Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

being persecuted in acc & property forum .

Options
  • 17-07-2014 4:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭

Im being harrassed by morrigon and the_conductor.

i was having a nice discussion about the economy, all very pleasent and light hearted and then recieved a warning saying i had insulted steve dublin. I dont even know the guy.

I got a yellow card for that. again for just posting. then i asked why and was told that i wasnt allowed take "swipes" at the banks" so i warnd eldragon, i say "eldragon, id edit that as you said that the banks made a right mess" which you are not allowed say because morrigon told me that.

So i only says it to stop it from being against the forum charter but then the conductor comes along, who always plays bad cop to morrigon and bans me for it.

At n pointdid i post anything offensive on the forum and at no point was i warned on the forum that i was in jeapordy of being banned.

I had A PRIVATE CONVERSATION WITH the conductor where he threatened me for following the rules. morrigon already threatened me because i posted in a thread and i told him i was fearful of posting anything so i mentioned all this in ppm so as not to cause a fuss bu tthen they banned me anyway.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

While im still waiting as the anti semite trolls in other dispute resolutions get the priority treatment, what is a landlords favorite drink? Proper tea :)

Yay. Everybody dispute resolved. Lets all go home?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The_Conductor gave you your two warnings and a ban today. The first step is to contact him and see if you can resolve it by PM.

Mr E wrote: »
    The_Conductor gave you your two warnings and a ban today. The first step is to contact him and see if you can resolve it by PM.

I did. I got no reply. He is very unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi lolosaur,

I'll have a look at the thread in question, and I'll have to ask The_Conductor for his/her side of the issue. Probably come back to you some time tomorrow, allowing time for real life to interfere.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

that would be delightful.

I shall be looking forward to your reply.

Yours lolingly.

Lolosaur.

• Advertisement

Having had a look through the threads in question, I can't see any persecution - I see a series of entirely reasonable reasonable mod actions. I'm sorry to say that your posts are just not as funny or witty as you apparently think they are - instead, they come across as snide and juvenile trolling, topped with the belief that modding just doesn't apply to you.

As such, permaban and cards upheld. I should note that this is your second permaban from A&P, your previous ban was a result of exactly the same behaviour, and that your posts here follow exactly the same pattern. You've also been permabanned twice from Cork City, and sitebanned - an impressive record within a year.

I shall follow your future career in the Soc forums with a measure of interest as a result - your next permaban will probably be followed by a Soc ban, if someone brings it my attention. You could, of course, always re-reg, officer butterman.

You can request an Admin review.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

So what you are saying is, not once but twice I have been banned for the same thing whereby I was in the right and the mods were in the wrong? Well that is fairly conclusive then?

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Having had a look through the threads in question, I can't see any persecution - I see a series of entirely reasonable reasonable mod actions. I'm sorry to say that your posts are just not as funny or witty as you apparently think they are - instead, they come across as snide and juvenile trolling, topped with the belief that modding just doesn't apply to you.

As such, permaban and cards upheld. I should note that this is your second permaban from A&P, your previous ban was a result of exactly the same behaviour, and that your posts here follow exactly the same pattern. You've also been permabanned twice from Cork City, and sitebanned - an impressive record within a year.

I shall follow your future career in the Soc forums with a measure of interest as a result - your next permaban will probably be followed by a Soc ban, if someone brings it my attention. You could, of course, always re-reg, officer butterman.

You can request an Admin review.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

lolosaur wrote: »
    So what you are saying is, not once but twice I have been banned for the same thing whereby I was in the right and the mods were in the wrong? Well that is fairly conclusive then?

It might mean that, in some other universe where all the words I used mean completely different things, I suppose.

In this one, it means, all bans upheld, and are you seeking an Admin review of that decision?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Is there any point? would it achieve anything?

Im bored of this now. reinstate me and watch for yourself if i am the problem. you can keep a atchful eye and site ban me if you feel im the problem.

Is there any point? would it achieve anything?

Im bored of this now. reinstate me and watch for yourself if i am the problem. you can keep a atchful eye and site ban me if you feel im the problem.

Nope. You've been permabanned and reinstated before, and both times you wound up permabanned again for exactly the same behaviour. You're a pointless time sink - you're being one right now.

So, Admin review, or no?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Nope. You've been permabanned and reinstated before, and both times you wound up permabanned again for exactly the same behaviour. You're a pointless time sink - you're being one right now.

So, Admin review, or no?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

you are the admin no?

you are the admin no?

No, I'm the Category Mod. The Admins can review my decision just as I review the mod's decision.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

No, I'm the Category Mod. The Admins can review my decision just as I review the mod's decision.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Sure go on then, ill probably get in crap for annoying them too.

can i just point oput that i f i was trolling, which i wasnt, i would have alot more fun, ease and impact trolling the likes of the israel threads, the lgtb threads, them kind of threads. whol trolls in an accom and property thread? this has been taken way out of context and it is a massive waste of my time, your time and everyone elses time.

If you list out what im banned for, even in the cork thread, you will see it is inoffensive and it has been chosen to be picked up the wrong way. the mods have goaded me repeatedly and even when i try to do the right thing, i have been wronged.

Sure go on then, ill probably get in crap for annoying them too.

can i just point oput that i f i was trolling, which i wasnt, i would have alot more fun, ease and impact trolling the likes of the israel threads, the lgtb threads, them kind of threads. whol trolls in an accom and property thread? this has been taken way out of context and it is a massive waste of my time, your time and everyone elses time.

If you list out what im banned for, even in the cork thread, you will see it is inoffensive and it has been chosen to be picked up the wrong way. the mods have goaded me repeatedly and even when i try to do the right thing, i have been wronged.

I've looked at what you've been banned for (what else would I have been doing?), and it doesn't look like you've been wronged at all, I'm afraid. It just looks like you're unable to tell the difference between 'witty' and 'inane and mildly offensive'.

Anyway, requested an Admin review for you.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

That is really subjective and the third dig you have had at me in this conversation as to my sdense of humour. couple with the revealing of private info, i really dont like the way you are now dealing with this.

I've looked at what you've been banned for (what else would I have been doing?), and it doesn't look like you've been wronged at all, I'm afraid. It just looks like you're unable to tell the difference between 'witty' and 'inane and mildly offensive'.

Anyway, requested an Admin review for you.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

That is really subjective and the third dig you have had at me in this conversation as to my sdense of humour. couple with the revealing of private info, i really dont like the way you are now dealing with this.

Your previous record, such as a siteban for holding duplicate accounts, is not "private info" in the context of a dispute about a ban.

The comments about your posts are intended to be constructive - I'm telling you how your posts come across, and indeed how your posts in this thread come across, because how your posts come across is the problem, and if you don't take that information on board, you're simply going to get banned again and again.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

did it ever occur to you that the duplicate account might be my partners?

and as to my conduct in this "exchange"?

Im sorry but ive been called a "troll", a "time sink" and basically been lambasted, having been nothing but nice. (granted, i have said that the controller was unreasonable but i think that is due to the situation rather than me personally attacking him, which i wasnt)

I gave you free reign to ban me if you felt i was the problem.

you yourself said you would watch me closely in the socks.

I still find that you are treating me unfairly, i find that any post i make is taken in the most offensive possible way and that im being judged on previous history.

It doesnt really matter what i do does it. you try and do something constructive, topical and interesting and you end up with argueing pointlessly with internet strangers. previous record. previous record previous record. broken record more like it. judge me on the now. not the then.

Im done with this now.

Judge for yourself but your outcome will just be a vindication for the proletariot that feel you are heavy handed when it comes to issues like this. or non issues as the case may be.

I didn't look at your previous record before judging the posts this DRP is based on.

I don't know you, I've never met you, I've never seen your posts before, and they come straight across to me as trying to be witty, but just being offensive and inane. I have absolutely no agenda here, and absolutely no reason at all for saying that except that it's the truth. Really, honestly, and with no malice at all involved, your posts just come across badly. I'm just the person telling you that on this occasion.

Looking at your previous record does tell me, as it should tell you, that this is not a lone opinion. This is the way most mods take up your posts, and many posters too, judging by the Reported Posts. It's like having a string of bad relationships - the common denominator is you.

If you genuinely mean no harm by any of your posts, if you genuinely don't mean to offend, then I equally genuinely suggest that you stay away from trying to be witty.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement