Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

• 28-10-2011 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Just heard on Today FM that RHCP are playing in Croke Park on 26th June next year. Tickets on sale next Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And a second date will be added if the fm104 tweet is to be believed. Unless thats a show up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I can't find any press release about it on yahoo or google news but I see no reason why FM104 would lie about it, especially if they have the date.

It also seems likely as Croke Park is the only big stadium the Chili's have yet to play in Ireland really.

This gig (if announced) will most likely be part of a larger stadium leg, which will likely also include Wembley among others. State de France has been announced so I'm guessing it will be the main stadium in every other European country.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Delighted.Had to give my tickets for the upcoming gig away due to changes in flights so I pray I get tickets for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

From the RHCP website:

"Red Hot Chili Peppers will return to Ireland to perform an open-air show at Croke Park in Dublin on 26 June 2012. This is the only date in Ireland in 2012! Tickets go on sale at 8:00am next Friday 4 November from Ticketmaster"

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Seems odd for tickets to go on sale before their O2 gig. Besides, didn't they take a while to sell out the O2, so Croker is a big ask on the back of an album that certainly can't be described as a huge success by their standards. Certainly can't see a second date. Would've been better off playing Landsdowne.

• Advertisement

SB-08 wrote: »
    Seems odd for tickets to go on sale before their O2 gig. Besides, didn't they take a while to sell out the O2, so Croker is a big ask on the back of an album that certainly can't be described as a huge success by their standards. Certainly can't see a second date. Would've been better off playing Landsdowne.

Took a while selling out the O2... about 5 minutes I believe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

SB-08 wrote: »

O2 gig sold out in under 2 minutes at the end of July...Get facts correct before posting!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Can't see them filling Croker, I've been at their last 5 gigs in Ireland over many years but the popularity has waned hugely...unless they get a really incredible lineup of support acts, doubt this will be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What's the capacity usually for a concert in Croke Park?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

80,000 or thereabouts? not sure if thats including pitch capacity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

david75 wrote: »
    80,000 or thereabouts? not sure if thats including pitch capacity

Yep usually about 80,000 I believe. What they lose from closing off one end of the stadium for the stage, they make up on the ground.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

david75 wrote: »
    Can't see them filling Croker, I've been at their last 5 gigs in Ireland over many years but the popularity has waned hugely...unless they get a really incredible lineup of support acts, doubt this will be sold out.

Yea thats what i think and id be amazed if they sell it out asap. Plus i cant see it being that much lower than €70/€65

I wouldn't completely rule out RHCP selling out Croke Park when you think that their O2 gig sold out in 30 seconds.

Maybe its unlikely but €64.50 is good value for such an internationally known band at such a massive venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

karaokeman wrote: »
    I wouldn't completely rule out RHCP selling out Croke Park when you think that their O2 gig sold out in 30 seconds.

I've a mate who works with Ticketmaster and he said it sold out in 13 seconds beating the KOL gig in Slane earlier this year, which sold out in 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

The O2 didnt sell out for a couple of days. I remember being very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

LilNiall wrote: »

Check your facts...The O2 sold out in seconds....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Great, I dont have the money for this right now and of course they will be sold out in no time. I get the feeling that it will be so much better than the one in the O2 as well. Ah shur, next week should be a good fun too I just find non album tour concerts better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭bren2001

LilNiall wrote: »

None of the presales sold out. I found that strange. The main tickets sold out as quick as they could.

bren2001 wrote: »
    None of the presales sold out. I found that strange. The main tickets sold out as quick as they could.

The presales completely sold out. I know people who tried to get tickets on presale but failed.
    cocoshovel wrote: »
    I just find non album tour concerts better.

The Croker gig is also part of the I'm With You tour. If the Chili's ever do a spearate tour not related to a new album it will more than likely be in 2019 with the 20th anniversary tour for Californication.

Whether the gig sells out or not I think will depend on who the special guests are. I wonder when this will be announced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MackQ wrote: »
    Whether the gig sells out or not I think will depend on who the special guests are. I wonder when this will be announced...

Would love if it was the Foo Fighters. (wasnt there talk of a join tour between RCHP and Foo Fighters some time ago??).

Will the Croke Park Premium level be open. would love to sit and watch a concert from there

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would love if it was the Foo Fighters. (wasnt there talk of a join tour between RCHP and Foo Fighters some time ago??).

Will the Croke Park Premium level be open. would love to sit and watch a concert from there

Foo Fighters may be a possibility. They aren't too big seen as how its uncertain as whether or not they can sell out stadiums in Ireland yet. I know some people agree that (like Green Day) they wouldn't be big enough to sell out Slane.

If Foos are there I certainly will be;).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rgmartin91

Any pre-sale tickets for this?

If it would have been a RHCP/FF tour it would have been announced like that straight away . Cant see Foo Fighters supporting them since they are to big to be a support act and the fact they headlined Oxegen last year . Id say if they do an outdoor show it will be Marlay Park again or Slane(But i doubt it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Jemma Zealous Surface

If it would have been a RHCP/FF tour it would have been announced like that straight away . Cant see Foo Fighters supporting them since they are to big to be a support act and the fact they headlined Oxegen last year . Id say if they do an outdoor show it will be Marlay Park again or Slane(But i doubt it)

Dave said at Oxegen that they'd be back soon and nearly have something organised(iirc), tbf.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Dave said at Oxegen that they'd be back soon and nearly have something organised(iirc), tbf.

Yea i remember that , i would have thought it was an arena tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Never went to a gig before, so this will be my first.

What's the easiest way to order 2 tickets when they're on sale on the 4th @ 8am, phone or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Never went to a gig before, so this will be my first.

What's the easiest way to order 2 tickets when they're on sale on the 4th @ 8am, phone or online?
    online bang on 8am and the f5 key is prob best option

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

karaokeman wrote: »
    Foo Fighters may be a possibility. They aren't too big seen as how its uncertain as whether or not they can sell out stadiums in Ireland yet. I know some people agree that (like Green Day) they wouldn't be big enough to sell out Slane.

If Foos are there I certainly will be;).

Yep, same here, and will leave just before the Chilli's cos they bore the shite outta me.

All there songs sound the same and they even did an All Saints cover!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

indiewindy wrote: »
    online bang on 8am and the f5 key is prob best option

Cheers. Will have to get some Red Bull Thursday night so :p

Advertisement