Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shiny Pokémon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Damn I'm tempted to do it for a Charmander when I get to Kanto.
    Thanks for the link to the guide, and for writing it Buzzthebatgirl, it's brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

wayhey wrote: »
    Damn I'm tempted to do it for a Charmander when I get to Kanto.
    Thanks for the link to the guide, and for writing it Buzzthebatgirl, it's brilliant!!
    No worries, enjoy your shiny hunting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

No worries, enjoy your shiny hunting ;)

Enjoy in the loosest sense of the word? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I had no idea what you guys were on about at first, but got the jist after reading a few posts.

And found out I have a shiny, a grey+black Hippowdon :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I had no idea what you guys were on about at first, but got the jist after reading a few posts.

And found out I have a shiny, a grey+black Hippowdon :D

No, you don't. The male is Brown/Tan, the female is Black/Gray. The shinys are more of a green-tinted brown colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Just caught a Shiny Murkrow in the Safari Zone in SoulSilver. I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't flee and I actually caught it since the opposite seemed to be true for everything else I was finding in there! Outside of SoulSilver, the only Shiny I've ever found was a Swinub way back years ago in the original Silver and now I've found two different ones in the past week lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Im SRing back at the start now to try for a shiny Totodile, but will accept any shiny starter lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Have a shiny Ditto in pokemon silver, the usual red gyarados and a shiny rayquaza in emerald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I never had a shiny! Pity me! :(

Denny M wrote: »
    No, you don't. The male is Brown/Tan, the female is Black/Gray. The shinys are more of a green-tinted brown colour
    I find pictures help
    Hippowdon Male ->Spr_4p_450_m.png
    Hippowdon Female ->Spr_4p_450_f.png

Shiny Hippowdon Male ->Spr_4p_450_m_s.png
    Shiny Hippowdon Female -> Spr_4p_450_f_s.png

@Gunmonkey If your Pokémon ain't got a Shinystar.gif on it's summary screen, then it ain't a shiny Pokémon - sorrrrrrrreeeee
    Cobelcog wrote: »
    Just caught a Shiny Murkrow in the Safari Zone in SoulSilver. I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't flee and I actually caught it since the opposite seemed to be true for everything else I was finding in there!
    Congratulationsare in order! Well done on a successful capture! And double well done that it didn't escape on you ^_^
    DKZ wrote: »
    I never had a shiny! Pity me! :(
    It will happen some day, just remember to always carry Pokéballs, and KEEP your Masterball in case your shiny is a Geodude/Graveller/Koffing/Weezing/Voltorb/Electrode that may Selfdestruct on the first turn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

*sniff*

I just wanted to feel special :(

Meh, probably pick up heart Gold in the next few days so can start me search anew :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

I got a shiny tentacool and evolved it
    and a shiny polywhirl

is there any special way to get them? I just ran into mine

I got a shiny tentacool and evolved it
    and a shiny polywhirl

is there any special way to get them? I just ran into mine
    Other than using the [url=ttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=19695]Pokéradar[/url] in DPP to increase that chances, it is really pot luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Found a shiney Spearow in SS on saturday. Hurrah! Although I managed to play all the way through Emerald, Diamond and almost the entire of Platinum (I found a shiney in my last wild encounter on the way to the E4!) without seeing one, so I choose to believe - despite having no evidence to back it up - that it's not blind luck, they're just easier to find in SS/HG.

Banjo wrote: »
    Found a shiney Spearow in SS on saturday. Hurrah! Although I managed to play all the way through Emerald, Diamond and almost the entire of Platinum (I found a shiney in my last wild encounter on the way to the E4!) without seeing one, so I choose to believe - despite having no evidence to back it up - that it's not blind luck, they're just easier to find in SS/HG.
    I'm about 47 hours into the game, beat the Elite Four, Red and captured Mewtwo and I've only found the always shiny Gyarados in HG. This is the first time I have heard so many people finding a shiny in HGSS. Shiny Rattata, shiny Pidgey, shiny Murkrow and now shiny Spearow weel done to everyone who found a shiny!

I gave up SRing, it was driving me crazy :(
    But I transferred a bunch of my Pokémon from Diamond, so have a team that's a little more formidable than before :) (Including my lv.30 Mew! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I just caught a shiny Ponyta outside the entrance to Mt Silver. It's bright blue and so pretty. I'm so happy

Spr_4h_077_s.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

congrats they are really beautiful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Jaysus, they *are* cool looking. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Wait until it evolves into Rapidash! Grey/black flames for the win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

The only shiny pocket monsters I managed to catch (other than the red Gyarados) are a Kingler and a Wailmer (Sapphire)

Just randomly came across them, I tried chaining for the first time last week, and other than the fact that I suck balls at it, I found it too hard and boring.

I was going to go on a breeding spree with the Kingler and Wailer to try and get more shinies, but I can't say if I want more of em as I never use em.

freyaplus wrote: »
    I just caught a shiny Ponyta outside the entrance to Mt Silver. It's bright blue and so pretty. I'm so happy

Spr_4h_077_s.png

It is BEAUTIFUL!
    If I could get any shiny right now, I would choose Ponyta, but other than that I'm not a Ponyta fan despite the fact that I like fire types

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Teferi wrote: »
    Wait until it evolves into Rapidash! Grey/black flames for the win!

Tried it and didn't like it. I like the bright blue Ponyta better

freyaplus wrote: »
    Tried it and didn't like it. I like the bright blue Ponyta better

I completely agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Caught myself a shiny Miltank near the Safari Zone in HG the other day.
    dpffsa241.png

Caught myself a shiny Miltank near the Safari Zone in HG the other day.
    dpffsa241.png
    Scrappy or Thick Fat Miltank?

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of SRing and now I am the proud owner of...

Spr_4h_250_s.png

"OH-OH!!!" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

AAAAAAAAGH, NO ****ING WAY!!

Fair play, use him/her well!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of SRing and now I am the proud owner of...

Spr_4h_250_s.png

"OH-OH!!!" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!

Long long did it take you? I was SRing for at least 4 hours a day over 6 weeks for a shiny Darkrai and it never appeared....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Enjoy damo!

Advertisement