Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork Psytrance duo/trio start up?

• 23-06-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I've been producing some electronic music for a while now and playing guitar longer still. I write a lot of tunes in many styles and I'd like to try to get out and play Cork's clubs and raves with some Forest trance/ Goa trance style sounds. Maybe something along the lines of 1200 mics or Infected Mushroom.
    But i want to do it with a live edge. Where we could play instruments/synths shout down microphones and mix effects in live.
    Something new and exciting.
    Ideally I'd like to join forces with a DJ and a talented synth/keys player.
    You can check out the styles of my compositions here: soundcloud.com/venomose
    Please pm me for further details or any queries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah so close.... was hoping this would be something closer to Prodigy or Electonicore :)
    Nice mixes though

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭numb3r

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ah so close.... was hoping this would be something closer to Prodigy or Electonicore :)
    Nice mixes though
    Sorry to disappoint haha. I like that style of stuff too. I'm a big prodigy fan but Psytrance is where my heart belongs :P
    I'm up for combining and compromising if you'd still be interested in doing something?

What kind of things do you do yourself?

It wasn't so much for myself ad I play guitar too in a Rock/Metal band. Just something i'd like to see live in Cork. I'm really into the fusing of guitars ect with dance. I'm kind of hoping to have some techno/dance stuff in my own project in the future a-la Crossfaith.

Here's some of my early work, hopefully I'll have new demos in 10 weeks with more synths etc:

https://soundcloud.com/genericoneofficial

Cormac... wrote: »
    It wasn't so much for myself ad I play guitar too in a Rock/Metal band. Just something i'd like to see live in Cork. I'm really into the fusing of guitars ect with dance. I'm kind of hoping to have some techno/dance stuff in my own project in the future a-la Crossfaith.

Here's some of my early work, hopefully I'll have new demos in 10 weeks with more synths etc:

https://soundcloud.com/genericoneofficial

Yeah man, Crossfaith are pretty cool. Just a metal'd up prodigy half the time.
    Do you do much work with synths or software at all?

P.S. Check to see if this sound might be more up your alley.
    https://soundcloud.com/venomose/demo

numb3r wrote: »
    Yeah man, Crossfaith are pretty cool. Just a metal'd up prodigy half the time.
    Do you do much work with synths or software at all?

P.S. Check to see if this sound might be more up your alley.
    https://soundcloud.com/venomose/demo

I/we don't right now as we're a 4 piece (Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Drums). I'd like to have some synths over some of the intros/outros etc (like choral kind of stuff) and maybe arpeggio/step filter stuff over bridges/breakdowns and 2nd choruses. Things that aren't too much in the foreground but kind of give it a lift.

If you'd like to have a crack at adding some stuff to our project (i'm thinking there'll be 10 songs, each 4 mins so there will be room to add bits and pieces) as a contributor then definitely let me know. I don't want to go completely Crossfaith where the synths/keys/samples are like a fifth of the songs all the time, just have bits here and there where it suits.

FYI thats a cool demo, real nice sound

• Advertisement

Yeah man I'd love to collaborate on some recordings with you.
    That'd be well fun.
    Where actually is the band based?
    If you want you can throw me your email in a pm and Ill get on to you and we can exchange a few recordings? I can show you what I come up with on the tracks you give me?
    I understand wanting it to be only a mild component. I like the idea of adding electronics to last choruses and 2nd verses for flavour.

Cheers for the props.

Advertisement