Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

rebelgaa.com or the official Cork GAA website is your best bet

I noticed you posted in a number of other threads on here - best place is the Irish Examiner GAA supplement on a Monday, always has loads of results!

The results from most game in most counties are available on www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/results/ It really is a great way of keeping upto date with results - especially when you cannot but the paper or are out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

A big upset tonight in the Intermediate football championship with Glanworth beating a hotly fancied Kanturk side 2-11 to 2-9. Even though Kanturk were 2/5 favourites and had 3 inter county players on their team they couldn't match the intensity and hunger of a spirited Glanworth team.

Also tonight the 1st quarter final of the Intermediate football Championship was played with hot favourites Eire Og defeating Ballydesmond 0-20 to 0-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Even though Kanturk were 2/5 favourites and had 3 inter county players on their team they couldn't match the intensity and hunger of a spirited Glanworth team.

Kanturk have 1 inter county footballer.Cant really count the other two lads

Indie. wrote: »
    Kanturk have 1 inter county footballer.Cant really count the other two lads
    Well still 3 inter county players in any club team is a fair amount regardless if it's hurling or football they play. Lorcan McLoughlin and Anthony Nash would be a fair addition to any club squad in the county and both are good footballers,mind you Nash has had much better displays than his performance yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork 1-09 v 0-06 Monaghan

Bit of a disjointed first half. It took Cork a while to get going but they are getting there now. It was 0-05 a piece when Cork got 1-1 in a minute and pulled away before the short whistle.

Corks defence and midfield have started to get on top and with a good supply of ball the forwards started to do what they do best.

Murphy in midfield is just a joy to watch - super player and Corkery is her usual Duracell bunny self!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

Yes They are now hopefully getting into full flow!

My only problem with the Ladies is the Jersey! why is it so dark? Its like watching Galway.....No offence to Galway people intended :D

Yes They are now hopefully getting into full flow!

My only problem with the Ladies is the Jersey! why is it so dark? Its like watching Galway.....No offence to Galway people intended :D

Yeah the jersey is very un cork like - apparently there will be a new, more red one.

Bishopstown beat Midleton 1-11 v 0-11

Cork 2-15 v 0-12 Monaghan

So the ladies are into yet another All Ireland final - and totally deserved.
    While Monaghan are one of the best teams in Ireland, I never really thought they would lose - they really are that good.

When that Cork team perform, they really are a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry in the final is it? Croke Park? How did we get on against them in Munster?

not up to speed with ladies this year im afraid.

• Advertisement

Sunday September 30th v Ciarraí in Croker

It will be preceeded by both the ladies intermediate and junior finals.

It will hopefully get us into the habit of beating that lot in Croker :pac:

Sars 2-20 v 2-10 Crrigtwohill

Sars played quite well while Carrig were a little disappointing apparently.

I attended the Douglas v Newmarket senior football championship game tonight and what a mismatch it turned out to be with Douglas romping home 2-14 to 0-4. A disappointing night for Newmarket but they should be happy with their year after preserving their senior status for the year after their fairytale rise up to the senior grade.

I was impressed with Douglas who could be a surprise contender for the Cork title. It's a pity they have such little support,there was a pitiful amount of Douglas supporters at the game compared to the large Newmarket following.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cork 2-15 v 0-12 Monaghan

So the ladies are into yet another All Ireland final - and totally deserved.
    While Monaghan are one of the best teams in Ireland, I never really thought they would lose - they really are that good.

When that Cork team perform, they really are a joy to watch.

I totally agree with that statement - spent the afternoon in the Olympic park trying to follow the match via facebook, when I heard the result it was like I won a gold olympic medal :D Could have jumped around the place - I know the panel took a hard look at themselves after the league final, and that squad are phenomenal! their 7th All Ireland final in 8 years. I'm flying home for it, pity I already have to get days off work for my graduation or else I'd be taking the day after the final off as well - depending on flight times I might make it to the after match banquet as well.
    Kerry in the final is it? Croke Park? How did we get on against them in Munster?

not up to speed with ladies this year im afraid.

Yep, I tipped Kerry in the Kerry thread to be the dark horses of the championship this year - they beat Galway in the other semi last weekend, Game is in Croke Park - I was at the Munster final where we beat Kerry 3.12 to 2.9, Kerry came back strong in the second half. I think Cork have a huge advantage in their previous Croke Park experience, whereas it is the first time in about 20 years that a Kerry ladies team are into a senior final.

Sunday September 30th v Ciarraí in Croker

It will be preceeded by both the ladies intermediate and junior finals.

It will hopefully get us into the habit of beating that lot in Croker :pac:

I guess this might go ahead on Saturday the 29th or a week later than planned as apparently the hurling replay has been set for the 30th.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I guess this might go ahead on Saturday the 29th or a week later than planned as apparently the hurling replay has been set for the 30th.

won't go on the 29th, All Ireland 7s are on that day, they'd never put the finals on top of those

I was going booking my flights home tonight, just as well I didn't. Would be easier if the hurling went to four weeks, lot of preparation done by the ladies organisation for final days on the 30th Sept.

I just read on a GAA facebook page that the Ladies final is now on October 7th?

I just read on a GAA facebook page that the Ladies final is now on October 7th?

Gone out to the 7th alright - but yet to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I am trying to carry out some research and was wondering if anyone could help. I was wondering at what stages are the Senior Hurling and Football Championships in Cork, and where is the best place to keep up with results and fixtures in these championships, for someone outside the county who cannot get the local papers or to hear the local radio stations.

The official site has improved in the last year or two, plus they're also on twitter putting up live updates of matches
    this page is good and is kept up to date
    http://www.gaacork.ie/taggedNews/159181/99/county_championship_pairings

county sound carries live matches on saturdays and sundays
    http://www.c103.ie/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just was curious to see the price for Cork ladies to win Football in few weeks and they are 1/20 to lift trophy. Kerry 7/1.

Have to say that looks quite short for 2 horse race in final. Suppose they know more then me.

Hopefully it will be start of Double for Ladies this weekend. Heading to it myself.

• Advertisement

Cork have been in six finals, won six - this is Kerrys first in 20 years, plus Cork have Angela Walsh back as well. tbh Cork would have been fairly short odds before the championship, given their record - Cork have beaten Dublin, Galway, Monaghanx2, Mayo and Armagh in finals, think they have had something like 5 defeats in all competitions in the last 7 years, which is remarkable

I fully expect the footballers to win their final - although kerry should put it up to them, it's Corks to lose I think.

The hurlers have an interesting contest. They should have beat them in the semi last year while Weford are going for 3 in a row. A cautiously optimistic vote for the hurlers.

Don't forget that Cork have already beaten Wexford in a final this year, defeated them in the league final

True - and stopping them from doing a 3 in a row would add a little sweetener to a victory. The double is very much on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

I fully expect the footballers to win their final - although kerry should put it up to them, it's Corks to lose I think.

The hurlers have an interesting contest. They should have beat them in the semi last year while Weford are going for 3 in a row. A cautiously optimistic vote for the hurlers.

Sure its not in Croke Park now is it? If so Cork will be grand ;)

lala88 wrote: »
    Sure its not in Croke Park now is it? If so Cork will be grand ;)

Of course it's in Croker.

And I agree with you, Cork will be grand;)

Bishopstown beat Ballymartyle 1-13 v 0-012

Sars beat CIT 3-11 v 0-14

Sars got a late goal and CIT were by far the better team in the second half but missed a rake of points.

Wexford were by far the better team today and certainly deserved their win. Their hb line were very impressive while Corks fb line made a few costly mistakes.

I heard that there was some unsavoury scenes at the St Finbarrs v Catlehaven senior quarter final championship game according to C103 fm. Any forum members at the game?

I heard that there was some unsavoury scenes at the St Finbarrs v Catlehaven senior quarter final championship game according to C103 fm. Any forum members at the game?

Afraid not. Subs onto the pitch? Players sent off? Who won?

• Advertisement

Twas a draw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement