Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hee hee hee!!
    <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 years of waffling will get your username in BOLD

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you're excited about your name in bold, just wait until you get to do your first *mod* post :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Whispered wrote: »
    F***ing cat :mad::mad::mad: He is so ridiculously demanding and I literally don't get a break. I open the car door and I can see him jumping into the window sill and starting to wail. He wants to go out, wants food, but not that food, wants to sit on the couch, wants to sit on my knee, wants me to not move while he's sitting on my knee, wants to get on the counters, cries when he's put off. He's healthy and gets attention. I've started to feed him out of a kong, and it's the only time I get more than a half an hour without him demanding something else.

I know I should just ignore it, but it's bloody hard. It literally makes my teeth hurt it's so annoying.

I've just locked him into the bathroom with his bed and food and water. I can't hear him there and I need a break. :mad:

I feel your pain, no cats but my 2 dogs occasionally drive me nuts like that. Its only me they do it to as well. Some days I cant even go to the loo in peace:(

Ive no advice sorry, mine usually get put out, the collie, or put to bed, the jrt.

As much as I love em, god can they be annoying at times!

My mom rings me every evening while I'm away on placement, but she spends more time talking to the cats and insists on putting the phone up to their ears because they miss me. I thought I was the crazy cat lady of the family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you're excited about your name in bold, just wait until you get to do your first *mod* post :P

LIKE THIS!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Horrible morning! I got drenched on my morning walk with Frodo before going to work. I then had to sit on a bus all damp. As I was leaving he was cosy in his bed with a bone. It really is a dogs life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah crap to have the rain back! :( we were both suited up in our rain gear so stayed dry enough.
    Our new car harness has just arrived in work - cant wait to try it on Bailey when I get home. This fancy new Bergan one is made a LOT better than the clix one we've been using for the last 3 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I feel your pain, no cats but my 2 dogs occasionally drive me nuts like that. Its only me they do it to as well. Some days I cant even go to the loo in peace:(

Ive no advice sorry, mine usually get put out, the collie, or put to bed, the jrt.

As much as I love em, god can they be annoying at times!

I'm not sure about dogs but with cats it could be down to seperation anxiety. You could try a feliway diffuser, leaving the radio on low or a single drop of bach rescue remedy rubbed gently on the skin just inside the tip of the ear, not in the ear drum. You could try the rescue remedy once or twice a day.Any of those might just calm and relax the cat a little.

I'm not sure about dogs but with cats it could be down to seperation anxiety. You could try a feliway diffuser, leaving the radio on low or a single drop of bach rescue remedy rubbed gently on the skin just inside the tip of the ear, not in the ear drum. You could try the rescue remedy once or twice a day.Any of those might just calm and relax the cat a little.

Dogs can suffer from it too. Great call on the rescue remedy it works for dogs as well or even a DAP plug in can be a great help. If it is really bad investing in a thundercoat could be a god send

Customs prohibited the Zuke treats that I ordered online :( :mad: some of which can be bought here! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the zooplus.co.uk site takes to deliver? Thanks.

Andrea just to let you know mine arrived today by GLS, so 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

What a flippin day!! Found a poor bedraggled collie wandering round the Lidl car park, of course everyone else ignored her, I called her over and she was friendly, so thin and scruffy I couldn't just leave her, she was either dumped or belonged to the wrong kind of people, so I popped her in the car and spent the next hour and a half driving round and phoning, went into the guards, phoned the dog warden, went into 2 of the local vets, noone was interested (in fairness to the warden he was the other side of the county and can pick her up tomorrow) I ended up driving to the next town where the vet nurse was so kind and checked her for a chip and led her off saying 'we'll get you a nice warm bed and some nice food' (after previous 2 vets had said 'no we don't take in strays') that I burst into tears. The poor thing was so quiet in the car (and sick but no matter to me, back seats are well covered) my heart was breaking for her, vet nurse reckoned she had had a litter in the past.

Anyways, I have got her a place in a shelter so hopefully she'll get a nice loving home.

Honestly I do not know how rescues do that every day, one dog and I'm an emotional wreck.

Its happening more and more these days unfortunately, I think the numbers of abandoned animals must be at an all time high at this stage. At least she's safe now, well done.

kaza2710 wrote: »
    Dogs can suffer from it too. Great call on the rescue remedy it works for dogs as well or even a DAP plug in can be a great help. If it is really bad investing in a thundercoat could be a god send

You can get the thundercoats for cats now, I'd be shredded if I tried to get one on either of my 2 though:D

For owners of RB's who need to be muzzled in public, but you don't want people put off by the fact they are wearing a muzzle, why not turn your dog into a duck?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/06/japanese-quack-muzzles-dogs-pictures_n_2629924.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola is lying beside me asleep but farting something serious!! Rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I made minestrone soup yesterday before I went out and added a bit too much pasta, so it turned into a very delicious vegetable pasta type thing. I stuck a huge bowl in the fridge for K, and off I went.

I got home last night and asked if he ate it. "No, I didn't know if it was for me or the dogs". :o No point in me staying insulted for too long, the dogs had a chicken thigh and some of the pasta for breakfast.

Thanks to everyone who sympathised with me about my noisy kitty. We've started a regime - He is fed in the bathroom with his bed and water, toys etc in there. This seems to be slowing down his eating time a bit. If he's crying I can't hear him and when I go to let him out a half hour later he tends to be sitting on the window sill attacking cotton buds or a plant. If I need to put him out of the room (like if he's trying to involve himself in what the dogs are doing, or walking on the counters while I cook) he isn't just put into the hall, it's back to the bathroom where I can't hear him. If he is demanding everything NOW I carry him up and put him into the bathroom for 2 mins then let him out.

So he seems to be learning that the only reaction to his crying is to be locked away, I'm much less stressed with him because I don't feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall so we're enjoying each other more.

The only thing I need to sort now is the late night crying, just after we go to bed. He wants to sleep on the bed. Up until recently he never bothered even trying while K was in the house because it never happens, I might have to stop allowing him when I'm there on my own. How can a cat un-learn something!! Maybe he's just chancing his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

I made minestrone soup yesterday before I went out and added a bit too much pasta, so it turned into a very delicious vegetable pasta type thing. I stuck a huge bowl in the fridge for K, and off I went.

I got home last night and asked if he ate it. "No, I didn't know if it was for me or the dogs". :o No point in me staying insulted for too long, the dogs had a chicken thigh and some of the pasta for breakfast.

Thanks to everyone who sympathised with me about my noisy kitty. We've started a regime - He is fed in the bathroom with his bed and water, toys etc in there. This seems to be slowing down his eating time a bit. If he's crying I can't hear him and when I go to let him out a half hour later he tends to be sitting on the window sill attacking cotton buds or a plant. If I need to put him out of the room (like if he's trying to involve himself in what the dogs are doing, or walking on the counters while I cook) he isn't just put into the hall, it's back to the bathroom where I can't hear him. If he is demanding everything NOW I carry him up and put him into the bathroom for 2 mins then let him out.

So he seems to be learning that the only reaction to his crying is to be locked away, I'm much less stressed with him because I don't feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall so we're enjoying each other more.

The only thing I need to sort now is the late night crying, just after we go to bed. He wants to sleep on the bed. Up until recently he never bothered even trying while K was in the house because it never happens, I might have to stop allowing him when I'm there on my own. How can a cat un-learn something!! Maybe he's just chancing his arm.

:D ever thought of getting him a playmate..? sounds like his nighly whining could be loneliness...another cat usually cures that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

doubter wrote: »
    :D ever thought of getting him a playmate..? sounds like his nighly whining could be loneliness...another cat usually cures that.

Haha absolutely no way!

He had a playmate, who he was very mean to. She is now living with someone else, she was miserable with us because of him. He's a fecker.

The night time whining is down to him trying to get into the bedroom. If my husband isn't home and I let him in on the bed he will sleep for a few hours then cry to get back out to his own bed. I'd have to sleep with the bedroom open - and I can't do that because the idea of being able to see out onto the stairs from my bed freaks me out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

Haha absolutely no way!

He had a playmate, who he was very mean to. She is now living with someone else, she was miserable with us because of him. He's a fecker.

The night time whining is down to him trying to get into the bedroom. If my husband isn't home and I let him in on the bed he will sleep for a few hours then cry to get back out to his own bed. I'd have to sleep with the bedroom open - and I can't do that because the idea of being able to see out onto the stairs from my bed freaks me out :o
    >grin< i have that with my mad cats. (Siamese) I have a little hook installed on my door that keeps it just open enough to let he cats in and out..works perfect..until one of them decides at night they want to sleep on my head...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have a furry nightcap here too, why do they like to sleep on your head?I don't mind Toby who creeps in and sleeps on the bottom corner of the bed, but Jake has to try to sleep on someone's head (we kick him out of he room for it and he bawls and throws himself at the door) and now Mouse has started trying to get in the bed!
    Not as you would think, for warmth and cuddles, but to crawl down the bed and play with your toes!

1 of my cats will sit purring on my head while 'washing' my hair occasionally during the night. The other is usually good and will happily curl up at my feet in bed, although thats a ploy until he decides to sprawl widthways between my ankles, he'd be nice and comfy while I'd wake up with back ache:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

8 mile run (jog;)) in the woods this afternoon. I'm wrecked but I think Mop would easily do it all over again. The dirty looks I got if I dared slow to a walk ! She has a great athletic career ahead of her... I think I'm holding her back :(:D

Oh well done!! They're doing desk to 5k in work - was tempted to join but was worried about my legs crapping out and more importantly sitting at my desk like a beetroot after lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

tk123 wrote: »
    Oh well done!! They're doing desk to 5k in work - was tempted to join but was worried about my legs crapping out and more importantly sitting at my desk like a beetroot after lol! :D

desk to 5k sounds good but sitting at a desk in an office after running :eek: Not a chance! Running in the woods is great as there's rarely anyone else around to see the state of me :pac:

Oh god kill me now, I've the hangover from hell and cream has rediscovered his voice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So far spent 4 hrs of Mother's Day playing Lego lord of the rings on the Wii! (Sad but having way to much fun!)
    Got tea and toast made for me and she's making a roast too, I like having a teenager today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Jesus it's freeezzzing. I have lots of walks to do, and I'm dreading it. I think I'll wear my full ski gear.:D.

We've just had about an hour of light snow, my moggies are over excited now as they don't know what it is. So excitable mog wogs galloping around the house.

• Advertisement

Brought Frodo out for him morning walk this morning at 7. He has never seen snow before. My sides are actually sore from laughing at him going buck mad in it. We have quite a lot out our way. Raging I didnt have my phone to grab a video of him. Face stuck down in it flicking it up in the air and a full on santa white beard on him!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement