Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Craft brew offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

thegift06 wrote: »
    Love a bit of brew dog. Never seen it on offer anywhere
    Redmonds off-license in Rathgar have 4 cans of Punk IPA for €10

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

That's a bargain alright.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

irish_goat wrote: »

If the cans are still 330 its more OK than a bargain.

L1011 wrote: »
    If the cans are still 330 its more OK than a bargain.

They are still 330ml but €2.50 is what I pay in Tesco up here for the bottles and cans are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Someone was telling me that some off licenses do something where you can buy a reusable bottle from them and fill up with certain craft beers from a keg in store. Does that work out cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Curious about that myself, saw it mentioned when I was in Mulligans yesterday but forgot to ask them how it works.

Leann follain at 1.85 a pop is a great price. It's usually excluded from the special offers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Someone was telling me that some off licenses do something where you can buy a reusable bottle from them and fill up with certain craft beers from a keg in store. Does that work out cheaper?

The rather hideously named "growler". Its usually cheaper than bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Anyone got any more details on that? Which off licences & which beers?

Custardpi wrote: »
    Anyone got any more details on that? Which off licences & which beers?

Bit of info in this thread. It tends to be craft beer pubs only who do them. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87728575

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Carryout in Tyrellstown carry or are connected to Craft Beer Growlers (www.craftbeergrowlers.ie). They sell glass growlers in 1 and 2 litre formats. You can buy their own glass growler to have and return for refills or they will fill a PET bottle for you.

The 'menu' changes week to week and the price varies, but it's typically EUR 7.99 for a 1 litre fill which isn't fantastic value compared with the typcial cost of a 500ml bottle.

Galway Bay Bars will only fill their own growlers and this is common across the other pubs doing it as well as far as I know. So I'd only buy a growler if you are reasonably sure that you will be dropping in regularly to fill it.

I don't see it as a bargain at all, it's more a way to get hold of something unusual that is only available on draft etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

A little over 10 hours left but this Groupon deal is pretty good. I've ordered the Weiss Bier collection (25 x 500ml).

h.t.t.p://w.w.w.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-sim-buy-15/50295626

(apologies for link but wont allow me to post proper link...I'm sure you can work it out)

You can buy from the actual suppliers direct from Germany for €29.99 but they charge €20 delivery to Ireland so €39.99 isn't too bad and for some nice looking beers you probably wont find anywhere else in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

Kenmare Irish pale ale 500ml 4 for a tenner in supervalu. I think aldi or lidl are doing them now too. I found that to be lovely stuff. Failing that I go for O'Hara's pale ale in aldi.

Great times we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Was up the north last week and spotted that Sainsburys do 660ml bottles of Punk for £2.50 (€3.20ish) which i thought was good value compared to what we pay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

TheDriver wrote: »
    theres a savage pale ale from BLacks of Kinsale which Dunnes have at 4 for 9 euro. Add on the 5 euro voucher, bottles are about 1.85 each.

Their Black IPA is included in that offer too which is excellent also

emo72 wrote: »
    Kenmare Irish pale ale 500ml 4 for a tenner in supervalu. I think aldi or lidl are doing them now too. I found that to be lovely stuff. Failing that I go for O'Hara's pale ale in aldi.

Great times we live in.

That's in dunnes 4 for €9 offer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

TPD wrote: »
    I really liked the McGargles red ale :p
    Must stop in to lidl and try this!

Not impressed with the crafty red ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

TheDriver wrote: »
    theres a savage pale ale from BLacks of Kinsale which Dunnes have at 4 for 9 euro. Add on the 5 euro voucher, bottles are about 1.85 each.

Get away from my stash! I love their range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Get away from my stash! I love their range.

I stocked up with 5 cases, local Dunnes will think its popular! The black ale is not nice though.....

Any Blacks of Kinsale available 4 for €9 is great value IMHO. The Black IPA is an acquired taste, but the Pale Ale and the Session Ale are lovely imho. Must call into Dunnes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

irish_goat wrote: »
    Was up the north last week and spotted that Sainsburys do 660ml bottles of Punk for £2.50 (€3.20ish) which i thought was good value compared to what we pay here.

Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Probably a bit of a regional offer but for anybody in and around Waterford, Ardkeen Foodstore seem to have a few Craft Beer offers at the moment. Picked up a blast of Mine Head (2 bottles for €5.50). Usually €3-75 per bottle so a decent saving if buying a few.

Christmas beer nearly sorted, now.

Anybody see any White Gypsy offers, anywhere?

Probably a bit of a regional offer but for anybody in and around Waterford, Ardkeen Foodstore seem to have a few Craft Beer offers at the moment. Picked up a blast of Mine Head (2 bottles for €5.50). Usually €3-75 per bottle so a decent saving if buying a few.

Christmas beer nearly sorted, now.

Anybody see any White Gypsy offers, anywhere?

Minehead. Probably my favourite regularly accessible beer at the moment.

That's a great price for Minehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Minehead. Probably my favourite regularly accessible beer at the moment.

Mine too. I'm not finding it that easily accessible though.

World Wide Wines & Ardkeen Stores are the only two places I've seen it. Ardkeen, by chance, last night.

Mine too. I'm not finding it that easily accessible though.

World Wide Wines & Ardkeen Stores are the only two places I've seen it. Ardkeen, by chance, last night.

Luckily for me a nearby off-license has it nearly always in stock. The CoachHouse, Ballinteer, if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Dunnes have a decent selection of 500ml bottles on their 4 for €9 offer.
    Pic isnt great but you get the idea.
    Good to see Proper Job and Fullers IPA in there, both nice English ales that Tesco often have. Blacks, Whitewater, Bru, Kenmare too.
    I notice they have the new and old style label O'Haras Leann Follain and IPA though, to make the range look bigger than it is.

Dunnes have a decent selection of 500ml bottles on their 4 for €9 offer.

Dunnes also have a few Hilden Brewing ales as part of the offer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dunnes also have a few Hilden Brewing ales as part of the offer.

They're supposed to, at least. My local Dunnes has removed the shelf of good beers to make room for more 24 packs of crap.

An File wrote: »
    They're supposed to, at least. My local Dunnes has removed the shelf of good beers to make room for more 24 packs of crap.
    Big demand for slabs of pisswater

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »

My local Tesco has removed the cider fridge for that purpose - initially when I went down the aisle I thought they'd removed the non-Diageo/non-Heineken shelves but they'd only moved them :o

Advertisement