Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

EPM wrote: »
    Ah thought I'd get a reaction. Was only because I had to change a wheel:D

After you burst it going through the ditch :D

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Do you keep the good ones on the front?

Everyone says the opposite but I've never noticed much difference if they all have reasonable thread

Well I was rotating them simply to get them wearing down evenly, so the back ones are now on the front, so the best tyres are on the front, in another 9 months or so they'll be swapped again, will need two new ones about 3000 miles after that, NCT then.

Traditionally I always used to keep the best ones up front, the only fwd car that I've driven that was prone to losing the back was a 2003 astra, a chap on here mentioned they have a live axle.

It's only since the internet became widespread that the good ones on the back is the done thing :pac: Everyone is an expert now :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

RoverJames wrote: »
    Everyone is an expert now :cool:
    Aren't we all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

johnos1984 wrote: »
    After you burst it going through the ditch :D

The turbo kicked in...yo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hoovered the cars :cool:. Wash them later (when the sun rises ofc:pac:) if weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

259946_10150695394835176_805400175_19602594_3637674_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Loving these headliner in random locations pics, I'm expecting the next one to be it sitting as the bottom of the pyramids or at the great wall of China! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It's the latest craze after 'planking'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Onkle wrote: »
    It's the latest craze after 'planking'

It's still planking, only headliners doing it rather than planks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Regassed my aircon today (Second time in a month) after finding the cause of the first leak. Turns out one of the aircon gas exchange valves was stuck partially open. Sorted and icy cold now.

• Advertisement

248665_10150272341703413_547383412_8961439_6714619_n.jpg

Whoa, that reminds me of Ed-209 for some reason.

Ed-209.jpg

Amazing work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

The missus did something with my car at the weekend - challenged a pheasant to a game of chicken and won. Main dealer wants 170 + paint for a new grille. What annoys me most is that she didn't have the foresight to bring the loser home for dinner. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I finally got my car to get it's arse out in the dry in the work compound today!

The poor aul clutch wasnt too happy with me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Not strictly to do with my car but I do have to clean my race helmet after I got stuck behind a car with just a little bit of an oil leak :)

photoef93d89dc2e4007ce3.jpg

Who was it, Jacques Villeneuve?

Please get the reference, please get the reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

I washed my car for the second time this year. It really need too be clayed. never been done. can feel all the grime on the roof .

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Flushed power steering fluid, changed discs and pads all around, new shocks installed,e-brake shoes fitted had enough for a lifetime, but still gearbox oil needs to be changed, handbrake adjusted, stabilizer links and bushes changed, arghhhhhhhhhh. Car going for NCT on saturday.

Broke my sump :) Got towed home... Great fun!

Broke my sump :) Got towed home... Great fun!

Again? :(

Again? :(

LOl... er...:o It may or may not have been dripping away since the last time :P:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

this morning took the lacetti out for the first time in 7 months... bled the brakes, changed the oil and filters and a jump start... all working well so far

• Advertisement

^^^^

What's with the best for breast in the sig?? Do you sell those chicken fillet yokes or someting??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

^^^^

What's with the best for breast in the sig?? Do you sell those chicken fillet yokes or someting??

Yeah do you need some ??? :D:D
    brings in a few extra bob for doing nothing.... pays some tax on a couple of cars

^^^^

I sawr it too but didn't click for fear of disappointment :P

robtri wrote: »
    Yeah do you need some ??? :D:D
    brings in a few extra bob for doing nothing.... pays some tax on a couple of cars

Trying get rid of my little titties at the mo to be honest :)
    Was only wondering. Nice to see a few quid being made though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    hmm... lets see... topped up another half litre of coolant due to highly annnoying leak that's developed, tiny bit of oil, reattached part of front bumper using cable ties, refilled windscreen washer bottle, tidied inside of car, filled tank with diesel/veg oil mix, drove around ding various tasks for the morning.
    All very exciting and thoroughly fascinating, requiring great skill and attention. Well no, not at all but it kept it going for the day

Hi Conrad, what you driving and did you do any modifications to run the mix.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Hi Conrad, what you driving and did you do any modifications to run the mix.

Just FYI the Rover L series will run happily on 50/50 mix of diesel and veg oil without any modification.

A friend of mine used run his Jetta on old cooking oil from a shop, the smell of chips off it from the rear was unreal :pac:

I ran a Rover 400 on a few mixed tanks to see how it would go, around town you could smell the veg oil inside the car, chip shop smell. Didn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

chip shop smell. Didn't like.

sounds awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

All I have car wise at the moment is a Berlingo 1.9d van, non turbo. Just wondering if I could try it without any mods.

Sorry for going slightly off topic :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement