Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get many pm's?/boardsies stats

• 25-04-2012 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Private messages, that is. I often wonder does everyone secretly pm everybody on here. I don't get too many interesting ones, or weird ones. Not that I'm complaining :pac:

So ladies and gentleman of AH, do you pm other boardsies? Do you see a picture on the threads in tLL or tGC and think 'hell yeah, I would' and try and hit on them in pm? Have you ever gotten a date/relationship that started from sending another boardsie a message?

Or do you message people to b1tch about common enemies you have on here? Like "ah jaysus that guys an awful eejit thinking it's 'grushie' instead of 'gushie'. What is he like?"

Basically, I want some gossip lads. Feel free to post weird/funny pm's you have gotten but obviously don't name names

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No most of mine are mod slaps

I got about 4 personal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

I got two off some young lad in Libya doing the leaving cert looking for tips about what's going to come up was quite strange if I do say so myself:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I've never gotten a pm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

About 1.6k in my inbox stretching back to July, most of the recent ones have been due to modding.

I've seen people with some crazy amounts in their inbox!

Mod hat,
    friendly reminder that it's against the Boards.ie rules to post the contents of a PM outside the DRP forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

judgefudge wrote: »
    I've never gotten a pm :(
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I got a few, some from a guy wanting to know about bipolar disorder, some music related, one from a weird chick who thought I was being sarcastic in a post and decided I'm an asshole. I once had a conversation with a drunk chick, but I'm too boring and she gave up. It was a nice conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Obviously "PM sent" is usually meant as a joke, but has anyone actually posted that and then actually sent the PM?

I can't imagine myself seeing a picture of a good-looking Boardsie and then PMming them because of that. It'd feel a bit creepy.
    I'd be more likely to send flirty PM's to someone I'd got to know a bit and liked their personality. It would also help if they were hot.

I have some PM's, I don't know if I have a lot or not as I don't know what the average number would be.
    Unsurprisingly, none of them begin with "I just saw your picture and..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Get a few from friends on here every now and then to keep up with a bit of gossip and the likes that wouldn't really be suited to on thread discussions.
    Obviously "PM sent" is usually meant as a joke, but has anyone actually posted that and then actually sent the PM?

I was on the receiving end of a "PM Sent" once. Which reminds me... I haven't been in touch with them in a while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

44leto wrote: »
    No most of mine are mod slaps

I got about 4 personal ones.

Most of mine are giving out modslaps followed by getting abuse / apologies / questions. But in a good few years of modding AH.

I currently have over 12000 pms in and out stored.
    Would have had to wipe out my inbox a few times too before they upped the limit that mods can hold.

I really need to get out more. Do some pushups.

Something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got a couple, sent a couple.

Someone did try their luck but I had to tell him I was married with kids, which I am. Seen him post a few times seems like a nice guy. No flirting pms that's a no no. I get on with a couple of boardies and chat via pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Have you ever gotten a date/relationship that started from sending another boardsie a message?

I get a lot of death threats, kinda the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

I used to get quite a few but I've switched to Google Talk, Skype or texts. Less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Yes, I get loads and send loads, I suppose you have to be in the clique:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Leeg17 wrote: »

Mod hat,
    friendly reminder that it's against the Boards.ie rules to post the contents of a PM outside the DRP forum.

Ah well that's ruined the fun of this thread :p

I think there should be an annual 'Send a random boardsie a pm' day. Who knows what bonds could be formed from that special day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

About 30 in total. Which is a lot more than I thought I had. Rarely get Pm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Used to get the odd one, but the amount in my inbox has almost doubled in the 5/6 days since becoming a mod. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

About 1.6k in my inbox stretching back to July, most of the recent ones have been due to modding.

Mod hat,

does that mean you can read all our PM's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've only ever got one.

I feel so lonely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

:eek: Fascist boards.ie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have about 500 odd. Although most of them are probably work related to my recent mods days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Don't think I can go into it tbh, but no, we can't read your PM's

Yours would be boring anyways :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i have nearly 170 and i dont know why haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I have..266. Plenty are just back and forth in 2004 when I and Rozabeez and a few others I know joined.

I have one creepy one! Must be stemming from KYN. It was sent at 5am also, to add to the creepiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Don't think I can go into it tbh, but no, we can't read your PM's

Yours would be boring anyways :p

thats good i was just about to delete the ones about the mods wife from slig......... oh wait!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

. . . .3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I've gotten 28 of them and I treasure every one of them. Second only to the amount of thanks I get, it's how I measure my self worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Not really.

I checked and was plesantly supprised and felt loved when I saw I had 74 private messages but then I realised they were from before adverts.ie went seperate (forever alone sigh).

Try passing off a picture of an attractive model as yourself in the 'know your AH'ers' photo thread, you might get more then, I'd say the key is to pick a 7-8, you dont want to post a 10 and for people to call BS and a 6 isn't going to get you much attention.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Mod hat,

?????? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I had 490 so had to delete some, but 95% were conversations with people in the same forum as me, a few of who are now real life friends.

Advertisement