Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planning A 2 Week Holiday, A Few Questions To Ask

• 15-06-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

Im currently signing on, im hoping to head away on a holiday for 2 weeks, im planning on going the day after my signing on date.
    Should i let my local office know im going?
    Would a family member be able to collect my claim in the Post Office for me when i gone? (Is this allowed?)
    The woman in the Post Office knows me and my family well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Depending on what benefit you are receiveing, they normally require you to be available for work. Being off on holiday means you aren't available for work, but some allowances are made to allow people take holidays and to attend to personal matters.

You must tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im on Jobseekers Benefit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You may receive Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance for two weeks holidays (i.e. 12 days excluding Sundays) in any calendar year. These holidays may be taken abroad.
    If you intend going on holidays abroad, you should inform the Local Office two weeks in advance of your departure and complete form UP 30. All holiday payments will be made retrospectively when you return. If you go on holiday for longer than two weeks, you may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but will not receive payment for any period abroad in excess of this.
    The qualified adult of a person in receipt of Jobseeker's Benefit may take up to two weeks' foreign holiday. A disqualification in respect of the increase for a qualified adult will be imposed in respect of any period in excess of 2 weeks. It is not necessary to complete a UP30 in respect of a qualified adult

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx#q22

So there no problem with taking holidays then? (as long as it no longer than 2 weeks)
    Thanks for the info everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

STIG83 wrote: »
    So there no problem with taking holidays then? (as long as it no longer than 2 weeks)
    Thanks for the info everyone.

And that you tell them before you go by filling in the correct form two weeks before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

if you dont tell them you will lose your money for the 2 weeks you are away, no one else can collect your money from the post office and they have to return it within 3 days if its not collected.
    my partner was in hospital for a week and a half last year and i had to collect him from the hospital and drive him to the post office to collect his dole as they wouldnt let me collect it.

coolabula wrote: »
    if you dont tell them you will lose your money for the 2 weeks you are away, no one else can collect your money from the post office and they have to return it within 3 days if its not collected.
    my partner was in hospital for a week and a half last year and i had to collect him from the hospital and drive him to the post office to collect his dole as they wouldnt let me collect it.
    Thats bad that you had to bring him from the hospital to the post office!! You would think an exception would be made in circumstances like that?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

coolabula wrote: »

For future reference http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/payments/Pages/AppointmentofAgents.aspx

As STIG83 is off on hols i'll close this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement