Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Satan invented Evolution

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Esteban has also claimed to be "anti-fag" and "anti-liberal" on his Bebo, I think that pretty much sums the level of intelligence (and I use that term loosely) that we are dealing with here. Either its the most effort ever put into trolling or we have ourselves a very hate-filled young man here.

He also...

1/ ...believes the crusades had nothing to do with religion.
    2/ ...has a problem with "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing" in the Special Olympics. How very Christian of you.
    3/ ...thinks "the word scumbag is and should be associated with living in social housing"
    4/ ...views the Atheism forum as being full of "proud assholes".

Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on. I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

To the person who said I was ''getting hammered'', oh come on please, if it was a one on one debate it would be much more even, when virtually everyone who posts is against you then its hard not to get lost in the mix.

My question is do any of my fellow Christians actually care what the Bible says? You seem to just compromise, and take it all as what I said in the original post, as just one big metaphor.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Esteban has also claimed to be "anti-fag" and "anti-liberal" on his Bebo, I think that pretty much sums the level of intelligence (and I use that term loosely) that we are dealing with here. Either its the most effort ever put into trolling or we have ourselves a very hate-filled young man here.

He also...

2/ ...has a problem with "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing" in the Special Olympics. How very Christian of you.
    3/ ...thinks "the word scumbag is and should be associated with living in social housing"

Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on. I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.

The crusades had nothing to do with God. Human can commit sin, God cannot. The Crusades and Inquisitions were as a result of evil men.

'Proud assholes''? Eh no, they are misled and ignorant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Why hasn't this thread been locked? There is no meaningful discussion going on.
    I'll agree that there's not much meaningful discussion going on, but the thread is interesting because it clearly shows one of the things that us atheists bang on about endlessly -- how religion can be used to legitimize hatred, at least in the undemanding courtroom of one's own conscience anyway. I don't remember seeing many (any?) christians pointing out that estebancambias is doing this.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I always thought the real essence of Christianity was too love one another and not to preach hatred, guess young Esteban doesn't agree.
    Well, as above, by selecting the bits that suit, most religions are pretty good at appealing to just about anybody's pre-conceived ideas. Esteban comes across as an angry guy and he's picked the supremacist (for want of a better word) bits of christianity that suit this point of view. The essence that he's picked it no more or no less "real" than anybody else's. It's just down to his own personal choice.

I have no hatred. I am just a guy who has not fed into the idea of evolution. Sorry I'm not just a mindless sheep, who has accepted everything in a science book.

I do not like liberals in that generally they will hate Religion and be pro abortion. I do not like homosexuals who claim it is natural to be gay.

• Advertisement

I disagree with may Christians in that I believe God allows everyone into Heaven, as long as when they enter they accept God.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I do not like homosexuals who claim it is natural to be gay.

It happens in the animal kingdom, is that not natural?

Animals eat their own crap and think nothing of it, I don't think we should be measuring our standards and minds with that of an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Animals eat their own crap and think nothing of it, I don't think we should be measuring our standards and minds with that of an animal.

Animals also eat, sleep, defecate, mate, give birth, walk, breathe, etc etc. Are you currently avoiding all those activities?

After all, most of us would say thought and coherent speech mark us off from the rest of the animals...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I could find you a video of someone eating there own crap if you really want to...

• Advertisement

2girlsandonecup?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

*ROFL*

Seriously i want you to defend the following:
    "the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing"

You defended everything else that MrJoeSoap pointed out, so come on, don't leave this one out...

I was stupid. I was wrong. I am sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

He also...

Ahh joe, I'm sleeping while all this is going on. I am going to lock it, pending further review.

What's with teh Pittsburgh Penguins logo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement