Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HP Probook 4320s problem: Vertical Multicoloured Lines then Black Screen

• 24-01-2014 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

HP Probook 4320s
    Out of warranty.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core i3 CPU M380 @2.53 GHZ
    3GB Ram
    64 Bit Op System
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Over the past week, I'm getting these problems with my computer. I'm not sure if it's a graphics/hardware/overheating issue.

Basically, the computer will turn on, 8 vertical lines appear on the screen, the screen will go multi-coloured, and then it'll go black.

Whilst the screen is black, the fan continues to run, and the wireless connection will keep going continuously on to off. Sometimes the device will restart after ten minutes, and work fine. Other times it will restart with the lines appearing once again or finally often the screen will just stay black, and the fan will remain on with the computer unresponsive.

Any advice I could get to fix this problem would be really appreciated, as I can't afford to actually repair or replace the device.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Connect an external display to the laptop and see if you get the same problems, if no, then screen or maybe screen cable, if yes, could be a few things including your GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Sorry I forgot to mention, I have tried connecting it to an external monitor and the problem still exists. Just to note too, I have also had problems in the past with the computer overheating and just randomly shutting off.

If the problem is related to the GPU, what would be the next step in identifying and resolving the problem?

Advertisement