Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Fixes For Slow Vodafone Home Broadband

• 02-02-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

If you're having slow/jittery broadband issues with Vodafone Ireland fixed line home broadband then try the things that I've just done (details here http://www.aidanfinn.com/?p=10329 ).

I'm using their router. I did two things: upgraded the firmware. In the advanced configuration I also disabled QoS.

I didn't have the password for that before tonight - wasn't able to find it.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to fix things. I know the QoS config change fixed a problem I was having streaming media from a PC to my XBox 360.

The slow Internet issue is gone at the moment but it was intermittent for me and only on sites with lots of images.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

have you tried ringing them and giving out or changing to upc

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flemishgael

My Vodafone broadband is very slow. I have about 5 to 7Mb download speed and though they tell me Fibre is available where I live they tell me the speed won't go up.
    When I signed up with them and switched from Sky they told me that with Fibre speeds might go up to 100Mb.
    With Sky I had speeds up to 20Mb.
    The internet is extremely slow and sometimes almost impossible to access.
    Just not acceptable.
    Technical Supports says they're on the case but it's been two weeks now already.

Advertisement