Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tellingeye

Neil Delemare, rude rude rude!

Even onlookers couldn't believe it! The chant "who are ya, who are ya" was shouted after him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Bono & Larry Mullen. Met them in LAX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I met Twink recently and contrary to her reputation, she was absolutely lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Stevie Wonder.

I was walking down sunset boulavard one day and waved at him across the street. He was look straight at me and just blanked me. Prick! :mad:

Are you not aware that Stevie Wonder is blind and has been blind from birth? I thought that was common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Are you not aware that Stevie Wonder is blind and has been blind from birth? I thought that was common knowledge.

Um.

I think it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Im going to say Twink and her horrible yappy ugly yorkshire terriers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hilarious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colmQcusack

gerry ryan he thinks hes a celeb and a god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mojorex

I was working in a shop a few years back and Anne Doyle came in I asked her had she any news she told me to F#CK OFF hahaha
    F@#king turkey hahaah!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ButtercupTheCow

Hulk Hogan- Really nice. Told me I was beautiful and everything :) He's massive and really brown.
    Denise Welch (was in Coronation Street)- very nice, very short too!
    Jimmy White- met him in Vegas, very nice, chatted with us and agreed to a picture
    George McMahon/Mondo (dunno if he counts as a celeb these days)- Not a bad lad. Puts up with a lot of people taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

David Beckham & Ryan Giggs, absolute gentlemen.
    Robbie Keane - complete [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL].
    Adam Clayton - tool. A mate met the Edge tho, said he was very cool.
    Paul McGrath - Legend.
    Duncan Stewart off "about the house" - very standoff-ish, wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Allure_ wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr seemed pretty alright when i met him,Very sarcastic though.

What were you expecting?! Its Jimmy Carr!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Some knob that played 'Mike' on Fair City, met him in BK he was jarred and pathetically trying to chat up young ones (tha chap is about 50). Other than that I've met Niall Quinn, Mick Galway, Ken Doherty and they were sound out. My sisters met your man that played Father Damo in Father Ted at the opening of some yoke, he was really sound, funny, chatty etc... that Caroline Morahan one was there as well, she was a total knob, wouldn't even speak to anyone.
    Friend of mine met Glenda Gilson, absolute cunt so she is.
    Same friend actually met Robert Mugabe in a hotel elavator in South Africa about 15 years ago, he was a bit stand offish with his entourage and my mate's sister who was 4 at the time was acting up and one of Mugabe's security men threatened her. I don't think any of the other celebrities or Z listers here can actually claim "I might be the only person here who's actually killed a man".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

That guy Jeremy Piven from Entourage was on the same flight as me and he was such a p***k to this really sweet stewardess. Just because the plane was delayed. He really gave her hell for something she had no control over. It was only like 5 minutes to landing and she kept apologising and being nice but he wouldn't stop. He was with his 'agent' I think. This woman had so much plastic surgery & looked about 70 trying to be 20! She just sat there saying nothing looking at the girl. I would've gone up & said something but we all had to be seated for landing.
    Johnny Logan...nice down to earth guy
    Chris Eubank...sleezy & unfaithful
    Prodigy...about 10yrs ago in a hotel lobby..didn't seem like the nicest guys..they were spitting in the lobby & had no regard for others.
    Naomi Campbell..on another flight! Rude and so up herself. Man this chick has to have everything her way or else she starts shouting!
    Lindsay Lohan &Samantha Ronson (when they were dating!)..on yet another flight! Sam had her headphones on most of the time & lindsay was up chatting to the cabin crew for a bit. They seemed really loved up, holding hands a lot!
    I think thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

A mate met Colm and Jim Jim...(ha ha) in a prefessional capacity and said they were diva like ******s.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Brent Pope a few times not the nice guy he made out be by what I have seen

I've met Popey a few times now at Leinster games, & he's a really nice guy who is always up for a natter about the game at hand .....

Jay P wrote: »
    Paul O Connell was surprisingly immature. Sound though.

Paulie is sound, should see him with a few beers in him & with Gallaimh & the Claw in toe .... funny as f**k lol

Phil de Glanville, ex rugby player - met him when I was a kid, asked him very nicely for an autograph after a game, even called him Mr De Glanville, he told me to **** off, my Ma read him the riot act.

Ronan Collins is rude as f**k - worked in a call centre & took a call from him, & you can be as nice as pie to the man, & I'll tell you, they couldn't broadcast the language he uses when he gets worked up!!!

Adrian Kennedy is another one I had a really bad experience of meeting. This guy is just utterly rude, dismissive & appalling.

Ralf Schumacher, horrible person to interview & just super rude.

On the opposite ends of the scale, nice people:

* Felipe Contepomi: This guys is the single most polite, warm & nicest celeb-ish person I have ever had the good fortune to meet. Met him countless times, & he remembers who you are if you've met him enough, & just an absolute star of a bloke.
    * Henry Rollins: makes loads of time for anyone who wants to talk, absolute gent & thoroughly nice
    * Snoop Dogg: likes to make out he's an idiot, really nice guy, alot of smarts
    * Warren G: absolute gentleman, very polite & calls people Sir
    * Rocky Elsom: possibly the nicest guys ever
    * Jamie Heaslip: too funny, & even funnier when going for a drink with
    * Kevin Smith: nice as pie, affable.
    * Jackie Chan: so nice, so willing to sign autographs & answer questions
    * Eddie Jordan: really nice person, just very very very nice guy to talk to & interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ven0m wrote: »

* Henry Rollins: makes loads of time for anyone who wants to talk, absolute gent & thoroughly nice

+1, Henry is probably the nicest 'celeb' i've met, he's actually interested in what you have to say, and when you're chatting he makes it feel that he's actually interested in what you say, pretty rare for a celeb.

I met him backstage at Sabbaths Reunion gig in Birmingham, 99 i think, he asked where i was from and i said Llandudno, he asked if that was near Colwyn Bay (3 miles away) as he'd played a Black Flag gig 20 odd years earlier there, on the pier, he knew everything about the place, even though that 1 gig was 20years earlier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

scudzilla wrote: »
    +1, Henry is probably the nicest 'celeb' i've met, he's actually interested in what you have to say, and when you're chatting he makes it feel that he's actually interested in what you say, pretty rare for a celeb.

I met him backstage at Sabbaths Reunion gig in Birmingham, 99 i think, he asked where i was from and i said Llandudno, he asked if that was near Colwyn Bay (3 miles away) as he'd played a Black Flag gig 20 odd years earlier there, on the pier, he knew everything about the place, even though that 1 gig was 20years earlier!!
    In the late 90's i walked out of the Olympia box office after collecting my Rollins tickets, i crossed Dame St. and headed up Georges St. and saw Henry approaching deep in discussion with a journo type, I just went "HENRY" and stuck out my hand, and he stopped dead and shook my hand had quick hello, as i didn't want to bother him, but i turned around a few steps later and he still standing there with a confused luck on his face! Seemed dead sound.
    Johnny Kelly - type o negative -- really sound bloke
    Mortis - met him at an after show party at a danzig show in the states, highly decent guy, and really appreciated another european at that moment as he was having communicaton issues with some Americans.

my non-metal loving ex once had a friend who needed a whizz on wexford st, and ended up availing of the ever obliging Cannibal Corpse's tour bus and it's facilities, while my indifferernt ex chatted away with the CC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

A mate who works in Formula 1 says Lewis Hamilton is notorious amongst everyone for being an up-himself little sh*t. Very small circle, F1, where everyone working on it gets to know each other quite well, and everyone is (at the least) polite to each other. Except Hamilton.

Obviously I've no way of confirming this but if it is true I'm not surprised. All F1 drivers tend to have huge egos once they're successful but he seems to be particularly up his own hole...to put it eloquently ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Ohhh...there appears to be a lot of F1 gossip on here, yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

neil delamare, totally up his own arse. i was organising a chairty comedy gig, trying to talk to him about it, he just said speak to my agent, and turned his back on me to continue hitting on groupies in dakota. lovely. needless to say, i didnt book him. twat.

Maybe he just didn't want to be bothered about work on a night out. Much the same as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

This is the first thread I've ever read from start to finish!

Compelling stuff. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer starts his own website!!!!!!!!

I heard a story about a friend of a friend in a restaurant in Dublin. Bono and another man come in and waiter asks the friend of friend would their party mind moving. The party didn't mind but Bono wanted to pay for their meal. They insisted that he wouldn't but he said he'd pay for their drink at least. They gave the man with Bono a camera and he agreed to take their photo with Bono.

At the end of the meal they asked for the bill. Waiter told them it was all paid for. They said that wasn't the arrangement. Waiter told them that Bono had paid for the drink but the man with him, Mr. Springsteen had paid for their food. They looked over and got a friendly smile and wave from Bono and Bruce!!!!

I REALLY REALLY hope that story is true because it's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 davy7

met pele in manchester airport about 15 years ago. he was walking along with 5 minders surrounding him, i ran up to him (bearing in mind i was only about 12 or 13 at the time!), the minders went mental pushing me away and Pele shouted at them to leave me alone and called me over for a photo and autograph!!

What a legend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Lisa Cannon...she's up her own ass

David Walliams...not as nice as you'd expect, in fact he was downright rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Twink
    Anyone who has ever had the misfortune of meeting Edel King AKA Twink has had a bad experience. I saw her in a queue at the point theatre some years ago and she was screaming blue murder because the queue wasn't moving fast enough for her, she was so abusive towards the staff and wanted everyone to hear her tearing strips off this poor girl who was trying to help her. She kept screaming "Do you you not know who I am" and "I know people....I can bring you down!" she belongs in St.John of Gods!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Aonghus McAnally is apparently very nice!

http://home.connect.ie/helens/pics2/aongh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 streetsweeper

I met Mr Ireland- Kamal Ingrim in a newsagents on Patricks Street. I didnt want him to know I knew who he was so I went up to him and said
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your face is familiar. Maybe you just have one of those common faces.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He turned towards me and said-[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well yours must have been limited edition - limited because no one else wanted one like it.[/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I met Mr Ireland- Kamal Ingrim in a newsagents on Patricks Street. I didnt want him to know I knew who he was so I went up to him and said
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your face is familiar. Maybe you just have one of those common faces.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He turned towards me and said-[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well yours must have been limited edition - limited because no one else wanted one like it.[/FONT]

LOL - He owned you.

Maybe if you had of been nice, he would have been nice back?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your face is familiar. Maybe you just have one of those common faces.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He turned towards me and said-[/FONT]

I think you were trying to be too cool for school and got slightly burned.

Advertisement