Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Allyall wrote: »
    If you do go for it read this first, it's available on HongKonGeek Duty Paid.
    Also Amazon UK

~ But with a better battery (Amongst other things) the NATPC x2 comes from the same factory, is near identical, Slightly better, has dual cameras and 16GB, and 4000mah battery. This version on Ebay (Using Parcel Motel) and Amazon

Couple of things worth noting about the ICOO D70 Pro II, a lot of people saying that the battery is only 2500mah, and not the 3000mah (Which is still low) they advertise. 2500mah is very low.
    WiFi Reported to be a bit low, and standing beside the router still gets low reading (150kpbs).
    Also a few people saying that its standard ROM isn't good for European users, like the UG802 it has Chinese play store and some items are blocked. So you would probably have to root it.

Thanks for the info. Some interesting points from others on Parcel Motel and customs too. Will keep this in mind. The NATPC is going a bit out of price range. So I think the best one so far is:
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php , all things considered?

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dcGT wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Some interesting points from others on Parcel Motel and customs too. Will keep this in mind. The NATPC is going a bit out of price range. So I think the best one so far is:

Cheers,

DC

Yep, and for the price, and quick delivery.

Yep, and for the price, and quick delivery.

Great thanks. Just ordered the one with the USB charger:
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB028.php

Says '€90', when I got to paypal, it charged me €93.50 :rolleyes:
    I didn't see an option to change currency.

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So I think the best one so far is:
    Am I correct in saying that the Novo 7 Mars has no hdmi out ?

Zardoz wrote: »

I don't believe it has a HDMI out.

http://i.imgur.com/re1wx.jpg

Cheers,

DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Great thanks. Just ordered the one with the USB charger:
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB028.php

Says '€90', when I got to paypal, it charged me €93.50 :rolleyes:
    I didn't see an option to change currency.

Cheers,

DC

I'm always finding that by the time I check out with paypal I've been charged a couple of euros more than I expected. Is that because of a currency conversion fee or something? It's pretty annoying.

I'm always finding that by the time I check out with paypal I've been charged a couple of euros more than I expected. Is that because of a currency conversion fee or something? It's pretty annoying.

Looks the sellers are just being optimistic with their euro prices on sites and this hooks you in to buying. You get to the PayPal screen and just pay the poor euro currency conversion price. It worked on me :mad:

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Zardoz wrote: »

Yep, but you could probably get something similar to this
    Looks the sellers are just being optimistic with their euro prices on sites and this hooks you in to buying. You get to the PayPal screen and just pay the poor euro currency conversion price. It worked on me :mad:

DC.

You can choose to pay in UK pounds or US dollars if you want, but Paypal will find a way to charge you anyway. I don't like using paypal, for many reasons, but one main reason being the way they charge, and their currency exchange rate is always different to everyone elses, even if they start on the same day of the month.

Yep, but you could probably get something similar to this

You can choose to pay in UK pounds or US dollars if you want, but Paypal will find a way to charge you anyway. I don't like using paypal, for many reasons, but one main reason being the way they charge, and their currency exchange rate is always different to everyone elses, even if they start on the same day of the month.

Interesting. Would you get a more favourable conversion rate by using a credit card usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

If you do go for it read this first, it's available on HongKonGeek Duty Paid.
    Also Amazon UK

~ But with a better battery (Amongst other things) the NATPC x2 comes from the same factory, is near identical, Slightly better, has dual cameras and 16GB, and 4000mah battery. This version on Ebay (Using Parcel Motel) and Amazon
    It appeared on HUKD.com 4 weeks ago for £65

Couple of things worth noting about the ICOO D70 Pro II, a lot of people saying that the battery is only 2500mah, and not the 3000mah (Which is still low) they advertise. 2500mah is very low.
    WiFi Reported to be a bit low, and standing beside the router still gets low reading (150kpbs).
    Also a few people saying that its standard ROM isn't good for European users, like the UG802 it has Chinese play store and some items are blocked. So you would probably have to root it.
    thanks for the info, from the specs and price it seemed a good deal to me, I guess ill go for the NATPC x2 or go back to my original plan the Novo 7 crystal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

For anyone who has ordered from HongKongeek how long did your order stay at Preparation in progress.

Mines been like that for last week or more... I think this is what slowed my last order from China too :(
    I've emailed them twice for an update but got no reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

For anyone who has ordered from HongKongeek how long did your order stay at Preparation in progress.

Mines been like that for last week or more... I think this is what slowed my last order from China too :(
    I've emailed them twice for an update but got no reply!

Mine was in that state for 5 days. I contacted them and they just said they were busy and would get to it asap. It was dispatched the next day after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Me no likey ;)

Just ok for B&m shop however if you are not afraid purchasing a tablet from China I'd recommend this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FreeLander-PD90-10-1-Inch-Tablet-PC-Android-4-1-1-6GHz-32GB-7000mAh-/160877591141?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item25750d3a65

Model FreeLander PD90 32GB Tablet PC
    CPU Rockchip RK3066, 1.6GHz, Cortex A9 dual core; GPU: Mali 400 MP4
    Operation System Android 4.1.1
    RAM 1GB (DDR 3)
    ROM(Memory) 32GB Nand Flash
    Shell Material Metal
    Screen Size 10.1 Inch
    Type Capacitive Screen, IPS
    Display LED
    Resolution 1280 x 800px
    Visible Angle 180°

Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
    Camera Dual camera, front is 2.0 and back is 5.0 megapixels
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Multi-Touch Yes, 10 points touch
    Flash Support Flash 11.1
    Android Market Yes
    Bluetooth Yes, bluetooth V2.0

Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
    Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
    Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…

Email and Browser Yes, built in
    WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
    3G Not built in, support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Work Time Up to 6~8 hours
    Battery 7000 MAh, 3.7V

Language Czech, Dansk, German, English, Spanish, Russian, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Hebrew, Polski, Greek, Portuguese, Svenska, Turkey, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
    Other Applications File Manager, OfficeSuite, Google Search, Task Manager, Browser, Gallery, Android Webkit, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, iReader, Gmail…
    Product Size 261 x 174 x 11mm
    Product Weight 645g
    Extend Port 1 x TF card slot; 1 x MINI HDMI port
    1 x Micro USB port
    1 x 3.5mm Earphone port

Package including 1 x Charger(2.5mm, 5V, 3A)
    1 x USB cable
    1 x Earphone
    1 x OTG cable
    Package Weight 1120g

Most likely you will get caught by customs so you can calculate your taxes here.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-cost-calculation-for-ebay-item/

However if you prefer buying that extravision tabby in Ireland

http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/gotab-10-android-4-gotab-gbt1040r-2gb-sd-card/1992278

Make him an offer he can't refuse ^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Mine arrived from Android Slates this morn.....3 days from the Uk to here, recorded delivery.....looks ok, works fine, my son should be happy

ks44 wrote: »
    Mine was in that state for 5 days. I contacted them and they just said they were busy and would get to it asap. It was dispatched the next day after that.

Just got a reply from them:
    Hello
    Your order has been sent today
    Cdt

:D

Just got a reply from them:

:D

My wife just called me. Hero 10 arrived today, 3 days after dispatch.
    Will check it out tonite and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coorou

Thinking of getting one myself, where did you order from?

coorou wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one myself, where did you order from?

Hongkongeek

Hongkongeek

Did u get caught for VAT and if so did they refund you?

• Advertisement

Did u get caught for VAT and if so did they refund you?

No nothing about Vat. If you get done by customs i assume you would have been alerted when the package arrived?

No nothing about Vat. If you get done by customs i assume you would have been alerted when the package arrived?

Yea, as far as I know they'd want payment before releasing the package to you. You're safe I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coorou

Hongkongeek

Yeah was thinking of getting it from there. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Euronics stores nationwide are selling these with free cover & keyboard.

http://goclever.com/goclever_tab_r75

Not the highest specs but with the cover & keyboard bundle it works out as a decent deal @ €99 especially for those nervous about buying online.

Cool that's a quick turnaround.

Got my DHL shipping number shortly after so should have been my order next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

What are the opinions on this media player from futeko?
    http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00041.php

I could do with one as my TV doesn't have a USB input to play anything

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Im thinking in gona buy the MOMO11-SPEED 9.7inch,it looks to have basically everthing im looking for but does anybody know for sure if sky go will work on it,this is 1 of the main reasons il using it,thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

theShire wrote: »
    What are the opinions on this media player from futeko?
    http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00041.php

I could do with one as my TV doesn't have a USB input to play anything

From the site:
    UPDATE 30-NOV: More stock and a big announcement early next week!

I'm pretty sure the big announcement will be the availability of the MyGica ATV1200 dual core version.

As far as android set top boxes go these seem to be amongst the best available particularly as they are based on the amlogic chipset which has hardware acceleration in XBMC.

Will be interesting to see what the pricing of the ATV1200 is.

Depending on your budget and computer skills alternatives would be building a mini or micro ITX based media player running XBMC on Openelec or ubuntu you can put together something that will be a lot snappier than an android box for about £105 sterling for a budget build or for something pre-made you could consider this Zotac Zbox for around €155 + customs charges.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I know ye are probably sick of people asking questions like this but what do ye think of this tablet:

http://hongkongeek.com/capacitive-screen/1629-7-onn-m2-amlogic-dual-core-15ghz-android-40-gps-1gb-ddr3-hdmi-8gb.html

Had a HP Touchpad, running cm9 but it was stolen, so don't want to go back to totally basic tech.

The GPS on this would make it attractive as I had the touchpad in the car with me a lot, but it didn't have a GPS which was a bit annoying.

The size won't bother me that much, as I wasn't using it for much gaming (outside of a GBA Emulator and the usual Angry Birds etc.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

manutd83 wrote: »
    Im thinking in gona buy the MOMO11-SPEED 9.7inch,it looks to have basically everthing im looking for but does anybody know for sure if sky go will work on it,this is 1 of the main reasons il using it,thanks in advance

i like the look of this where the cheapest place to buy from

Advertisement