4th year HR student. hehehe Ms woods

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

djnr8 wrote: »
    Welfare 4th year is Cathal Ronan

And he's Joint Honours in Criminal Justice and Law, not Business.

Just signed Deirdre Wilson's form for welfare outside the SU a few minutes ago!

she only had five names left to get!

:O

:D

Best of luck deirdre!!

the ginger guy from last year is in the library now getting a form signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
    Keith Young wont run again as hes now doing a phd.
    Im hearing rumours that Andrew o Doherty is no longer running for welfare and possibly Education but i am not sure about that.
    It may also have been a hoax but I heard Triona is going for welfare

Im hearing rumours that Andrew o Doherty is no longer running for welfare and possibly Education but i am not sure about that.

that's what i heard earlier,

didn't want to say it though, not my place to reveal

• Advertisement

Hearing rumours of a David Hartery, Kelly O'Brien and Andrew O'Doherty ticket...
    President, Welfare and Education respectively...??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement