Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 what are you looking forward to?

• 30-12-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

It was really nice to look back on peoples posts in the "2011 what are you looking forward to" thread as they compared where they are now with where they were a year ago.

Thought it'd be nice to do it this year too :) Write in what you hope for in 2012 and look back at the tread at the end of the year?

For me in 2012:
    I hope to get my business going strong
    Get over my anxiety attacks completely
    Go out more and enjoy myself (stop worrying about money!)
    Get fit and running again
    Spend more time with my nephews and nieces
    Find a better (or just bigger!) place for me and the OH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Have baby
    Raise perfect child

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

For 2012 I plan to

Go back to college to kick start off a new career path. Am sending off an application on Monday!

Get running again, run another 5km race & beat last years time!

Start being more careful with my money.

Would love to meet someone special this year- can't really plan that but I'm gonna put myself out there a bit more, approach more guys etc.

Keep building my self esteem & self confidence by not being so hard on myself, treating myself with respect & reminding myself of all the positives in my life.

I'm hoping 2012 will be another good year for myself & hope it's good for all of ye as well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭sophieblake

Visit my parents more often

Lose weight

Start looking after myself more

take more care of my appearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Getting more work ...... even something hitn'miss better than being out of work anyway, but I think there is a bit more work out there now so that's a good sign.

Taking a right-turn :D down that road towards Settling-down-Avenue ...... :):rolleyes: Was gonna say - finding a Mr. Maybe??!! But that sounds seriously corny!!!! :D (Not looking for much not even looking for a Mr. Right, even just a Mr. Maybe lol! :( )

Meh most likely a waste of a post lol. :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Start taking care of myself more - eating properly, actually going to the gym!!

Making time to do my hair and nails etc. I always feel better when I do.

Value the time I spend with my OH/daughter/family more.

Try to be more positive and optimistic about things :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The apocalypse I guess.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hope to finish my first ever full year in college in May. I will actually be so proud if this happens, fingers crossed it does. It's looking good at the moment. :)

Traveling. Wherever. Anywhere. I just wanna go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

Complete my diploma.
    Secure a new contract in my job.
    Go on lots of dates, push the boundaries! Go new places, meet lots of new people, enjoy myself!
    Go on a sun holiday/travel!
    Be happy and healthy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

In no particular order:

- Finishing my undergrad degree and graduating.
    - Hopefully starting a post-grad course (this is in serious doubt, but we'll see!).
    - Having 10 days to myself in a few weeks time.
    - Planning a trip somewhere in the summer, to celebrate aforementioned finishing degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Finish my degree (makes me giddy even thinking about the fact that I will be a qualified microbiologist rather than a cleaner in May!!!!):eek::D
    Still cannot believe the 4 years + 1 year access course are almost at an end..

Watch my eldest officially become an adult when he celebrates his 18th in May... Enjoy yer small babies ladies of the Lounge cos they grow up pretty quick!!

Hopefully begin working in my field of study and be a little more financially able to help my eldest start his college education next September...

Most of all though I'm hoping and praying that my dad who has a form of Parkinson's Plus will see the next year through without complication and will be able to be there when I (his eldest daughter) graduates:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Actually finish a year of college, and begin second year.
    Get it together to lose that last half-stone...and possibly reach a size 8 :rolleyes:
    Get fit (again).
    Save money to go on a sun holiday :cool:
    Find as much time as possible for bf and family and friends
    Start driving lessons.
    Plan a kick-a** 21st birthday party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hmm
    - Graduating from UCC in September with my B.A :)
    - Losing weight to a level that I'm happy with for me.
    -Hopefully staying in my job where I'm happy!
    - Going to Wales in February to my friend :D
    - Hopefully a trip to Rome over the summer
    - getting over the asshole ex and hopefully getting to a level where we can be friendly and he has grown up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Bubblefett great idea. Fluffy what a lovely post :)

My goals are:

Move jobs, which I'm actively pursuing

Get comfortable in my own skin again. My last relationship was such a negative draining one that I still find myself on edge.

Learn a language, prob French.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Aw thanks Tigger99:)

Reading your post reminded me of another..

My daughter is starting Secondary school next Sept. so I'm signing up for Spanish classes as she will be taking Spanish for the first time.... Will be fun to be the only 2 girls in a house with 4 lads able to speak it. We can have secret chats:D

My sis in law is Spanish and my brother is now fluent so we will have help if we need it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Will be spending 2012 plodding along with college, delivering lovely little babies for a living :) Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looking forward to:

hopefully passing my exams and graduating!

getting my side business up and running

doing some more wedding planning

returning to my healthy eating habits and doing more cooking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Great thread. I'm ooking forward to:

Getting a job working in marketing - and the financial security that comes from that.

Samaritans volunteering.

Travelling to new places, even if it is just weekends away. I used to love doing that, going anywhere for a night or two, but financially that hasn't been possible this year.

And the usual, meeting new people, making new friends and enjoying the positive things in my life that I sometimes take for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im looking forward to:
    • graduating with my BA and possibly stating a postgrad course!
    • hopefully find a job
    • getting healthy
    • loosing a bit more weight
    • travel somewhere, anywhere and maybe go couch surfing?!
    • be happier and not let the little things get to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hopefully employment, everything in my life that's going wrong is due to unemployment one way or another so Im hoping once I get a job, everything else will get better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Starting again with my harplessons and improving my skills big time!

Taking up sport or yoga of some kind

Making it to the second year of my college course or start one at University

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Finding work.
    Turning my hobby into a way of life.
    Travelling more.
    Getting fitter.
    Leaving home and my home town.
    Dating more and possibly finding a relationship.
    Stopping myself from focusing too much on mistakes I've made in the past and beating myself up because of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm looking forward to continuing my get fit regime which I started last Jan and have kept going all year! :)
    Going to try and complete a half marathon.
    Looking forward to taking more time for myself and not listen to people who are negative-wrecking my buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

This year want to

Lose weight (1 stone) & complete C25K to help with this

Quit smoking completely (been having sneaky ones when drinking)

Get out there more to meet new people

Do well at work but not let it consume me and stress me out too much

Think I'm feeling much more positive than last year at least, and my big wish is for my bf to get a job but since I have no control over that it shall remain a wish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hmmmm

1) I want to start my new job and for it to give me the extra clinical skills I want to begin looking for a job in a hospital as an optometrist.

2) I want to get fit and lose some weight, even just tone up

3) Start Spanish lessons so that I can eventually spend some time in Argentina.

4) Put myself out there more for both friends and bf. Would love 2012 to be a year where I have a proper boyfriend.

5) Weekends away. I want to see more of Europe

6) Friends from Australia coming home to visit in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

Looking forward to:

- Losing weight, getting fitter by starting to walk more, and eating healthier homecooked meals
    - Cooking more homecooked meals - love cooking but don't have the time but just want to make more of an effort
    - Getting finances in order, stopping spending needlessly and wasting money and reducing credit card debt
    - Major decluttering of house, throwing out clothes I haven't worn in years and know I won't again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

God willing, I'm looking forward to:

Volunteer teaching this summer in Palestine.

Improving my Arabic.

Learning more about my faith.

Starting a teaching degree to get professionally qualified.

Starting work in a new school next September.

Moving to a nicer part of Abu Dhabi.

Finally learning to drive and getting a license.

Making new memories with my love, Z. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I've decided that there's nothing keeping me here really so I'm pretty sure I'm going to head to Prague to do medicine in September. I'm doing a masters I hate so I can't wait to finish that and I hope to get out there and enjoy being single for the first time in nearly four years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Get happy
    Meditate
    get up early
    jog
    talk to friends
    get a job
    get my degree
    go abroad again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

1. Starting my new job- both worried and excited about it, but at least I'll be off the dole.

2. Losing weight- I know, I know, everybody on the planet wants to lose weight during the new year, but it's really serious for me this year. Went shopping for new work clothes today ands I was not impressed. Gone up from a size 8 to a size 16 :(:(:( But I'm hoping a better diet and all the commuting/running around I'll be doing will help.

3. Making more female friends- I'm already starting to branch out a bit in the town I moved to ( to live with my boyfriend). This year was not great friends-wise (lost some, gained some), but hopefully 2012 will be better.

4. Getting back to my music/writing- after a serious bout of depression over the past 18 months I'm slowly getting back into the things that used to make me so happy. That was one of the worst things about being depressed, the complete emptiness I felt towards music and literature when they used to mean the world to me. I'm slowly getting back into both things now, and I'm feeling much better for it.

To everyone in the Ladies Lounge, I hope you have a great night tonight, whatever you're doing and you have an amazing 2012! Yiz are the best! xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

-I've an interview lined up for an amazing MA course, which is in the UK, so hopefully get accepted into that and have an exciting new life abroad come September!

-learn to drive

-lose weight and get healthier. I hate admitting it, but I have put on a lot of weight and have been drinking alcohol and eating take-aways far too much these last few months. This week I bought loads of fruit and veg and an exercise machine to get me off to a good start! Giving up alcohol entirely for at least a month.

-Do an evening course.

-Read more books

Feeling positive about this year!

Advertisement