Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good mechanics in Galway?

• 25-11-2011 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Guys, Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in galway that won`t rip me off ! ?

I only have a few bits to be done, Bearing and some lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciate !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Mechanic on Nuns Island. Those lads have always been straight with me. Reliable and honest. I know another guy out in Inverin who is also very good. Have his number, pm me if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jamezito

sound ! whats the name of the place in nuns island ? invern prob too far away as id say i`ll have to leave the car there for a while

The chaps across from the NCT centre in Doughishka I found to be helpful, decent and reasonable price wise. 'tis a while since I lived there, almost two years but I imagine their still there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

jamezito wrote: »
    sound ! whats the name of the place in nuns island ? invern prob too far away as id say i`ll have to leave the car there for a while

Kilduffs on Nuns Island I think is the name? Their garage is on the road that leads to Mill Street. It's on the left as you drive down opposite the small theatre. http://maps.google.ie/

Guy out in Inverin is Dara. He is very good too if Kilduffs are too busy. Have his number if other place doesn't work out. Sure nice coastline for walk if ye had to wait a bit? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

theres a fella that services my car and a few other peoples that i know he is good and wont rip u off pm me if u wnt his number hes about 30 mins from galway city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

galway tyre centre. gus is the bossman there. its in liosbaun. lads are sound to deal with and very reasonable. PM for any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

I use a lad on Tuam road. GTB auto services. I can honestly say they won't screw you. They'll charge for how long it takes not the going rate.I'vegone through a few places, one has been mentioned above. PM me for numer if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stauntj

Byrnes Tyres in oranmore. The prices are fair(by mechanic standards) but most importantly, they get the job done and done right and in my experience, they give realistic and fair timescales for getting the job done...unlike the other mechanics up the road from them who held my car for 3 days before calling around for a part.(brake caliper)

Ive only had tyres and tracking done in byrnes(twice) so im basing my comments on that.

P.S I've used sasha just once, service was fine but i heard three separate complaints from friends of mine that i decided not to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Assuming its the same Sasha I'd stay well clear: http://www.galwaynews.ie/23120-city-car-trader-convicted-sale-clocked-car

Friend used to work with him before he set up the garage and said he wouldn't buy anything off him.

I've used Firststop near B&Q recently and found them good to deal with http://www.fsknocknacarra.com/

Thanks for all the replys guys. i ended up goin to sasha motors and got completely ripped off ! Just seen the news last night and he was up in court for clocking cars and got a fine and had to pay the lady e4000 back. serves him right

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replys guys. i ended up goin to sasha motors and got completely ripped off ! Just seen the news last night and he was up in court for clocking cars and got a fine and had to pay the lady e4000 back. serves him right

why the hell did you go there? i dont know why people start threads looking for advice and then completly ignore the replys! :confused:

dan hibiki wrote: »

why the hell did you go there? i dont know why people start threads looking for advice and then completly ignore the replys! :confused:

Well Dan if you opened your eyes to look at the date that thread was started it might answer your question !
    I wanted a mechanic fast. Someone who was close bc i wouldn't have my car for a while.
    Most of the replies were well well after my post, some even months !
    That answer your question

Well Dan if you opened your eyes to look at the date that thread was started it might answer your question !
    I wanted a mechanic fast. Someone who was close bc i wouldn't have my car for a while.
    Most of the replies were well well after my post, some even months !
    That answer your question

not really, since the first few posts didnt recomend that you go to sasha! anyway, lesson learned. how did they rip you off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement