Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have Laws Changed ?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

The other day my friend said to me that it isn't illegal to download movies/Songs no more from the likes of KAT ect.

"You cant get in trouble for downloading there only going after the actual sites now" That's what he said i'm just curious is it true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hes wrong, its still piracy, and its illegal. But who cares everyone does it ( Except for everyone on boards.ie ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Yeah i thought so :P but i do agree with what he said like i don't know why they bother with the people that do it ( obviously no one on boards has to worry about this anyways ;) but it would make more sense to go after the people that own the sites or the creator of the site i should probably say. Its like finding an ant nest and trying to kill all the ants one by one just go for the nest there all gone.

I'm sure this conversation has already been had so sorry if this is a repeat.

Advertisement