Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trike insurance.

• 19-01-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a trike. I don't have a full bike licence but I do have a full car licence. Will the car licence cover me for the trike?

Also, whats the story with insurance? Will my car policy cover me on the trike?

And finally, does anyone know a good trike dealer in the Republic of Ireland or know of anyone selling one privately? Would I be better off going to the uk for one?

Cheers,
    Ted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Was in the same boat as you last summer so went ahead and built one..
    Went to States for the trike kit and Hamburg for front end and hooked up a reverse gear. There are a couple of dealers in Wales and Provincewide HD up north are getting into it. Too much speculation about what you are allowed to drive with what, pick up the phone and ask, I had a full licence prior to building so not aware. Carole Nash, insurance but check around

Advertisement