Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nike lunarfly 2

• 05-02-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Saw these in elverys for €50. Was thinking of getting them at a pretty good price for when the lunarglides run out. Was wondering how they compare to the 'glides ?
    Ta muchly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saw these in elverys for €50. Was thinking of getting them at a pretty good price for when the lunarglides run out. Was wondering how they compare to the 'glides ?
    Ta muchly

Meno got a pair recently, think he was quite positive about them but I'll leave him to post his thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Meno got a pair recently, think he was quite positive about them but I'll leave him to post his thoughts.

Yeah I much prefer them to the Lunarglide3s as a replacement to the Lunarglide 2s.
    The 3s just seem to be a totally different type of shoe and these are more like the old lunarglides. The Flys are significantly lighter than the glides too which is a positive in my book.

how is the sizing on these compared to lunarglides - same size recommended?

and what elverys has them for €50?

glasso wrote: »
    how is the sizing on these compared to lunarglides - same size recommended?

They're both Nike lunary thing, same sizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭PaulieC

and what elverys has them for €50?

I saw them in the one downstairs in Arnotts

only bad thing that I read about lunarfly online is that they are not as durable as lunarglides. might give them a go - especially if they can be had for €50.

rang elverys dundrum. 63 euro - black / yellow. reserved a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭PaulieC

none left (in my size) in Arnotts. That will teach me to procrastinate !

none left (in my size) in Arnotts. That will teach me to procrastinate !

had size 9 in suffolk street and dundrum. (only size I asked for)

• Advertisement

picked them up this evening. didn't run in them yet but they are 60 to 70g lighter than lunarglide 2 for same size (9). don't feel as cushioned as lunarglides tho. that might be a good thing as lunarglides felt too cushioned at times.

picked them up this evening. didn't run in them yet but they are 60 to 70g lighter than lunarglide 2 for same size (9). don't feel as cushioned as lunarglides tho. that might be a good thing as lunarglides felt too cushioned at times.

went for a 5 mile run in them this eve. a lot different to the glide - don't feel as cushioned and are a bit hard in comparison. will probably get used to them but not what I was expecting. didn't feel as light as I thought they would either.

these don't really suit me - arches in them are too high and digging into my feet and hurting them. much higher than lunarglide +2. will try to return if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

these don't really suit me - arches in them are too high and digging into my feet and hurting them. much higher than lunarglide +2. will try to return if I can.
    @Glasso.You seem to be a fan of Nikes? Im in the LG3's at the mo and was thinking about Lunar racers.Any thoughts,opinions on these? Cheers in advance

@Glasso.You seem to be a fan of Nikes? Im in the LG3's at the mo and was thinking about Lunar racers.Any thoughts,opinions on these? Cheers in advance

have never used lunar-racers but many here seem to like them. altho some have problems over 20km mark.

I have Saucony Kinvara - also very light. probably better for longer distances than lunar-racers. Saucony also make fast-twitch which is very similar but with a bit of stability (still fine for neutral runners).

Brooks ST5 seem to be good also - tiny bit heavier but still light -> - I might try them soon - also have some stability but fine for neutral runners.

I'm surprised by that. I have that problem with the Lunarglide 3s but I am loving my Lunarfly +2s

@ Johnnycrash I have the lunar Racers. Excellent shoe, very light but plenty of cushion. For most they will be a short distance/racing shoe but I saw at least 2 people wearing them at a 50k forest trail race on Saturday, so it just depends on the person.

I have used mine for LSR's 15 miles + and Half Marathon races no rpoblems.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm surprised by that. I have that problem with the Lunarglide 3s but I am loving my Lunarfly +2s

@ Johnnycrash I have the lunar Racers. Excellent shoe, very light but plenty of cushion. For most they will be a short distance/racing shoe but I saw at least 2 people wearing them at a 50k forest trail race on Saturday, so it just depends on the person.

I have used mine for LSR's 15 miles + and Half Marathon races no rpoblems.
    Cheers for that. How do they compare fit wise in comparison with the Glide 3's?

Cheers for that. How do they compare fit wise in comparison with the Glide 3's?

I normally wear 8s and they are certainly a bit snugger than the glides, but since they are supposed to be racing shoes that is normal.
    Since I am intending to use my latest pair for training as well as racing I got them half a size bigger than normal.

I think that it's more down to the foam being harder than the lunarglides. If I squash the bit on the side in the middle where it's hitting my arch on the lunarfly2 it's pretty firm whereas on the glide2 it compresses more easily. maybe they will break in - I've only done 20 miles or so on them. my left foot really hurts after tho - (left foot has a flatter arch than my right foot).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I was one of those - the shoes were perfect.

I have used lunar racers for everything between 5k and 50 miles and every time I consider wearing something else for a race I give the lunar racers a go in training and immediately come back to them.

In training I have recently used Kinvaras, Lunar swift and Adidas Ace 3M shoes. They are all good, light weight shoes.

• Advertisement

I think that it's more down to the foam being harder than the lunarglides. If I squash the bit on the side in the middle where it's hitting my arch on the lunarfly2 it's pretty firm whereas on the glide2 it compresses more easily. maybe they will break in - I've only done 20 miles or so on them. my left foot really hurts after tho - (left foot has a flatter arch than my right foot).

after another couple of runs it looks like they have broken in a bit more and don't really hurt my arch that much anymore. still find the sole a bit hard for me tho. will fit them into my running rotation but don't think that I'd buy them again. the upper is not that great either as it lets your feet move around a lot - very old tech. need to have the laces pretty tight for the shoe to work.

Advertisement