Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It is, and pretty easy to do too. Goes very well with some nicely baked fish.

*Had to come up with something to make it up to Otis after all the sober talk yesterday. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Beer Batter for chips.

1 egg, separated
    Dash of Tabasco sauce
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
    1/2 c. beer or ale
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tbsp. melted butter

Beat egg yolk and beer with dash of Tabasco until well blended. Combine flour, salt and paprika and gradually stir into beer-egg mixture. Continue to stir until batter is smooth. Stir in melted butter. Beat egg white until fluffy and stiff and fold into batter. Dip potato strips into batter and deep fry until done.

*Now I know what's for dinner tonight...

That sounds amazing. I love savoury snacks like those but I'd be the size of a house if I started with all those type of things.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's not that kind of batter! It's very light, you wouldn't really notice anything except an extra crispiness.

Well I'm not that into any sort of chips from regular potato, so it was more that than anything else. I'd have them every so often when I'm out as they seem to be given as a side with so much in Ireland, but I would never go out of my way to eat chips.

Wedges are different though! As is anything from sweet potato!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Macdonalds chips rock my world. That is all.

McDonald's stuff don't count as chips :P:pac:

I'd be particular about chips. They'd have to come from an actual chipper that has good standards. I'd be very meh about most of them.

• Advertisement

McDonald's stuff don't count as chips :P:pac:

I'd be particular about chips. They'd have to come from an actual chipper that has good standards. I'd be very meh about most of them.
    KCs have nice chips - but there's heroin or something in MacDonalds chips - I love them

They're the job when you're hungover too

Nah I'm not into fries, the only stuff I'd like in McDonalds are the chicken burgers or a McFlurry. When I'm hungover, I love a good wrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Homemade chips are the best, with steak and bearnaise sauce mmmh:)

Nah I'm not into fries, the only stuff I'd like in McDonalds are the chicken burgers or a McFlurry. When I'm hungover, I love a good wrap.
    Ohhh a hot chicken wrap with garlic mayo, lettuce and cheese is good I'll admit.

I find a good aul chicken and mushroom pie always helps my hangover!

We differ on our tastes on wrap fillings :pac: The Mexicano in Donnybrook Fair is the business.

• Advertisement

We differ on our tastes on wrap fillings :pac: The Mexicano in Donnybrook Fair is the business.
    That's just because you like to be awkward :cool: :pac:

I'm only talking about your local shop Deli - none of this fancy dan mexican places mind :)

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm only talking about your local shop Deli - none of this fancy dan mexican places mind :)

I only eat the finest foods. None of your pauper food from Centra :pac:

Anyway, the Mexicano Wrap has chicken, grated cheddar cheese, taco sauce and peppers. Delish!

I only eat the finest foods. None of your pauper food from Centra :pac:

Anyway, the Mexicano Wrap has chicken, grated cheddar cheese, taco sauce and peppers. Delish!
    I do enjoy peppers....for a pauper like :)

Best wrap in the world is the following:

White wrap, six felafel balls, lashings of houmous, chillis, chilli sauce, red onion, lettuce, and a tiny amount of cheese.
    That is all.

Best wrap in the world is the following:

White wrap, six felafel balls, lashings of houmous, chillis, chilli sauce, red onion, lettuce, and a tiny amount of cheese.
    That is all.
    Needs more cheese imo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Gggrrr someone drank my milk and I really needed a nice cup of tea!

Morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Lol,sucks to be you eh.

:P

Lol,sucks to be you eh.

:P
    Aren't you just lovely :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What can I say,my parents did a great job.:cool:

What can I say,my parents did a great job.:cool:
    They must be so proud :P

• Advertisement

Morning everybody :D
    Back at work after a four-day weekend and I have four days worth of work to get done. Grrrrr

Back at work after a four-day weekend and I have four days worth of work to get done. Grrrrr
    Karma for rubbing your day off and toast in all of our faces yesterday :pac:

It's always the way of it though - take a day off and the workload builds up so much that you wonder if it's worth having taken the day off in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Not having a good tuesday so far :mad:

Karma for rubbing your day off and toast in all of our faces yesterday :pac:

It's always the way of it though - take a day off and the workload builds up so much that you wonder if it's worth having taken the day off in the first place.

Very true. Ah well :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not having a good tuesday so far :mad:

What's up?

What's up?
    Pussycat?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pussycat?

whoaoaoaaoawhoa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after tipping the barber 2 euro, and I'm not even in fantastic humour...
    The hell's going on?!:confused:

I never tip the barber 10 quid is enough for 10 minutes work in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Or 13 sponges in my case, no bloody recession in Galway with those prices!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement