Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did our economy tank just as Pyongyang arrived???

Time to end our pain, tempt him out of hiding with a Darius cab, smack him over the head, bundle him into a sack and drop him back to British territory.... the Falklands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    I EFFING LOVE QUEEN!

queen-rock-group-freddie-mercury-in-concert-at-st-james-park-in-newcastle-1986.jpg?1314380489

....that is all.

Same here :cool:

I take it you heard about the Brian May incident?

w1v9sn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Same here :cool:

I take it you heard about the Brian May incident?

w1v9sn.jpg

No actually do tell!

I only posted that because Pyongyang posted a picture of *the* Queen. Here was me thinking I was funny...

No actually do tell!

I only posted that because Pyongyang posted a picture of *the* Queen. Here was me thinking I was funny...

Ah so your not a Queen fan? Bah, move along...nothing to see here

Ah so your not a Queen fan? Bah, move along...nothing to see here

Posting that image and the comment I made aren't mutually exclusive to one another. Of course I'm a Queen fan... infact I just bought their greatest hits on Vinyl.

It's a great motivator when doing household chores... *cleaning dishes* BICYCLE... BICYCLE... *vacuuming around the house* ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!

In all seriousness though yes I'm a fan of Queen.

• Advertisement

Retr0 has some kind of connection with Brian May through a relative & had a drink with him once or twice it seems. He got starstruck though & didn't ask much about Queen, & instead chose to discuss his thesis & some rpg stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0 has some kind of connection with Brian May through a relative & had a drink with him once or twice it seems. He got starstruck though & didn't ask much about Queen, & instead chose to discuss his thesis & some rpg stuff :(

I used to go out with a girl who's family lived close to Ronnie Woods house in Kildare. I ended up there a few times over the years as he was very friendly with the neighbours and invited lots over for tea and late night parties and what not(he likes his late night parties, young ladies and discussing the ins and outs of locks and barges along the canal).

Let me tell you one thing, I never mentioned games/retro or otherwise to him ;)
    I'll never forget the evening we called over for some dinner type thing and it was Ronnie, Charlie McCreevy and some other peeps from the land of famous. Twas a night of pure weirdness and it'll be in my book one day.

But basically, if you meet a rock/pop legend, dont be talkin bout the games, pump them for the life stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Steve SI wrote: »
    I used to go out with a girl who's family lived close to Ronnie Woods house in Kildare. I ended up there a few times over the years as he was very friendly with the neighbours and invited lots over for tea and late night parties and what not(he likes his late night parties, young ladies and discussing the ins and outs of locks and barges along the canal).

Let me tell you one thing, I never mentioned games/retro or otherwise to him ;)
    I'll never forget the evening we called over for some dinner type thing and it was Ronnie, Charlie McCreevy and some other peeps from the land of famous. Twas a night of pure weirdness and it'll be in my book one day.

But basically, if you meet a rock/pop legend, dont be talkin bout the games, pump them for the life stories.

Sod that. If I ever meet Kylie I'm asking if she plays Pokemon.

If I had ever met Michael Jackson during his lifetime I'd ask him if he plays with himself.*

*Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Mega Drive that is... obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****! Collection of 5000 unique games -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261025482936

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lol @ pyongyang, you're some man for posting that pic of the Queen.

Truth be told it was probably Jeremy Clarkson he met. :pac:
    If I had ever met Michael Jackson during his lifetime I'd ask him if he plays with himself.*

*Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on Mega Drive that is... obviously...

Macaulay Culkin could probably answer that in Michael's absence. Eh, because weren't they best friends and I'm sure played together? Moonwalker that is. Allegedly.

Brilliant how o1s1n's post about a Mercs PCB can lead to The Queen, Queen, retr0's cross-dressing meme antics, Kylie and back to video games in the form of Moonwalker. A&R forum is brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Personally I thought it was the photo of postman Pat that would have caused the most uproar.

Happy Diamond Jubilee weekend all! :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Personally I thought it was the photo of postman Pat that would have caused the most uproar.

Happy Diamond Jubilee weekend all! :D

I've no probs with pics of the queen.

See!
    securedrrownload.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »

If that lazy bastard was doing his job properly then it wouldn't take three times as long for something from the UK to arrive as opposed to something from Japan.

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »

Pity there's no info about the build of the game on there... wonder if the ROM has already been ripped or not.

Master of the Universe

I'd say if it's very different than the final version he'd have to have noticed .- would want to be one big eejit to have a game that popular, undumped and different from the final version without stating it in the auction. It'd really be worth a lot more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'd say if it's very different than the final version he'd have to have noticed .- would want to be one big eejit to have a game that popular, undumped and different from the final version without stating it in the auction. It'd really be worth a lot more money.

You never know... I've known of people to have Katana dev kits with undumped versions of games and not know their value etc.

Same with having copies of games on GD-R but having no way to play them (due to not having a dev kit or system disc 2) thinking that it's the final version but it actually is not at all.

Master of the Universe

You never know... I've known of people to have Katana dev kits with undumped versions of games and not know their value etc.

Same with having copies of games on GD-R but having no way to play them (due to not having a dev kit or system disc 2) thinking that it's the final version but it actually is not at all.

It does happen alright. If it happens with this Mario Kart beta then the seller has missed out big.

Then again, I'd say it's going to sell for a lot of money anyway given what it is.

Whatever happened with those katana dev kits by the way? Did the guys get them dumped in the end?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Located in Ireland too!

If it doesn't go too mental I'd be interested in bidding for the controller alone.

Located in Ireland too!

If it doesn't go too mental I'd be interested in bidding for the controller alone.

Have me eye on this one as well.

Master of the Universe

Looks like Shankill will be experiencing an electrical blackout on the 03 Jun, 2012 16:59:53 BST :pac:

Looks like Shankill will be experiencing an electrical blackout on the 03 Jun, 2012 16:59:53 BST :pac:

Haha, it would probably be for the best if it did :)

Although better make it 30 mins earlier as I've 30 mins of backup power in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Located in Ireland too! UK

fyp

It does happen alright. If it happens with this Mario Kart beta then the seller has missed out big.

Then again, I'd say it's going to sell for a lot of money anyway given what it is.

Whatever happened with those katana dev kits by the way? Did the guys get them dumped in the end?

Yeah one of them was an unfinished but playable version of the cancelled Hellgate.

There's a thread about it on the Assembler forums somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Master of the Universe

FFS!

You can pretty much guarantee at this stage that if it'll fit in a perspex box, the VGA will grade it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

selling off loads of stuff, have a look through.. :D

Boxed amiga 1200

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/boxed-commodore-amiga-1200/1702882

Ive more stuff to go up, im having a hard time bringing myself to do it though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement