Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pulled Pork Question

Options
  • 14-02-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a shoulder of pork defrosting for tomorrow and am going to try and do pulled pork. Anyone got a good recipe for a simple dry rub to stick on it in the morning? Also, am going to roast it in the oven for about seven hours, on a rack in a roasting tin. Do I cover the roasting tin with foil?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out this recipe from The Cooking Club.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I would cover it, to stop it from drying out. I would also include a little liquid in the roasting tray, to steam it a little.

In terms of a rub, I go with what is in the cupboard, but it is usually a couple of teaspoons of each paprika, smoked paprika, garlic granules, onion granules, oregano, chilli powder (or something similarly spicy), with a teaspoon of sea salt and a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. Rub all over and cook low and slow.

Have a good bbq sauce at the ready to toss it with when you pull.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I would cover it, to stop it from drying out. I would also include a little liquid in the roasting tray, to steam it a little.

In terms of a rub, I go with what is in the cupboard, but it is usually a couple of teaspoons of each paprika, smoked paprika, garlic granules, onion granules, oregano, chilli powder (or something similarly spicy), with a teaspoon of sea salt and a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. Rub all over and cook low and slow.

Have a good bbq sauce at the ready to toss it with when you pull.

Enjoy.
    Nice one, thanks a mill for that, it's just gone in the oven anyway, hope to take it out around 4

Advertisement