Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-04-2014, 19:31   #1876
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar101 View Post
To find what?
Not to pay your bills thats for sure
Advertisement
21-04-2014, 19:52   #1877
amdublin

Don't throw personal stuff in the recycling!! Or bins full stop!

Burn it or shred it. Or at least rip it.
(2) thanks from:
22-04-2014, 11:47   #1878
nikpmup

4 of my sisters neighbours' houses broken into in Tyrellstown last night - it appears they used a drill to break the locks. My sister and one other house had alarms so they weren't touched.

Edit : I misread her text, it was actually Sunday night.

Last edited by nikpmup; 22-04-2014 at 12:23.
22-04-2014, 11:55   #1879
ThisRegard

The same street or around the area ?
22-04-2014, 12:13   #1880
nikpmup

Same street I think, I haven't actually talked to her yet, just a few exchanged text messages. I'll have a chat with her later on.
Advertisement
22-04-2014, 21:59   #1881
nikpmup

Just talked to her, they were all on the same street, they used a drill to break the lock on the patio door in the kitchen. One of her neighbours spotted one of them in the garden at 7.30 am, an hour later the brazen fcker knocked on the door, pretending to be a guard to check out the security in the house.
(2) thanks from:
22-04-2014, 22:21   #1882
Dre as in Dray

Sounds like the same guys i know. I know were they live i have their names, they did my mates house. They study all the houses first knock on the doors to view the locks on the inside. They might offer to cut grass or clean gutters. Police are unwilling to take the details. Blanchardstown police have to be the worst police i have ever come across. I know alot of garda, good friends and even family.
Blanchardstown police are absolutely useless, its a bonus if they turn up. When they do turn up they pretend that they are going to do something and just file it away. The only time they will actually do anything is if there is a murder or if you are speeding.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 16:04   #1883
Larbre34

^ Could it be they are also the most stretched police district you have come across?

The former Lucan district patch around Clonsilla moved into Blanchardstown district a few years back, seems like they have even less resources since.....
Yesterday, 16:11   #1884
Morag

Dublin 15 area has a greater population size then Limerick city but has only the 1 garda station.
It's gotten frankly dangerous, the low level of policing in the area.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:20   #1885

Friend off mine just told me he seen a white hiace van driving in his estate park drive castleknock. 3 males in it. Came into the estate three times in space of 1hrs. His neighbours at the back of him had there locks smashed out of door (front) within the last three hours. Reg 99 d ????.
Yesterday, 21:44   #1886
nudger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 View Post
Friend off mine just told me he seen a white hiace van driving in his estate park drive castleknock. 3 males in it. Came into the estate three times in space of 1hrs. His neighbours at the back of him had there locks smashed out of door (front) within the last three hours. Reg 99 d ??
Very few of those around these days, most traded up to Transits, should be easy to spot, eyes open guys.

For those who haven't up graded to anti snap, bump, drill locks, invest.
Yesterday, 21:55   #1887

Spoke with friend. Cutting his grass earlier and seen this van . Then after that He was going out walking with dogs when he seen this van as they drove past him. He walked across to green when van drove back out. He said 3 males and when drove past him , one of males covered his head (driving at speed). Friend continued on his walk around block and as he was walking to his road he noticed the van drive back in. He said when they noticed him, the van made a sudden u-turn and back out again.
Today, 10:22   #1888
Larbre34

Theres a lot to be said for the old fashioned neighbourhood watch. Estates where people keep to themselves or there are diverse languages and cultures and low interaction make easy pickings for fellas like the van occupants above.

Regardless of the Guards being busy, report, report, report. And in this time of local elections, pester the candidates about it too, the Council has a joint policing committee for a reason.
Today, 10:40   #1889
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Theres a lot to be said for the old fashioned neighbourhood watch. Estates where people keep to themselves or there are diverse languages and cultures and low interaction make easy pickings for fellas like the van occupants above.

Regardless of the Guards being busy, report, report, report. And in this time of local elections, pester the candidates about it too, the Council has a joint policing committee for a reason.

True the real guards are the people and this thread shows people in D15 care keep reporting and looking out for your neighbours. Nothing better of an ice breaker to speak with your neighbours that you Dont know about suspious activity.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion