Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

BTW, anyone watching Ireland's worst roads on tv3?

My dad was on that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

BTW, anyone watching Ireland's worst roads on tv3?

Did they dedicate an entire day to that show or what? I don't think they could do an adequate job otherwise...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thats what I got off google. Its all japanise to me. :o

I was wondering how we got a technical reply from you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Thats what I got off google. Its all japanise to me. :o

Did that too but no one has a generic "I was driving along and... I think it was caused by.... In by doing this..."

It's all from simple earthing issues all the way to bands in the gearbox coming apart, hard to know what to listen to, different cars different situations! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Hey again lads!!! Which ever mod took ban off - thank you!

Anyway, motor related: my skyline went in donedeal tonight and fella is coming to have a look at it tommorow. I have mixed feeling, sort of happy and sad at the same time :(
    I understand your pain:(

Would ye not tell the wives to feck off?

It's hard to sell a performance car when it's being replaced with something 'normal'

Well my SO didn't want to sell either of ours, either. But there's no fuggin way I was paying the cartax they wanted (1400). Thieving B'stards.

No, a spell in a plain Jane is cleansing, sometimes.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ireland's most dangerous roads....

Fecking TV3. Rakes of adverts even on the web...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

galwaytt wrote: »
    Well my SO didn't want to sell either of ours, either. But there's no fuggin way I was paying the cartax they wanted (1400). Thieving B'stards.

No, a spell in a plain Jane is cleansing, sometimes.

Not sure I could go back to a plain car now :-/

Off out for a good long spin now, its been awhile :)

BX 19 wrote: »
    Ireland's most dangerous roads....

Fecking TV3. Rakes of adverts even on the web...

Look out for a funny looking buck, called gerald mullaney. He will be talking about the N4.
    Thats my dad. :o. But his name is gerard, they spelt his name wrong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

conzymaher wrote: »
    That Maserati Club meet stopped in Kilkenny over the weekend

There's a thread dedicated to it in Classic Cars. Would you mind adding your pics there too?

It was the Maserati UK Club celebrating their 40th anniversary. The cars were on display in Wexford. Would have loved to see them!
    I've an overwhelming urge to get a Quattroporte as my next car.

Go on, go for it! A 7-series is a car for a boss, a Quattroporte is a car for a king :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Tomorrow was going to my chance to finish cleaning my car, now it looks like it'll be pissing rain.
    I might just get the rain gear out at this stage...

I've also got to respray the wiper arms, I might just do that instead. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Got a parking ticket today, hands up, deserved it, I never put money in the machine for 5 minutes or less, got caught out today.

Got it at 15.36, went straight in at 15.55 to pay it, it hadn't even shown up on the system yet, your wan thought it was quite funny. Thought i'd get off, no such luck. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Got a parking ticket today, hands up, deserved it, I never put money in the machine for 5 minutes or less, got caught out today.

Got it at 15.36, went straight in at 15.55 to pay it, it hadn't even shown up on the system yet, your wan thought it was quite funny. Thought i'd get off, no such luck. :(

It was probably the ridiculously clean 7-Series that caught their attention...:p

CianRyan wrote: »
    Tomorrow was going to my chance to finish cleaning my car, now it looks like it'll be pissing rain.
    I might just get the rain gear out at this stage...

I've also got to respray the wiper arms, I might just do that instead. :rolleyes:

Wednesday onwards is supposed to be good weather-wise, at least I hope so because I want to get correcting again :)

Wednesday onwards is supposed to be good weather-wise, at least I hope so because I want to get correcting again :)

I might have to get in on this correcting business, my girlfriend told me today that her brother use to wash the car with a sponge every other week and she never saw him put a hose near it.
    Might be a lost cause but I'm going to try get it to sparkle! :o

I might have to get in on this correcting business, my girlfriend told me today that her brother use to wash the car with a sponge every other week and she never saw him put a hose near it.
    Might be a lost cause but I'm going to try get it to sparkle! :o

Well it's your car now so you should look after it ;) What colour is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

For all you car cleaning freaks:P

Red paintwork that is severely faded and gone pink.....and covered in dried bird sh1te......recommendations?

For all you car cleaning freaks:P

Red paintwork that is severely faded and gone pink.....and covered in dried bird sh1te......recommendations?

A good D/A will bring it right back up. I haven't used any of those paint restoration or "colour back" products so I can't comment on them.

With regard to the bird crap, tar remover followed by APC will get rid of it. Be aware though, since the paintis faded it obviously has no protective layer of wax on it, the sh!te will leave a mark and since it's dried, more than likely etching from the alkaline.

Autoglym super resin polish turned a pinkish prelude I bought redagain, a wax on top is required and it won't last too many months either, cheap and easy though.

A good D/A will bring it right back up. I haven't used any of those paint restoration or "colour back" products so I can't comment on them.

With regard to the bird crap, tar remover followed by APC will get rid of it. Be aware though, since the paintis faded it obviously has no protective layer of wax on it, the sh!te will leave a mark and since it's dried, more than likely etching from the alkaline.

Yeah the faded side of the car(other side is fine) is gone completely matt so I recon its gonna need a lot of work...if its salvageable at all as when I say pink...its actually gone almost white in places.

Thats the side that has most of the sh1te too.:eek:

Well it's your car now so you should look after it ;) What colour is it?

Cian car is a silver almera.

• Advertisement

Yeah the faded side of the car(other side is fine) is gone completely matt so I recon its gonna need a lot of work...if its salvageable at all:(

Thats the side that has most of the sh1te too.:eek:

Could you "post a picture of your faded car here"? :pac: Id say it's either an Alfa or a Nissan Almera/Primera?

Cian - since it's silver you won't notice that much difference when it's corrected. With a black/red/dark coloured car it's very noticable because the swirl marks make the paint cloudy and whiteish.

With that said, corrected paintwork is a LOT easier to wash, dry, apply wax to, buff it off etc.

Could you "post a picture of your faded car here"? :pac: Id say it's either an Alfa or a Nissan Almera/Primera?

A lot closer with the Alfa guess..... :)

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

A lot closer with the Alfa guess.....

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

A red Alfa? :pac:

147 or 156?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Red opels/vauxhauls were prone to fading too. There is a 04, I think, around there that some panels have turned pink on.. looks horrid.

If you dont have access to a DA, autoglym paint renavator should bring it back up fairly good by hand

A red Alfa? :pac:

147 or 156?

:P Nah, Its one of these bad boys....

fiat-cinquecento-1993-17809-c2.jpg

Inbetweeners style.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Your car for the next meet:D

Cian - since it's silver you won't notice that much difference when it's corrected. With a black/red/dark coloured car it's very noticable because the swirl marks make the paint cloudy and whiteish.

With that said, corrected paintwork is a LOT easier to wash, dry, apply wax to, buff it off etc.

Well put it this way, bar a few dents I want the body work to look like it came out of the factory.
    There's dreaming, with my will power anyway. :p

Well put it this way, bar a few dents I want the body work to look like it came out of the factory.
    There's dreaming, with my will power anyway. :p

If that's what you want, the best thing you can do is correct the paint. It makes a HUGE difference.

• Advertisement

Your car for the next meet:D

Could be;)

More likely the second car in my huge personal collection of cars*

*subject to winning the Euromillions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement