Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beko TV remote stopped working

• 12-09-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I have a bog standard 8 year old no frills (i.e. not widescreen, flatscreen, LCD etc) Beko TV. I don't know the model number, but its grey, and has 3 buttons at the front (+, channel/vol, -).

Anyway, approx 2 weeks ago, its remote (original) stopped working. The red light is still visible on the remote, and it flashes when you press a button. Furthermore the red light on the tv also flashes, but nothing happens. I have since tried two different universal remotes, but no joy either.

Has anyone come across this problem before, and more importantly suggest a solution?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

judging from the lack of responses, am I goosed?

anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the red light on the TV flashes and two different remotes can't get the TV to accept the commands then the problem is in the TV. For an 8 year old Beko it's definitely not worth trying a repair job, even if you could find someone prepared to look at it.

Go out and buy a flatscreen TV (Saorview approved if you're receiving via an aerial), the way electricity prices are going it will probably pay for itself (uses way less juice) in two years.

Advertisement