Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animal Barbell Gym

• 24-12-2011 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

This might interest a few of ya - new gym opened up in Blanchardstown/Ballycoolin in Dublin

Proper hardcore place that's going to have some of Ireland's (and the world's) strongest men training in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Is that in one of the units around Rosemount Business Park?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Is that in one of the units around Rosemount Business Park?

Unit 10 (next door to GoKidsGo)
    Coolmine Industrial Estate
    Blanchardstown
    D15

...is the address according to their FB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Hanley wrote: »

Proper hardcore place that's going to have some of Ireland's (and the world's) strongest men training in it.

What makes you say that? It looks a good gym alright, but with 2 small-ish lifting platforms and no strongman-specific gear that I can see in the video. There's more in the boot of my car in fact :pac:

What makes you say that? It looks a good gym alright, but with 2 small-ish lifting platforms and no strongman-specific gear that I can see in the video. There's more in the boot of my car in fact :pac:

I say it because I know some of the guys who'll be training there. One of whom's a WSM competitor.

And as for strongman specific gear, the place opened today. It's obviously not finished. I'm not assuming there'll be gear there, but it doesn't matter if there is or not.

I know that one because I've trained with those guys in the old total fitness and there was none there either, didn't stop a couple of top 5 u105kg Ireland's strongest man competitors coming outta there, and the aforementioned WSM dude too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Seen the vids alright. The one of V on whatever that machine was, was just insane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 madman666

the strongman gear wasn't in the video, you are right. I seen there axle, fat ass dumbell, log today. I know there is stones up to 200kg. Platform for stones is been made. Farmers walk and yoke probably will stay in other location.

By the way, great boot your car has :-)

madman666 wrote: »
    the strongman gear wasn't in the video, you are right. I seen there axle, fat ass dumbell, log today. I know there is stones up to 200kg. Platform for stones is been made. Farmers walk and yoke probably will stay in other location.

Win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

This might interest a few of ya - new gym opened up in Blanchardstown/Ballycoolin in Dublin

Trained there today. Very impressed with the setup and equipment. I could write a nice piece about it, but just trust me its an unreal gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

If the FW and yoke are staying elsewhere, then I win 'cos pulling my car, fully loaded, with the harness cancels the stones, so I win by the FW :cool: Obviously, having a gym around that gear wins overall :)

Thanks for the info, be keen to see the setup.

They are open today and tomorrow also!
    Defo i'm working out today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Into the ladies at 2:11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm I the only one who thought there was going to be some ladies getting changed

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Into the ladies at 2:11

So what's your deadlift, mrdeadlift? :-)

Why so mad, devil worshipper?? :)

Why so mad, devil worshipper?? :)

Probably i'm in too much pain during work outs and hell feels like second home :D

P.S.just done legs in Animalbarbell. Very good equipment. You have to try it out to understand what I'm talking about.

Probably i'm in too much pain during work outs and hell feels like second home :D

P.S.just done legs in Animalbarbell. Very good equipment. You have to try it out to understand what I'm talking about.

Awesome. Totes get ya too. Doubt I've ever really trained legs hard in a gym with good equipment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

It looks like a decent size and one thing I do like is a gym that is not overcrowded with equipment!

Good to see more gyms like this opening up!

Best of luck to the guys running it - anyone know who they are?

The Guvnor wrote: »
    It looks like a decent size and one thing I do like is a gym that is not overcrowded with equipment!

Good to see more gyms like this opening up!

Best of luck to the guys running it - anyone know who they are?

Half know one of the lads from the old TF days. Not sure who else is involved tho. Sweet place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

will it make money for owners / investors............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

190kg gave up after that.

ps very best of luck with this venture yous deserve it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Any pay per visit rates? I occasionally need somewhere like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

+1

10€. My mate payed 15 for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Trained here today really nice & spacious gym. They have dumbbells up to 60kg, 2 Squat racks, 2 Power Racks,2 lifting platforms,a load of Olympic bars & a shed load of weight. Was talking to this guy up there as well. Sound bloke!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vytautas_Lalas

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Pay as you go you say? Sweet, nothing like a little change of scenery every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Trained here today really nice & spacious gym. They have dumbbells up to 60kg, 2 Squat racks, 2 Power Racks,2 lifting platforms,a load of Olympic bars & a shed load of weight. Was talking to this guy up there as well. Sound bloke!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vytautas_Lalas

Saw him on tv recently - very impressive - Giants Live London. He won 2010 Lithuanian Strongest Man - Lithuania has at least one other good strongman!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

Mauricmo wrote: »
    Pay as you go you say? Sweet, nothing like a little change of scenery every now and then.

I love having a nosey around other gyms.

What Bus goes out the Coolmine Industrial Estate?

Sorry I was being lazy, according to Dublinbus.ie, the 39 should drop you closed by.

Self-help, the best kind! I should write a book about it perhaps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Went up today for a nosey and stuck a bag in the car just in case and ended up training. Had a chat to the owners and staff- really nice people and very knowledgeable as you might expect. It's big, bright, spacious, clean and warm. Male and female dressing rooms which are nice and clean with showers. A big platform for deadlifting, 2 power racks, a smith machine/gun rack, leg press, multi cable stack, mostly iron plates but a good amount of bumpers too. Loads of power bars, dumbbells from 2.5-60kg. They also had some cardio equipment for those interested in that and are getting more soon.

I think the girl said it was €349 pa with no joining fee for the first 50 members. I paid €10 for a session today. Lots of attention being given to the few people who were there today too. I reckon getting in there early might be a good idea!

It's got what I like to see in a gym which is:
    Loads of bars and dumbells
    Loads of space
    Staff with real world experience

Very nice. I'll be returning.

• Advertisement

No way, if I'd known it was open today I would've popped out as my own gym is closed. Sounds like a great place though by all accounts.

Advertisement