Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WARNING: Theft & Damage in Broad Daylight!!

Options
  • 02-01-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Please remain alert!

We suffered an unwelcome visit by a couple of 'people' on St. Stephen's Day - who damaged our fencing, opened gates & doors to feed houses etc, leaving mayhem in their wake. They also stole our beautiful Golden Phoenix Cock. We need to replace him - so if anyone has a spare cockerel please let me know - I prefer barter to buy if that is possible.

Fowl, especially bantam cocks need to be protected from thieves as well as predators at this time of year. These birds are generally trusting and feed from your hand, but are used by uncrupulous individuals to blood, trial or provide practice for fighting birds. Yes, it continues!!

While we were absent "The Thieves" were observed walking away (in the field behind our pens) at 1:30pm on St. Stephens Day.

The day was very cold but they were wearing casual footwear(walking though a field) and without any proper clothes to protect from the weather. Obviously there was a vehicle parked close by...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

during the summer my mum was coming back from the hospital at 4am there was a van parked outside the farm gate
    she took the reg (english) and went back to investigate after parking but they were gone the next day there was evidence of diesel on ground near tank
    phone the gardai that day giving them reg etc.
    heard nothing back
    about 5 years ago a fence was broken so i put up a temporary fence on a reel when i went down to bring in the cows the reel was gone (holy god)
    they had access to a public road
    often had bales of hay redistributed as well when they were still out in the field
    another time i found a load of stakes in a dyke i kept them
    my dad use to be nice and help some (locals) with fodder once when he refused a day later a couple of water troughs were vandalised
    i live very close to one of the most mobile towns in ireland ..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

Please remain alert!

We suffered an unwelcome visit by a couple of 'people' on St. Stephen's Day - who damaged our fencing, opened gates & doors to feed houses etc, leaving mayhem in their wake. They also stole our beautiful Golden Phoenix Cock. We need to replace him - so if anyone has a spare cockerel please let me know - I prefer barter to buy if that is possible.

Fowl, especially bantam cocks need to be protected from thieves as well as predators at this time of year. These birds are generally trusting and feed from your hand, but are used by uncrupulous individuals to blood, trial or provide practice for fighting birds. Yes, it continues!!

While we were absent "The Thieves" were observed walking away (in the field behind our pens) at 1:30pm on St. Stephens Day.

The day was very cold but they were wearing casual footwear(walking though a field) and without any proper clothes to protect from the weather. Obviously there was a vehicle parked close by...

very sorry to hear that, some people have very little to be at stephens day, if i caught them id stick a four grain fork in them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

...i live very close to one of the most mobile towns in ireland ..

Wonder where that is?:D
    Took a walk around that town during the summer while I was having my Toyota serviced.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TOJ33

Since august 2010 .Where i farm part time there has being on going vandalism, graffiti has being wrote on a gable wall on roadside in broad daylight and general people acting the maggot in the locality. A local residents group has being blamed in the wrong. Gardai notified on numerous occasions, little or no interest. In early december this year ,had a robbery in old farmhouse. shovels, sledge hammers, pitch forks and 12 round stakes taken and other tools. door was securely locked with two bolts and padlocks. I left around 5 on a saturday evening. Road up to farm was partial covered in ice. convinced my movements were being watched notified gardai, again no real interest. my late uncles old car was also damaged, the back windscreen was smashed on monday 20th.( NOTIFIED GARDAI NO ACTION TAKEN) but when neigbhouring landowner has a slight problem they are out straight away. This is Ireland in 2011 rural ireland its a disgrace. I am seriously out of pocket over the equipment and that car that was parked up got price of 150 for back windscreen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

rs8 wrote: »
    very sorry to hear that, some people have very little to be at stephens day, if i caught them id stick a four grain fork in them!!!

Would the person who 'borrowed' my one and only 4 grain fork with a new handle please return it asap.:mad:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

Took a walk around that town during the summer while I was having my Toyota serviced.wink.gif
    lol

Advertisement