Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Price

Options
  • 26-03-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

150 euro to fit new radio new flip out tv screen 4 speakers and media player in the car. is it a good price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

theres not much to it,same as any other radio the only difference is you'll need an extra live AFAIK
    i think halfords do it for E40 if you buy it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

landydef wrote: »
    theres not much to it,same as any other radio the only difference is you'll need an extra live AFAIK
    i think halfords do it for E40 if you buy it there
    How long is a piece of string, depends on the model of car and the system he is installing, dose it require an extra wiring adapter at the back of the head unit? extra wiring to the rear speakers, connections?, I tried to fit a top end Ground Zero speakers set to a Ford Transit, spent hours hacking at the inner panel to get extra clearance and then had to fit an adapter mount. If I was an auto electrician and was fitting something out of the ordinary I would charge enough to cover my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

tried it tonight, 4 hours later and Ive still to go back tomorrow to finish it off. the tv screen had no power leads with it. and the video leads at the back had to be hardwired in. very very difficult and cold . it started with two guys and ended up four including myself. the electrics in the car were completely messed up by the last owner so I think Ive definitely gotten my money's worth if you count the time spent on my car alone:eek: the person hasnt asked for any more money and apologized that it was taking so long . even tho it was the wiring in my car thats messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

it was all done the other day , the dash went from this
    2364897216a7255763994l.jpg

to this
    2364897216a7276375409l.jpg

so I'm quite pleased

Advertisement