Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

pwd wrote: »
    Prof Robert Winston

Really? I suppose he'd tend to have his 'grumpy bastard' moments alright. Where did you meet him? Was he just p!ssed off that you had only approached him?

Derek Mooney. I waited on his table when I worked in a restaurant in Cobh a few years ago. He was really up his own arse. By strange contrast Mary McAleese - who does a far more important job than that sod above - came in once and she was a really lovely, unpretentious, down-to-earth person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Brooke Shields...ass.
    The drummer from Ash - we squared up to each other at Feile '94.

Gary Oldman is a gentleman, as is Tommy Burns (ex-Celtic manager).

Met Ray D'arcy years ago, seemed like a really nice fellow.

Marti Pellow (who he?) up his own poop hole.

Marti Pellow was the frontman of Wet Wet Wet. Funny, I've heard he's a sound bloke.

markesmith wrote: »
    Brooke Shields...ass.
    The drummer from Ash - we squared up to each other at Feile '94.

Gary Oldman is a gentleman, as is Tommy Burns (ex-Celtic manager).

Even yer man Boy George (who seems to have met everyone, even including Andy Warhol, ffs), said that Brooke Shields was a snooty cow. A bit false like.

Gary Oldman has always seemed dead sound. I nearly fell off my chair with shock a while back when some girl told me that the woman who plays 'Big Mo' (Laila Morse) in Eastenders is GARY'S SISTER. :eek:

Never heard a bad word said about Ray D'Arcy's personality. Ever.

• Advertisement

gary_oldman_image__1_.jpg200px-Big_MO2.jpg

S'pose there's a likeness alright :)

And like her drop dead cool bro, Laila Morse is said to be a very nice lady. Polar opposite to her Eastenders character,from what Ive seen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Derek Mooney. I waited on his table when I worked in a restaurant in Cobh a few years ago. He was really up his own arse. By strange contrast Mary McAleese - who does a far more important job than that sod above - came in once and she was a really lovely, unpretentious, down-to-earth person.
    Derek Mooney is some idiot on winning streak or whatever it's called, he mocks the contestants no end. The way he jumps in front of old women to make it look like they just pinched his arse. There was an older woman in my local town a few years ago called The Iorn Horse she had a habit of grabbing men by the balls, now wouldn't it be interesting if she was on winning streak and when Mooney would pull his silly stunt on her she would quickly grab him by the balls and bring water to his eyes and give him a real excuse to jump.

I met Eddie Hobbs a few years ago, he didn't have much to say for himself unlike the guff he goes on with on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Met Ruud Gullit over in Spain before I said hello and he phased me out the bastard!

And Patrick Kane,I owed him 20c and he punched me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Gerry Ryan

He's got a good handshake though I can't stand the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

This one day at work, my dear colleague Jenna Jameson was pretty rude, started complaining that i was to 'rough' etc, not smiling to me, not wanting to swallow, no small talk during breaks. Would prefer not to work with her again, but hey, she was popular around that time so what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Derek Mooney. He was really up his own arse.

In all fairness Derek has alot up his arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Jason Sherlock. Rude c**t. But, maybe that was because there was about 40 people chanting racist comments at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

markesmith wrote: »

+1 He seems so, so lovely. Met him about 8 years ago, he told my friend he liked her plastic hoop earrings. :) Considering this is a 'rudest celeb' thread, I could mention the guy along with him. He had no time for mingling with the riff raff at all - big guy with a smig, they were presenting a programme together - I think it was some kind of forerunner of You're a Star. :confused: He had ideas above his station, whoever he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Kurtza wrote: »
    Jason Sherlock. Rude c**t. But, maybe that was because there was about 40 people chanting racist comments at him.

Met him myself arsehole.

I met Frank Kelly aka Fr. Jack from father ted. He told my 7 year old cousin at the time to fúck off when he called him Jack after he did panto in the gaiety theatre. No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Packie Bonnars meant to be a right arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

say it aint so:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

creggy wrote: »
    I met Frank Kelly aka Fr. Jack from father ted. He told my 7 year old cousin at the time to fúck off when he called him Jack after he did panto in the gaiety theatre. No joke.

Maybe he slipped into character for your cousin, a moment to treasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Amalgam wrote: »
    Maybe he slipped into character for your cousin, a moment to treasure!

Nah, he was serious and not acting. He said fúck off not feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MGSman123

ROG is a shy person though. Not his fault if he isn't the most people-friendly player ever

My pick is Jimmy Carr. But that is kind of his gimmick, the posh Englishman.

I met Jimmy Carr and he seemed very nice. He was nothing like his gimmick whatsoever.

As far as rudest celebrity goes, I'd have to say Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains. He was there, walking around Temple Bar, and my friend went up and all he could do was shake his hand... while continuing to walk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

Paul Brady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

jimmy white <snip>

met ken doherty not that bad but he asked me if i wanted his autography, eh no came my reply. not into all that celeb crap been honest if i bumped into any on the street i wouldnt take any notice of them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

PomBear wrote: »
    Packie Bonnars meant to be a right arsehole

Not true and I met him a good few times through an old job I had. He was a gent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

keith duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire!!!

KIAN EGAN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Paul O Connell was surprisingly immature. Sound though.

But back on topic, Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Twink on the train to Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hannoncom

Michael Stipe of REM. One of the biggest disappointments of my life.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jedbartlet

without a doubt that TWINK, i worked with her at a function before and seriously she has a very bad attitude and really thinks she is someone! Rude and up her own hole is not the word for it.

if you want to get on her tits ask her why she is call twink, she will talk ****e for 30 mins telling you! and then ask her is it Edel or Adell she likes to be called... that really pisses her off.
    What a **** she is!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Haayylleey

Rosanna Davidson, but thats to be expected

Advertisement