Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a LAN game

• 07-03-2003 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Have 2 PCs networked together.
    Have MOH, BF1942 and need for speed 2 running on them.

Anyone know any other good games worth getting for 2 player action.

/ CS DOD or any other HL related game ,have them she dont like em.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Civ 3 great fun though it takes awhile to get into plus you'll need the expansion thingy.

Championship Manager though seeing as she's a she probably not a good bet.

Starcraft, AOE2, Warcraft 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

co op operation flashpoint is something to behold.
    that short lived fad soldat is pretty good to.
    mario kart over snes9x or zsnes netplay is good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Unreal Tournament / Quake 3 always good for a few minutes of mindless violence. My better half likes to take me on at those on occasion.

Serious Sam, good fun you can play co-op one player also (as you can in starlancer as well). For a more serious co-op game Ghost Recon and Op Flash are decent.

If your have 2 joysticks, then Combat Flight Sim 2 is a blast (better than 3). 2 Wheels, Sega Rally 2, Colin McCrae, F1 2002 or even 2 joypads. Heck you can even play Fifa 2003 on the lan and thats pretty good fun too.

I find strategy games to be enjoyable against other people, cossacks in particular is good fun. Although Age Of Empires and that series, Medieval, Red Alert Series are all quite good. Takes AGES to play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ghost Recon is great fun 1v1, and can lead to many screams and poo'ing in ones pants when you get shot after sneaking for ages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have the mods that allow COOP in Mohaa and Spearhead ,they fun.

It has to be fast n furious to suit her (console person) shame there isnt 1 decent fighting game other than Emulators.

Gonna get Ghost Recon seen a special on it in Game for €24 with 2 other games.

Any others ??
    Strategy games are a no no for her ,We have all the Age Of games but she hates them.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1 v 1 is very dodgy. CS is particularly rubbish. Your best bet is coop games. Flashpoint and the serious sam games are great. But the real coop daddy is Doom. Me and praetorian are playing through all the doom games with his little brother in coop at the moment. It really is somnething to experience. Turn the difficulty to ultra-violence as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Serious sam 1/2 is a great coop game, if she likes first person shooters, you'll both really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Kenshin
    Serious sam 1/2 is a great coop game, if she likes first person shooters, you'll both really enjoy it.
    I second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Civ 3 is fantastic, im 13 hours into a game with another 2 guys at the moment... you should play against the PC at a reasonable difficulty level, so that it will be challenging for a few human players to beat the PC players, as opposed to playing against one another.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

buy a copy or two of Insane from Codemasters
    available in Smyth's from about €6-7

Excellent craic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Worms online is a laugh we've been playing it at the lan we've set up at our gaff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't buy Insane it's pure ****e.

Far better to get a snes or N64 rom and play the mario kart games. Best of all it's free.

Got DOOM gonna try that out on COOP mode.
    Have Worms World party great fun.
    Gonna get Serious Sam ;ove that game mate has it :)

Keep em coming thx

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

soldat :) really better with a few players but its free to download on the net and good for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Don't buy Insane it's pure ****e.

Far better to get a snes or N64 rom and play the mario kart games. Best of all it's free.

You sir, have never played it while sober.....or indeed drunk.

Suppose you play fps with that orb controller too?
    Betcha even have an adapter to hook your console joypads to your PC.....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

battlefield 1942.. best game *EVER* for LAN gaming..

if your systems can all run it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

oh yes, Insane is *GREAT* fun too.. its good crashing your car off a cliff a few times and watch it get all warped 8)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

bf1942 IS NOT GREAT for noobs to get into you need hours to lern those huge maps and weapons!

Mobile Forces is great and easy for a NooB to get into fun and a great laugh and the many diferent game types keeps me comming back for more all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

TRON! :)

As i said in the 1st post i have BF1942 running on both PCs.
    I wouldnt consider myself a noob as i was on the Beta test for the game last summer and have been playing it since :D

Serious Sam is the best game i have got from this thread its awesome in Coop mode.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement