Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parties

• 30-04-2012 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Am I alone in thinking these are the greatest pain in the bollox and a total inconvenience.

I don't want to go to them anymore but yet I feel I am obliged to, I think most of the guests feel the same, but everyone smiles and thanks the hosts for the invite, then say I have to go see yah.

Or am I just sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You should go to one of my sexy parties. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I wanna stay at home, in the nip, with me Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What kind of parties dont you like? Ann Summers? House? 21st?

Once they just involve drinking they are fine by me, any excuse to go on the p*ss. If you have to go for dinner and stuff though its not so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

They can be great fun or complete craic vacuums – depends where you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kasumi? Fap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The only parties I really know of are kids birthday parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

HEAVEN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

44leto wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking these are the greatest pain in the bollox and a total inconvenience.

I don't want to go to them anymore but yet I feel I am obliged to, I think most of the guests feel the same, but everyone smiles and thanks the hosts for the invite, then say I have to go see yah.

Or am I just sad.

Sounds like someone always ends up picking the wrong car key out of the basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

There's a party in my pants and everyone is invited.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You're doing it wrong OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Or am I just sad.

Short version ...your getting old. :p

(Yea, I know what you mean really, sometimes) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Just get so drunk before you go you wont remember a single thing that happened. -Problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

as a rule

"Parties" typically suck cos they have been planned and they never end going to plan

"Sessions" typically are inpromtu spur of the moment gatherings and tend to be way more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

as long as there are loads of drugs im happy.
    I went to a party once and their was a poetry reading, so i promptly vomited in a shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Kiera wrote: »
    What kind of parties dont you like? Ann Summers? House? 21st?

All of them, weddings christenings, birthdays, barbecues etc etc etc etc etc. I just got an invite to one, now I have to arrange a shift swap, buy a pressie, work out my party escape plan, hope some individuals are not there.

I suppose at my age i have been at them all and they are all the same. I was never at an Ann Summers one, but I imagine her gear would be uncomfortable on me.

as long as there are loads of drugs im happy.
    I went to a party once and their was a poetry reading...

Seriously? :pac:

I'd be out of there like a shot!
    Each to their own - but I'd be out of there faster than Bill Clinton discovering his intern had the clap!

Biggins wrote: »
    Short version ...your getting old. :p

(Yea, I know what you mean really, sometimes) :D

Yep I think that is part of it and when I go out I want the night on my terms and not anyone elses.

Yep I think that is part of it and when I go out I want the night on my terms and not anyone elses.

Aaa... grasshopper, you are learning the ways of a sensible life my son. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Session - spur the moment always great crack

21st parties - way over rated and getting extremely boring, same shi*t different persons 21st yawwwwn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Agreed, I'd take a session any day of the week.

Closer nit of friends and you can have a laugh. Pissed up jam sessions every Friday night for me.

How old are you, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

How old are you, OP?

Cougar Alert!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Hate parties centred on kids. Parties with adults and alcohol are good, but an impromptu session wins hands down. The unplanned ones are usually the ones that keep going until 4 or 5 in the morning and you don't have the hassle of 'getting ready'.

How old are you, OP?

44 physically but mentally trapped somewhere in my adolescence.

How old are you, OP?

44 physically but mentally trapped somewhere in my adolescence.
    Ah so you're suffering from old age it seems :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Hate parties centred on kids. Parties with adults and alcohol are good, but an impromptu session wins hands down. The unplanned ones are usually the ones that keep going until 4 or 5 in the morning and you don't have the hassle of 'getting ready'.

The last kids party I went to (my mates childs 1st birthday) ended up going till 5 the next morning and we consumed about 18 boxes of bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If someone produces an acoustic guitar and forces you to be quiet then the law states that you are legally allowed vomit in the bin and steal all the booze before leaving the party with the words, "F*ck this noise. I'm going home to watch old Cheers reruns."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

RichieC wrote: »
    The last kids party I went to (my mates childs 1st birthday) ended up going till 5 the next morning and we consumed about 18 boxes of bottles.

Ok, but there was at least one child present. Like I said, I hate parties with kids!

Advertisement