Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

• 10-02-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Inspired by chilly's thread on www.ibuybook.ie and also similar threads on the other regional forums.

In these recession times what bargains can be had locally in the city? Please include price and duration of bargain.
    Only add local bargains and don't use this to promote your own business (if you want to advertise on boards contact an admin).

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Monday-Wednesday last week and the same this week in Marks: Sammich + Crisps + Drink = €2.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'm a regular visitor to the Bargin Alerts Page but since there are a lot of SuperValus in Galway; I got a nice big piece of Sirlion Steak (8.04Kg)this evening in Supervalu. It was 50% off. I also got a free bag of onions and a free punnet of mushrooms with it. I said to the butcher it was great value but he said it wasn't; it was super value. It cost me €4.39 all together. Offer finishes on tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Toy city are still going with their 50% sale. Most stock is gone but there are still a lot of girls dolls and general baby toys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

€2 Coffee in Mocha Beans!

No idea when its over! sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's already been done on Bargain Alerts but it works for Galway too

€10 off €100 worth of shopping bought online in Tesco with this voucher:
    http://www.tesco.ie/spendless/voucher.html
    It's the last voucher. Valid until the 15th of Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

sgthighway wrote: »
    I'm a regular visitor to the Bargin Alerts Page but since there are a lot of SuperValus in Galway; I got a nice big piece of Sirlion Steak (8.04Kg)this evening in Supervalu. It was 50% off. I also got a free bag of onions and a free punnet of mushrooms with it. I said to the butcher it was great value but he said it wasn't; it was super value. It cost me €4.39 all together. Offer finishes on tomorrow I think.

Is there any SuperValu's in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dmcg90 wrote: »

Fr Griffen Rd is close enough to in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

dmcg90 wrote: »

There's one on Fr. Griffin Road and one in Ballybane.

There used to be two in the city centre - one where New Look is in Eyre Square centre and one where Marks and Spencer is in Corrib centre.

/nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Krieg wrote: »
    Toy city are still going with their 50% sale. Most stock is gone but there are still a lot of girls dolls and general baby toys

I was in there 2 days ago, their kids toys are generally still pretty much in full stock. The only thing that's actual noticeably depleted is the Video game department, and Nursery. There's any amount of a full range of boys/girls toys left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Centra are running an offer where the usually 7euro plus tubs of ben and jerrys icecream are 3.36:) happy times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Planet Entertainment Centre on Headford Rd Bowling €25/hour for up to 7 ppl during Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays "for a limited time" (whatever that means). If you use the vouchers from chillys thread it's €20.

Btw, my iBuy booklet arrived just now.

Referring to the ibuybook again there are several vouchers in it that could be useful for Valentines day. There are some vouchers for money off restaurants or a free bottle of wine with dinner.
    There's also a voucher for 50% off a facial and massage beauty treatment. It's €90 usually but €45 with the voucher.Obviously you'd want to buy and book the treatment for her in advance for that though.A card with a voucher and €45 in it would not be every womans dream. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You'll probably find they won't accept vouchers for occasions like valentines. They are usually for drumming up business on quiet times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I also heard Vina Mara are doing a special of dinner for two, dessert and a bottle of wine for 67 euros..those of you who know vina mara will know this is a well cheap offer...doubt they'll do it Valentines night but worth investigating!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mullers

Just to let you know Kennys Bookshop - Liosban Retail Park, Galway are starting a 50% off sale on all Books starting tomorrow 12th Feb. Only applies to walk in customers-not online. Pick up a few bargains........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Printed on the back of every 3 tickets at the Eye cinema (from what I can tell) is the following special offer:
    Get €30 Mobile credit free when you order any 12" pizza, garlic pizza bread, wedges or dippers and coke for €20.

Delivery, Dine-in or carry out.

It's valid from one month of the date on your ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

mullers wrote: »
    Just to let you know Kennys Bookshop - Liosban Retail Park, Galway are starting a 50% off sale on all Books starting tomorrow 12th Feb. Only applies to walk in customers-not online. Pick up a few bargains........

50% off on all books?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

So is it only on every third ticket the Eye cinema offer is? And is it for Dominos pizza? And lastly, what mobile provider do you get the 30 euro credit for?

It's for fourstar pizza, sorry.

And from what I can tell, it's on every third ticket, but you always get a receipt printed with your tickets on the same kind of paper. So if you go as a couple, pay together, you're guaranteed to get one. If two people pay separate one after the other, you might even get two!

And we ordered the deal and didn't get the credit yet because the driver forgot it (seemed a bit stressed tbh, had to fill up a plastic water bottle for his radiator!) - but I'm supposed to ring them and they're going to give me the card. There's another offer for €10 free mobile credit for use on any network when you order a 12" or 16" pizza as well, so I assume both offers are for any network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

I'm wondering can someone help me.
    I was told there's a voucher for €10 off in Al Muretto in the advertiser today. Is this in the actual paper or as part of a booklet I heard people talking about?

We don't get the advertiser at home or where I work so there's no way to tell.
    I was thinking of going there for my birthday this week so it'd be great if I could get a couple.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You don't get the credit directly. I saw that offer before and it seemed a bit sus, think you had to sign up to some subscription service

cacio wrote: »
    I'm wondering can someone help me.
    I was told there's a voucher for €10 off in Al Muretto in the advertiser today. Is this in the actual paper or as part of a booklet I heard people talking about?

We don't get the advertiser at home or where I work so there's no way to tell.
    I was thinking of going there for my birthday this week so it'd be great if I could get a couple.

Thanks

If you are very bored/desperate to know you can view the advertiser in all it's glory as a pdf on their site.
    http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/digitaleditions.aspx?tab=0&pid=a2fc81f2-0ccf-4dbf-aca1-00bedf4bde35#
    You can print pages if you come across the vouchers.

You can also view and print all the vouchers from the booklet here :http://www.ibuybook.ie/vouchers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭sgthighway

There is a Mens Clothes Shop in Liosbaun called GM2. I was in it before but i heard from a good source it is closing down so I passed it today and sure enough 70% off Closing Down Sale. I was in a rush so couldn't call in but they have good stock and not the normal crap you see in some shops. I priced around for a Ben Sherman jacket before and it was cheaper than anywhere else and they had a good choice.

Fillet steak is half price in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

JohnCleary wrote: »
    You don't get the credit directly. I saw that offer before and it seemed a bit sus, think you had to sign up to some subscription service

This. It's a swizz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Three Course Meal in Mc Swiggans on a Sunday for 19.95

Fixed menu but theres a good bit to choose from. Not bad. But i found their sunday roast paled in comaprsion to some other places.

Not a bad deal though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Not too sure if it's a bargain....

Salt N' Pepper in Salthill - Buy 2 meal deals, get a 3rd free

Nice hangover cure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Aldi's super six. 79c for a bunch of asparagus, a punnet of strawberries, tomatoes or mushrooms or a big bag of spuds. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

sgthighway wrote: »
    There is a Mens Clothes Shop in Liosbaun called GM2. I was in it before but i heard from a good source it is closing down so I passed it today and sure enough 70% off Closing Down Sale. I was in a rush so couldn't call in but they have good stock and not the normal crap you see in some shops. I priced around for a Ben Sherman jacket before and it was cheaper than anywhere else and they had a good choice.

Was down there this evening and they had a few racks with money off but 80% of the stuff in there hadn't anything reduced off at all. Disappointed enough with it cos was hoping to pick up a bargain or two!! :(

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »

yup - that's confirmed. it's a 4 euro a week subscription service, I'd be tempted to order it, get the 30 euro credit and then cancel it but I wouldn't trust them to cancel it on time.

Still, even without the credit it was a good deal considering the pizza Mr. Xiney ordered was 19 euro to begin with.

Advertisement