Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Hungrycol wrote: »
    So what you doing for your other half today?

My other half is married with two kids- I suspect he has plans with his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

(I'm a twin.)

Edit: Cripes Vlad- that was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Garristown and back tonight. I'll ask if she wants to go on the crossbar.

We went out for a meal on saturday night, honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Happy Valentines Day ;)

We're sitting down and watching highlights of last year's Classics & TDF stages, and the full run of stage 19, Alpe d'Huez !! ;)

No, only kiddin, that would be a step too far :pac:

Speaking of stage 19 on the Alpe, here's an interesting video of the fans, even crazier than I thought !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Happy Valentines Day ;)

New bar tape, check tyres, might clean and lube the chain too.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Romance is alive and well I see :rolleyes:

Me? Pizza, vino, some DVD romcom, all her suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have a pre-nup agreement which specifically prohibits viewing of "romantic" "comedies". It's in the "no cruelty" section.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    I have a pre-nup agreement which specifically prohibits viewing of "romantic" "comedies". It's in the "no cruelty" section.

I have one of those too, regular unilateral breaches though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Happy Valentines Day

51db7527-139d-47b4-baf9-78889fe3baee.grid-4x2.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

51db7527-139d-47b4-baf9-78889fe3baee.grid-4x2.jpg

forever-alone-japanese+pillow.jpg

• Advertisement

In fairness she watched Warrior with me at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

.............and do you get to make any suggestions ??!! :p

Lumen, you crafty ould bugger, never thought of a pre-nup to cover awkward situations, smart move ;)

On the way home last night from work (with 2 other co-workers), the conversation went as follows:
    Tom: "So, Jim, will you do anything romantic for the auld wan tomorrow?"
    Jim: "Not really, just the usual, but it's unfortunate that she's working nights, wink wink"
    Tom: "So will you leave something out for her in the morning, so as to surprise her when she gets home?"
    Me: ".....yeah.................the washing !!"
    Ok ok I'll get me coat......

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I'm going for a ride and I think I might take a spin later on. :P

Just heard this on Radio Nova..

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I have a knife
    Get in the van

CPL 593H

Quick question, are the Look keo cleats compatible across the whole range, from Keo easy to blade?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

In fairness she watched Warrior with me at the weekend!

WTF? Why are you watching movies with my wife? She said she went to stay with her mother last weekend...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

WTF? Why are you watching movies with my wife? She said she went to stay with her mother last weekend...
    ... her mother was watching movies with the Captain, apparently ...

What can I say, it was her suggestion. She wanna visit the house of looove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

furiousox wrote: »

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I have a knife
    Get in the van

That's one of our favourite roleplays. She said she was sick of re-enacting "An Officer and a Gentleman".

For all you romantics out there, don't forget 'Metal Evolution' which continues tonight on Sky Arts at 9pm.

In Episode 7 of Metal Evolution, Sam explores grunge, a.k.a. the Seattle Sound, from a decidedly fresher approach, inspiring two fundamental questions: “Why did grunge polarize the Metal community?” and “What are the true roots of grunge?"

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Begins as an unremarkable anti-RLJer rant, but a familiar piece of footage brings a twist to the end and a possible new catchphrase on a par with, I dunno, footpad...

Ross Noble was poor on that, in all the rounds. His comment about African dancers in their coconut bras was a bit "Bernard Manning" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

^Who's that girl??^

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

^Who's that girl??^

Jamelia Niela Davis

Jamelia_Niela_Davis_1920x1440_HD_Wallpapers_Pack_1-7.jpg_Picture_-_2_display.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

AstraMonti wrote: »
    ^Who's that girl??^

Jamelia Niela Davis
    Oh, I thought it was Germaine Greer...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Completed a cycle from Harold's X up to Howth and back. Saw a lot of serious roadies, but I bet none of them felt as proud as I did when I got home, my hardest spin so far :).

I don't know how many times I've seen the Amazon logo and I've only just realised that it contains an implicit boast that they stock everything, from 'a' to 'z'.

225px-Amazon.com-Logo.svg.png

Is this widely known, and the penny just dropped very slowly for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I don't know how many times I've seen the Amazon logo and I've only just realised that it contains an implicit boast that they stock everything, from 'a' to 'z'.

No it would appear that I'm also an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

tomasrojo wrote: »

225px-Amazon.com-Logo.svg.png

Jeez, that has to be one of the more obvious ones. Funny though, I was just reading a list of some of the better ones yesterday. Not included on this list here:

http://www.pxleyes.com/blog/2009/07/top-20-logos-with-hidden-meanings/

Is one of my favourite ones:

spartan-golf.png

• Advertisement

In that case, I saw the warrior profile before I saw the golfer. Very nicely done.

(To be fair to me, it's not as if I've sat down daily over the last ten years with a print-out of the Amazon logo on my desk, my brow furrowed as I attempt to decipher the meaning of the arrow. I just never gave it a second thought before today. Much like the Dublin Bus logo; took me quite a while to notice that it contains not only a castle motif, but also a stylised DB.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement