Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Poll Added***AH beers 17th April - Lets pick a venue

• 29-03-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

So far we have:

Ron Blacks
    Capitol Bar
    Sin

Anyone else have suggestions? Poll will be added shortly.

(lets keep the chit-cha to a minimum)

Where will we have it? (pick a many as you like) 99 votes

Athlone
    0%
    Sin
    14%
    BostonAgent SmithKieraMisticlesReganio 2davyjosedsmythypatrickcNTMKthetonynatorBonitoalwaysadubRuby_WooPeps 14 votes
    Thomas Reids
    8%
    BostonAgent SmithG-Money[Deleted User]LD 50we'llallhavetea_oldBonitoJordan Berbatov 8 votes
    Capitol Bar
    5%
    BostonAgent Smithme-skywalkerpikachucheeksBonito 5 votes
    Sub Lounge
    12%
    BostonAgent SmithMisticlesThe MasterpikachucheeksminidazzlerG-MoneyTheZohanSSoul Cake DuckwyrnBonitoalwaysadub 12 votes
    Ron Blacks
    6%
    BostonAgent SmithThe MasterCianRyanLD 50Bonito 6 votes
    Kennedys
    21%
    BostonAgent SmithPyr0m5ex9oqjawdg2iMisticlesRacoonQueenLux23The MasterpikachucheeksminidazzlerFago!NothingManibarelycareTheZohanSThe Big Red ButtonballsymchughToniTuddleBonitoEmacBalwaysadub 21 votes
    Some random strip bar for minidazzler
    3%
    BostonAgent SmithBonito 3 votes
    Doyles
    23%
    BostonAgent Smith[Deleted User]KieraMisticlesOutlawPeteminidazzlersteve frenchCoriolanusNothingManLD 50TheZohanSgavkm27GavRedKingdocdolittleMax Power1PirateShampooMidnight_EGthetonynatorBonito 23 votes
    Porterhouse
    7%
    BostonAgent SmithMisticles[Deleted User]quicklickpaddylaughBonito 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ron Blacks; cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Thomas Reids
    sin - €50, all drinks (cept champagne and shots), entry, cloakroom. i think its the best deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Kennedys
    Ron Blacks; cheap!

Kennedys
    Yeah actually ron blacks or sin please and thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

sin - €50, all drinks (cept champagne and shots), entry, cloakroom. i think its the best deal...

I would suggest Ron Blacks. Something like this isn't going to encourage people who haven't been to a beers before and who want a look in or a quick pint or something. Better to have it somewhere a bit more 'open' in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Whats easier to reach for a person that doesnt know there way around Dublin to well. I hope to spend the night in Artain with a woman after words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Thomas Reids
    WindSock wrote: »
    I would suggest Ron Blacks. Something like this isn't going to encourage people who haven't been to a beers before and who want a look in or a quick pint or something. Better to have it somewhere a bit more 'open' in my opinion.

ah balls, you're right :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Porterhouse
    SIN for me personally.

€50 that covers entry to VIP, cloakroom, drinks all night excluding champagne and shots. Not sure if glasses of wine is covered under that but I'll check. Depending on arrival time of everyone wherever we pick we should try sort out platters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Ron Blacks for me..cheap drinks and no minimum outlay of 50 quid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

€50 doesnt sound to bad but for people who don't drink!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Doyles
    djhunter30 wrote: »
    Whats easier to reach for a person that doesnt know there way around Dublin to well. I hope to spend the night in Artain with a woman after words.

Regardless of venue we'll stick up a link on googlemaps, most of the places are close enough to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Kennedys
    Ron Blacks - good bar, opens late, music not overly loud, and they have a good area down the back that can be set aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Doyles
    I won't be attending but just a heads up on what SIN offers.

The €50 Deal includes Nightclub Entry, VIP Access (sectioned off areas - so guaranteed seats) and Cloakroom.

All Bottles, Shorts, Mixers, Cocktails and Pints are free.

Group Bookings are available for the €50 deal.

If 25 or more people are in the Booking, three food platters are provided.

SIN itself has a bar and you can drink there from 9pm before going into the nightclub.

But the €50 only covers drinks in the club (not the bar) which opens at 9.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Porterhouse
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    I won't be attending but just a heads up on what SIN offers.

The €50 Deal includes Nightclub Entry, VIP Access (sectioned off areas - so guaranteed seats) and Cloakroom.

All Bottles, Shorts, Mixers, Cocktails and Pints are free.

Group Bookings are available for the €50 deal.

If 25 or more people are in the Booking, three food platters are provided.

SIN itself has a bar and you can drink there from 9pm before going into the nightclub.

But the €50 only covers drinks in the club (not the bar) which opens at 9.30pm.
    Ahhhhh that changes things a tad. If we're going to get there before 9.30 then we'll want to know how much drinks are before we get in to the club =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Doyles
    Ron Blacks seems better for the tentative first timer. The Sin deal is great and I may try it sometime but as I don't know any of you guys IRL i'd like the option of slipping out after 1 or 2 drinks without spending €50. You never know, you could all turn out to be horrible NothingMan killing psychos.

Doyles
    Right, for the time being we only need suggestion of venues, if a venue has already been suggested you don't need to suggest it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Let me guess, this is in Dublin ? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not sure if i'll be at this one, but there was a beers not too long ago in Mac Turcaills(sp?) Just off Townsend St. Beer wasnt too expensive, cocktails for around 6euro or so and they'll reserve an area for groups.

Also The Sub Lounge at Tara St. Station, nice place, not too pricey and will reserve an area. Oh they do food platters too afaik for group bookings.

Just throwing it out there like...

Doyles
    kingtut wrote: »
    Let me guess, this is in Dublin ? :rolleyes:

Pick a venue and we'll vote on it. If the venue you propose gets the majority of the votes we'll go there.

No need for the ":rolleyes:"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kennedy's beside Tara Street Station.

Doyles
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Kennedy's beside Tara Street Station.

I used to underage drink in there :)

Not sure what it's like now but when I was a nipper (during the war) the place was just one big room full of 15 and 16 year olds out of the nut who were refused entry to The White Horse or The Liffey Bar .. :p

wasted youth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sin sounds crap to be honest lads.

You want somewhere you can go earlier, espically people who are coming from outside dublin, also €50 entry, if you don't drink, is insane.

I was at a boards beers in the white horse and it was a great spot for it, lovely bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Doyles
    Why is Karma out? Do they not do €3 drinks anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Doyles
    Ron Blacks sounds good, never been there, but since the 50 quid into SIN only covers the club, screw them!

That is of course, only if I can make it! :D

Doyles
    Kiera wrote: »
    Why is Karma out? Do they not do €3 drinks anymore?

Karma is no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Doyles
    Karma is no more.
    No way! I did not know that.

Doyles

It's mentioned in just about every beers thread! :D

Pick Ron Blacks, or the Capitol, cheap enough! :)

Kennedys

Yup. last night was new years eve.

• Advertisement

Doyles
    Ron Blacks sounds good, never been there, but since the 50 quid into SIN only covers the club, screw them!

Yeah, not including the Bar is stupid.

I mean, the alcohol should be free no matter where you drink it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement