Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2014: Round 17 - US Grand Prix

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Myrddin wrote: »
    All the while overlooking the fact that if his gearbox hadn't crapped itself in that race, he'd have won it in a more comfortable fashion. Let it go dude, it's been six years :)

Not to mention him losing 25 seconds at Spa.

Especially when you consider Rosberg did the complete opposite at Canada this season and got a 'warning'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I really think Lewis fully deserves this title, and I do firmly believe its all but settled that he will take it.

And even though Rosberg would still be a worthy champion, if he were to win it I don't fully think F1 would get its deserving champion.

He has been hugely consistent but lacks the killer instinct that Lewis has, the win ration between the 2 shows this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Gintonious wrote: »
    I really think Lewis fully deserves this title, and I do firmly believe its all but settled that he will take it.

And even though Rosberg would still be a worthy champion, if he were to win it I don't fully think F1 would get its deserving champion.

He has been hugely consistent but lacks the killer instinct that Lewis has, the win ration between the 2 shows this.

I don't particularly like Hamilton but it's hard to disagree with the above.

Nico was nowhere on Sunday, no challenge at all to Hamilton who just cruised up behind, passed and cruised off. There was no point in that race where Hamilton looked in remotely on the edge to keep up / ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It's actually a surprise that the championship has gone on this long as it is.

Hamilton has more wins that Nico, but the reliability (or lack of) for Lewis has really kept it going this long.

I really do get a horrible feeling about the double points last race. If Nico were to win the final 2 races and show his full worth then so be it. But, if something were to happen to Lewis in Abu Dhabi and Nico got the double points win, I don't know exactly how I would feel. In some ways Nico has shown some serious speed and pace this year, but so has Lewis.

The last time the title went to Abu Dhabi, Vettel took it when he wasn't leading. I wonder could be see one of the most insane outcomes for a championship in recent memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

As much as I dislike Hamilton, the only way I'd be happy with Nico getting the championship would be if he convincingly beat Hamilton in the next 2 races, including overtaking him in a straight fight. Otherwise I can't see how anyone could argue against Hamilton being the more worthy champion (even if he is a dick :P).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Some good banter between the driver's on twitter.
    Bit disappointed ricciardo didn't get to wear the stetson on the podium.
    B1lIHNkCcAAwODo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

So great to see them using Twitter for genuine banter and not just tweeting press releases. Or tweeting telemetry data...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

they really make it look like there are handcuffs on them just out of shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Zcott wrote: »
    So great to see them using Twitter for genuine banter and not just tweeting press releases. Or tweeting telemetry data...
    There does be some great banter on the team feeds during any of the sessions, Mercedes twitter is particularly witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

flazio wrote: »
    There does be some great banter on the team feeds during any of the sessions, Mercedes twitter is particularly witty.

Lotus are worth a follow too, some good banter between them and Mercedes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement