Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GPS composite video out

Options
  • 29-06-2014 9:56pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if any units have a composite video out, red, white and yellow lead connection.

My car screen has a built video in. I'd like to link a GPS to the screen.

Also as a bonus one that be sent Google maps locations in some way that would be great.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Interesting idea. I don't know if you can do it directly. What type of radio/screen have you?
    I have one of these
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+(SPH-DA01)?sel=products
    You can take the HDMI output from a GPS on your phone straight to it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I've taken the GPS from my phone, mhl to composite lead did the trick. But the phone has enough to do and can't charge fast enough . gps goes when the phone rings etc.

I only want to show the output , the car screen will just act as a TV .

I've never saw a GPS with an output.

Alternatively I have mirrorlink on the car but it only works with Samsung and Nokia and I've neither.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes I have found the battery drain a big issue when using that or Pionneer app2radio.
    You could try asking over here
    http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-Discussions/ct-p/en_en

Advertisement