Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secular Humanist Anthem (Video)

Options
  • 15-08-2012 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

This song being used for the BBC's Olympic montage reminded me of why I think it sums up the secular humanist viewpoint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Words cannot express just how much hatred and contempt I have for John Lennon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

"A brotherhood of man." More like a humanist anthem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I remember my junior cert. religion book described it as summing up secular humanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sonics2k wrote: »

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know much about the guy is there a particular reason he is to be disliked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I always thought our anthem was Brodyquest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

"A brotherhood of man." More like a humanist anthem.
    I remember my junior cert. religion book described it as summing up secular humanism.

Doh! Quite right chaps. Thread Title and OP amended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

Don't hate the man hate the celebrity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Wings, the band the Beatles could have been

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

They should have saved the shot at 43 seconds for the "no religion, too" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 New_Flash

As well as an anthem there should be an atheist 'grace before meals'. I suggest that one that goes "Baby, baby, mmm, baby, baby, baby, mmm"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

New_Flash wrote: »
    As well as an anthem there should be an atheist 'grace before meals'. I suggest that one that goes "Baby, baby, mmm, baby, baby, baby, mmm"

Nyom Nyom !!

7791935212_f0242e1a0e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think this would be an excellent candidate.

Advertisement