Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest/Lidl Universal Remote Control

• 02-10-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just got the 8 in 1 Silvercrest universal remote control from Lidl today.

I got the Sanyo TV and the Samsung DVD/VCR working with it but can't get the Silvercrest satelitte receiver working with it !

I saw a previous post about it and it mentioned about using the learn function but have tried to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peadar99

I'd say return them - I got a couple of them at the weekend, but got nowhere with either of them, so I brought them back.
    They had settings for my TV and worked ok with that, but they refused to learn from the Silvercrest receiver's remote.

The lack of settings for a Silvercrest receiver was pretty annoying - I guess it was because the remote and receiver weren't made by the same company [Comag for the receiver, and Tucan, I think, for the remote].
    I tried the Medion and Tevion settings as well, just in case there was something in there which would work, but nothing did.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

UPDATE: got the remote control working on the silvercrest sat receiver ...... using the 'learn' function on the remote control (thanks to help from a previous poster here).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yep, the learn function on that remote is great, it makes the buttons completely customisable.

It's still odd that they have no code available for a product that carries the same brand name though. :confused:

Even though, it's a great bargain @ €7.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamtheman

i have the same problem!!! xcept i dont have a remote to do the learn mode thingy??? any suggestions....... they seem to have codesfor every other silvercrest except sat!!!:mad::mad::mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

celticfc wrote: »
    Yep, the learn function on that remote is great, it makes the buttons completely customisable.

It's still odd that they have no code available for a product that carries the same brand name though. :confused:

Even though, it's a great bargain @ €7.99

Yes I also think they are great value..........
    I use one for a sky box, another for a Technomate sat-box
    and a Luxor TV HD
    which are not on the list for the remote.
    You would pay big money for the learn function on another remote.

GREAT VALUE:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnny Tralee

I've lost my instruction book can anyone give me a breif reminded of how to program this remote or direct me to a website with the remote setup?:confused:

Manual here :)

It's not that exact remote, but I think the buttons are the same/similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Even though it is a Silvercrest product, it is supported on the Targa website (don't ask me why :()
    Here's the manual:
    http://www.service.targa.co.uk/faq.php?lang_id=2&baseid=268&artdesc=SilverCrest+URC+801+Remote+Control&artid=846&artpic=URC-801_Fernbedienung.jpg

I think its a great remote (for the money!) but mine recently started eating batterys in less than one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

If your remote is eating batteries, it probably has a stuck key that is active all the time.

You can test it by viewing your remote through a digital camera (or a camera on a mobile phone). Point the front of the remote at the camera lens while watching on the camera view screen. If the LED on the remote is showing as glowing white, then it is active.

Check the rubber buttons to make sure one of them is not stuck down and permanently being pressed.

Another version available on the 15th: See here

• Advertisement

Ger Roe wrote: »
    If your remote is eating batteries, it probably has a stuck key that is active all the time.

You can test it by viewing your remote through a digital camera (or a camera on a mobile phone). Point the front of the remote at the camera lens while watching on the camera view screen. If the LED on the remote is showing as glowing white, then it is active.

That's a great tip with the camera! Thanks, Ger Roe. In fact when I do as you suggest it is actually not stuck on. When I do press a key (only) I can see the two IR thingies lighting up.
    I'm no expert but I guessing that some resister or capacitor or what-have-you has failed.
    Targa have said the other day thay are going to send me a new one, which when/if I get it would be first rate service IMHO.

CelticFC, that one you posted is quite different looking. But if my replacement does not show up from Targa I'd risk a tenner on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭agentsmith

Celticfc - do you know if this latest remote in lidl 15th will work on amstrad sky+ box? as need get second remote and not sure if better to go with sky+ remote from ebay or similar (but more expensive)

agentsmith wrote: »
    Celticfc - do you know if this latest remote in lidl 15th will work on amstrad sky+ box? as need get second remote and not sure if better to go with sky+ remote from ebay or similar (but more expensive)

Well even if it doesn't have a code for it (which it may do), providing you have the original remote to hand you can use the "learn" function to make it work.

Guess worth getting for the money anyway.

Plasma model is LG which even original sky did not have codes for so unlikely on this uni remote either?. LG actually very difficult to find codes for (wish I knew that before got tv over other models).

just to be sure I understand correctly - the learn function, when programing new remote to original I would have to do for vol +/- , on/off,channel up/dwn etc assigning the appropriate button on new remote for corresponding original in ther words select vol+ button on both remotes etc

agentsmith wrote: »
    just to be sure I understand correctly - the learn function, when programing new remote to original I would have to do for vol +/- , on/off,channel up/dwn etc assigning the appropriate button on new remote for corresponding original in ther words select vol+ button on both remotes etc

Yes, you enter the learn function on the universal remote and assign it button-by-button by holding the original remote control up to the other.

You may however not need to use this and a code may suffice.

Ok thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnny Tralee

I've lost my instruction book can anyone give me a breif reminded of how to program this remote or direct me to a website with the remote setup?:confused:
    None of these have worked, in particular I am trying to programme Daewoo DVD player to work on this remote as I don't have the original remote to use the learn funtion from, without an user manual or web link, you can see my problem!:confused::confused::confused:

JFYI - my brand new replacement Silvercrest URC 801 just arrived via DHL from Targa today. Excellent service IMHO.

**** Johnny Tralee, due to the above I am in a very good mood, ;) try this link:- http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=6193&type=anleitungen&lang=uk

having issues trying to "learn" sky remote buttons on universal specifically the up/dwn volumes and sky services (blue buttons) is this a limitation or? I have sucessfully "learned" channel +/- and the "i" information buttons but unable to program the vol or any of the blue buttons from the sky remote- anyone have similar probs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Maxtor

i just got a silver crest remote, i can program it in to everything else but my upc mediabox, does anybody know if its compatible with ntl or what? It has a code for it in the box but just doesn't seem to work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I got the same one and while the codes worked for the TV and DVD-R my Grundig Freesat box wouldn't respond to any Grundig or Alba codes listed.
    I was pretty p1$$ed off & ready to return it but actually the "Learn" function is really easy and works very well.
    Took just a few minutes & now all functions are working (albeit that the EPG button just wouldn't take - had to use one of the other buttons in the end).

Try teaching it manually - it looks like a load of hassle but once you get the hang of it its a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

wish somebody knew how to get this remote to work with a dreambox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

I got one of these silvercrest kh2156 remotes today, i got my black diamond tv working all funtions working eccept turning teletext off work, carnt get my liteon hdd/dvd sony dvd recorder, yamaha amp, ******* pvr cable box ferguson satilite box, contental portable tv, nthell box philips dvd recorder to work with this, i tried the learning mode says sucess each time but nothing works..
    Waste of money if ya ask me.

If anyone no of a good universal thaT WILL WORK ON ALL OR MOST ABOVE LET ME NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Maxtor

cjt156 wrote: »
    I got the same one and while the codes worked for the TV and DVD-R my Grundig Freesat box wouldn't respond to any Grundig or Alba codes listed.
    I was pretty p1$$ed off & ready to return it but actually the "Learn" function is really easy and works very well.
    Took just a few minutes & now all functions are working (albeit that the EPG button just wouldn't take - had to use one of the other buttons in the end).

Try teaching it manually - it looks like a load of hassle but once you get the hang of it its a great piece of kit.

Hey thanks for that, I'm trying to get the learn function working, I'm having some trouble, It will learn one function only, can I choose the button that I want it too learn too on the silver crest of does that jus happen??

I feel a dumb ass, because I know I'm doing somthing wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Maxtor wrote: »
    Hey thanks for that, I'm trying to get the learn function working, I'm having some trouble, It will learn one function only, can I choose the button that I want it too learn too on the silver crest of does that jus happen??

I feel a dumb ass, because I know I'm doing somthing wrong :(

In the "learn" menu it asks you for a "learn key"
    You then press the Silvercrest Key you want to teach - it changes to "learning"
    You press the key on the original remote and the Silvercrest changes to "success" (hopefully)
    It then quickly changes to "learn key" for the next function and so on.

Its all in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yellowbear

Is there any way to make the remote learn buttons if you dont have the original remote control?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

yellowbear wrote: »
    Is there any way to make the remote learn buttons if you dont have the original remote control?

No. Your best bet in that situation is to find someone with the same TV (even the same brand might do, might not have to be the exact same model version) and borrow the remote, test that it operates your tv and if it does then go through the learning procedure on the universal remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Haven't been able to get mine working with my Technomate 1000 yet. Was trying the search last night, but no joy! Anyone have the code by any chance?! seems like a good buy, have it working on my philps tv and magnavox (not sure is that spelt write!) dvdplayer/amp - though think i'll have to use the learn function to get it to do all the amp features, seems to jus operate the dvd player aspect at the min.... Haven't spent too much time with it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satdog

Haven't been able to get mine working with my Technomate 1000 yet. Was trying the search last night, but no joy! Anyone have the code by any chance?! seems like a good buy, have it working on my philps tv and magnavox (not sure is that spelt write!) dvdplayer/amp - though think i'll have to use the learn function to get it to do all the amp features, seems to jus operate the dvd player aspect at the min.... Haven't spent too much time with it yet.

Did you get the EPG button working? I can't on my Philips TV or my Humax Foxsat. (My Philips is a PFL325604). For both devices the EPG works when you select the codes but when you save them and exit they don't. I'm on my second now, brought the first back as I thought the first was faulty.

Advertisement