Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2014: Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

All of Lewis's work undone with that spin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Someone needs to tell Hamilton to take second today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yes, but the gap is reducing every sector.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

mickdw wrote: »
    Someone needs to tell Hamilton to take second today.

I think you are right. His tyres may not be able to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

2011 wrote: »
    I think you are right. His tyres may not be able to take it.

If Hamilton were to dump it off the road, he would likely be a point behind rosberg going into last race.
    Rosberg is not above accidentally taking them both out in last race in that situation.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    If Hamilton were to dump it off the road, he would likely be a point behind rosberg going into last race.
    Rosberg is not above accidentally taking them both out in last race in that situation.

Agreed, but my money is on Hamilton winning this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Hamilton has just got so much more pace than Rosberg again this week. He will be in front after the next stops.

I would love to see Massa on the podium. I think there is a real chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Williams not having a good day with their pitstops

Williams not having a good day with their pitstops

Yeah, but Massa back up to 3rd.

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    Hamilton has just got so much more pace than Rosberg again this week. He will be in front after the next stops.

Hamilton is only 0.8 sec from DRS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Well that's awkward...

B2A--dXCEAAncHb.jpg:large

Important 17 laps for Rosberg now, will want to stay ahead

Button showing his class once again.

Was good wheel to wheel with kimi

Good that Rosberg closes the gap a bit, but more pressure on Lewis for last race. Massa did well considering the 5 sec penalty and driving into wrong pit box

Double points can't now decide the championship.

Not the most exciting race in ever making it quite representative of the season :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So double points weren't need to keep it going to the last race at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

That was funny... who cares what you think about the race Lewis, we just want to know about Nicole. :D Piquet on the sauce it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some very questionable radio traffic from Merc today;

Rosberg - "How many laps are left?"
    Team - "Rich 12, Rich 12"

Hugely important for safety that discussion, quite a few from Nico's side & some from Lewis' side too. Anyway,

Rosberg was flawless today, & beat Hamilton fair & square. I think Hamilton just took too much out of his tires reducing the 7 second gap after spinning.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Rosberg - "How many laps are left?"
    Team - "Rich 12, Rich 12"

I remember hearing that and wondering what they meant. Looks like it was what was left in his tyre program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

_rebelkid wrote: »
    I remember hearing that and wondering what they meant. Looks like it was what was left in his tyre program.

Possibly, they were telling him the gap to Lewis too for a while which had me wondering how that's allowed. I read the Rich 12 instruction as a fuel/engine map adjustment

Myrddin wrote: »
    Possibly, they were telling him the gap to Lewis too for a while which had me wondering how that's allowed. I read the Rich 12 instruction as a fuel/engine map adjustment

They can still do those instructions though. And with Merc, it's the Magic and Brake Magic settings that the teams try to keep the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Rosberg looked proper peed off leaving the podium, couldnt work out what he said. Nobody loves him...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I though Nico would crack under the pressure, but he held it together today.
    Good performance by Button too.

This is the stuff they can't mention on radio. Lap time difference is okay just not sector time and don't see any ban on fuel talk, throttle application I think is a bit different

* Driving lines on the circuit
    * Contact with kerbs
    * Car set-up parameters for specific corners
    * Comparative or absolute sector time detail of another driver
    * Speeds in corners compared to another driver
    * Gear selection compared with another driver
    * Gear selection in general
    * Braking points
    * Rate of braking compared to another driver
    * Rate of braking or application of brakes in general
    * Car stability under braking
    * Throttle application compared to another driver
    * Throttle application in general
    * Use of DRS compares with another driver
    * Use of any overtake button
    * Driving technique in general

This is the stuff they can't mention on radio. Lap time difference is okay just not sector time and don't see any ban on fuel talk, throttle application I think is a bit different

* Driving lines on the circuit
    * Contact with kerbs
    * Car set-up parameters for specific corners
    * Comparative or absolute sector time detail of another driver
    * Speeds in corners compared to another driver
    * Gear selection compared with another driver
    * Gear selection in general
    * Braking points
    * Rate of braking compared to another driver
    * Rate of braking or application of brakes in general
    * Car stability under braking
    * Throttle application compared to another driver
    * Throttle application in general
    * Use of DRS compares with another driver
    * Use of any overtake button
    * Driving technique in general

Engine settings are fine. That's probably what it was.

Imagine the drama if T1 at Abu Dhabi was a copy of T1 at Suzuka in 1991...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I really thought Hamilton had Rosberg made when he was closing the gap. With that said, Rosberg showed great skill and concentration today under that kind of pressure.

Should be a good final race.

Advertisement