Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Dublin

• 13-12-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all

How much is a one-way bus ticket from Limerick to Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

i think it is 18 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

its 10.80 one way and 18 euro day return

ah i see.

incidentily you can go day return to dublin from limerick by train foir €25 if your willing to get up in the middle of the night to get the 0550 train in the morning.

well i got a day return child ticket on saturday to dublin

i was like ''can i have one child day return ticket to dublin please''
    woman: ''your not under 16......
    me: "yes i am!"
    woman:" whats your date of birth?!"
    me: " 15-2-89 no wait i mean 91!"
    woman: "go on ill let ya off"
    me: "aaah cheers!"

when i lie about my age its usually to make my self older! i got confused lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

that with buseireann? just out of interest, does anyone else do the route?

• Advertisement

yes that is with bus eireann

i do use that route quite often.

did it once or twice. would prefer if they didnt fart around borris half way there though.

anyone know do u need the cie student discount card to get the discount fares or can u use any student card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

You can use any student card. They don't even ask most of the time. It's €15 return aswell, and the ticket is valid for a month. Beats paying €50 for the train :eek:

well i suppose its good for some stopping in borris n ossory but then on the other hand theres times when you just want to get to the place your going asap

• Advertisement

Dave wrote:
    You can use any student card....

that the same deal if u take the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

No, you need the Student TravelCard for the train. It's a conspiracy. But the savings you make are pretty impressive. I practically save the price of the card in bus fares around dublin on a weekly basis, never mind getting the ticket to Limerick Junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

They accept a small number of college/uni cards as well (There's a small A4 page with the list on the window in the bus station:))
    The TravelCard is well worth the money! *Especially*, if you ever use the trains..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Never taking the journey from hell that is the bus to dublin anyone ever do it on friday and then try around christmas. CAme down from Dublin on the train yesterday it was grand and not nearly as tiring as the bus journey. Although 48 sobs is a little extortionate when you can fly to London or paris for less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Foxyfran

word of warning, never get the bus from cork to limerick, jeez you gauanteed at least two break downs..:D

thats cleared it up, thanks everyone for all the help

Foxyfran wrote:
    word of warning, never get the bus from cork to limerick, jeez you gauanteed at least two break downs..:D

No word of a lie. was going from cork to limerick on the bus. was bringing my nephew down to the guide dog place to see his mum when she was training down there.

I had never gotten that bus before but he had, so the bus driver was depending on a 10 year old for directions to the railway station in Limerick.

Advertisement