Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

• 10-11-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Meteor are doing the above deal for €15 a month, it was (and still is in store) €30. It's a really good deal for smartphone users. I'm moving from the Golden SIM offer to this :)

Third one down. http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/#compare-all

It's the one that says €20, but when you add it to checkout, it's only €15.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Daniel S wrote: »
    Meteor are doing the above deal for €15 a month, it was (and still is in store) €30. It's a really good deal for smartphone users. I'm moving from the Golden SIM offer to this :)

Third one down. http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/#compare-all

It's the one that says €20, but when you add it to checkout, it's only €15.

Thats a serious deal cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

bryaner wrote: »
    Thats a serious deal cheers
    Should cover most smartphone users anyway for just €15. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

That 15 euro one doesn't include 1GB data. It's listed as an add on as far as i can see. 4.99 for 250MB a month.

That 15 euro one doesn't include 1GB data. It's listed as an add on as far as i can see. 4.99 for 250MB a month.
    Read the OP again, it's the €20 one with the 1gb data. When you click continue it gives you a discounted price of €15. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ugh, I guess I have to change my number AGAIN! :D

• Advertisement

Ugh, I guess I have to change my number AGAIN! :D
    Nah, you can port it over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

I think its this deal he means

https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan

Damie wrote: »
    I think its this deal he means

https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan
    Yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Read the OP again, it's the €20 one with the 1gb data. When you click continue it gives you a discounted price of €15. ;)

It's the 25e one. The 20 one listed was for picking a phone. Bastards. I only signed up 2 days ago for the same offer and i'm paying 20. Think i'll be giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Dante

With 1 month contracts, can you just keep renewing it each month at the same price or can Meteor pull a shly one and increase the price or reduce the benefits after a couple of months?

• Advertisement

Nah, you can port it over :)

I'm already with meteor on this pack but with the 250mb allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

With 1 month contracts, can you just keep renewing it each month at the same price or can Meteor pull a shly one and increase the price or reduce the benefits after a couple of months?
    ^^
    This

edit: its says on the link that the discount is applied for a whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Dante

TheChevron wrote: »
    ^^
    This

edit: its says on the link that the discount is applied for a whole year.

Hmm its temping I'll admit. I've never been on billpay before so I'm quite weary of Meteor shafting me somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Hmm its temping I'll admit. I've never been on billpay before so I'm quite weary of Meteor shafting me somehow.
    i switched from o2 billpay to meteor billpay specifically because i was fed up of o2 repeatedly shafting me and have been happy so far (it'll be a year in january).

the only caveats so far have been that i needed to pay 2 or 3 bills before they'd enable roaming and international calling without a big deposit, but i doubt its only them who do that.

i get loads more minutes, texts and data than i did with o2 and my bills are lower too, so there's very little not to like imho. :)

i have another 7 months on my smartphone contact with my desireHD and my wifes desire, but 15 quid a month would just about do us both at our current usage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you're not on billpay don't swap for this offer. You can get MUCH better value on pre-pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

Simona1986 wrote: »
    If you're not on billpay don't swap for this offer. You can get MUCH better value on pre-pay.

Can you show me where except for the three deal for €20

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Can you show me where except for the three deal for €20

Depending on what your usage is it varies. Try this site for your own personal usage:http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Depending on what your usage is it varies. Try this site for your own personal usage:http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

There are currently no prepay offers in the Irish marketplace where you can get 500-1GB of data with 200 minutes for €20 or less.

The closest I could get is Tesco Mobile prepay. Top up by €20, get €40, pay €7 for internet, and have 165 minutes. That doesn't include SMS messages.

breathn wrote: »
    There are currently no prepay offers in the Irish marketplace where you can get 500-1GB of data with 200 minutes for €20 or less.

I have 3,000 minutes (weekend only), 3,000 texts and unlimited data for €20 a month with three.
    Also free 3 to 3 calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

You'll have to link that deal because I can't see anywhere that mentions 3000mins + texts and data

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

I have 3,000 minutes, 3,000 texts and unlimited data for €20 a month with three.
    Also free any network calls from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday and free 3 to 3 calls.

thats a bit hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

They are the limits, its advertised as unlimited from three for €20

http://shop.three.ie/terms/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/ There's the terms and conditions. My first post isn't clear, the 3,000 any network minutes are weekend only (Friday midnight to Sunday midnight) and there's a 15GB cap on data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm already on that plan. Might have to give them a ring to see if they'll switch me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Went through the process twice & got this twice...
    This web page has a redirect loop
    The web page at https://onlinestore.meteor.ie/bpay/_order.asp has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this web page later.
    Learn more about this problem.
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fie

My friend

I have 3,000 minutes (weekend only), 3,000 texts and unlimited data for €20 a month with three.
    Also free 3 to 3 calls.
    Like you said it depends on your usage, and my usage dictates that this is not better value than the Meteor pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Package wrote: »
    thats a bit hard to believe

Have the same deal myself. €20 gives you all that for free then you have €20 credit for making calls during the week. Never end up using all the credit, bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

leggit wrote: »
    Have the same deal myself. €20 gives you all that for free then you have €20 credit for making calls during the week. Never end up using all the credit, bargain!

It does sound like a great deal but isn't 3's coverage meant to be dreadful? I am forever hearing about problems people have with connecting to the internet, even in parts of Dublin. Also heard the customer service is awful. If it wasn't for loads of people complaining about 3 I would defiantly be on that deal.

This Meteror deal sounds very good too, but I've never been on Bill before. I don't use that many minutes per month - a lot of text and data though. At the moment i'm on Vodafone's PAYG deal of €30 per month for unlimited any network texts and free internet (not sure what the limit is, think it's only 250MB) - so I have the 30 quid to spend on calls and a lot of the time I get two months out of it. Still though I'm getting the Iphone 4S soon so I'll be using a lot more data which is why I am looking to switch networks to a better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I see that Three deal; I know a few people on it, and up until I seen this deal I was destined to get it.

I now think that the Meteor deal is better. If you are using under 200 mins + Texts a month and are using under 1gb of data, then €15 is better than €20. Simple maths. 15 is lower than 20.
    If however you are using more that the above Calls Texts and Data, maybe the Three offer is better.

For me, the Meteor offer looks the business, and its only a 1 month contract so I'm going to give it a shot, for a month at least.

Advertisement