Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thats one happy looking setter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

A bit like this?

Attachment not found.

Benson does it too, loves sitting up like a person until a human sits down and then he hugs in beside them.

hahah yeah. Not quite leaning back as far but yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GRRRRR :mad: Ordered 4 bags of the treats we use at hydro from medicanimal - the only treats he'll take interest in at the pool and happily swim around for instead of constantly trying to escape the pool and acting the eejit... They sent them in a padded envelope and they're all smashed to smithereens!! We need the full treat (or as close to full as possible) so he can see it in the therapists hand and he breaks pieces off for him! So annoyed / disappointed :(! Normally we'd get at least half a bag of full pieces. GAH!!

:( Just saw a really old retriever outside my window. Owner out for a walk with a young jack russell on a lead with the old fella toddling along behind them really slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    :( Just saw a really old retriever outside my window. Owner out for a walk with a young jack russell on a lead with the old fella toddling along behind them really slowly.

Aw don't be sad for him. He's old so is likely a very loved member of the family and toddling along behind their owner seems to be something dogs love to do when they get old. :)

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    Aw don't be sad for him. He's old so is likely a very loved member of the family and toddling along behind their owner seems to be something dogs love to do when they get old. :)

Yeah, he did look like a happy pooch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cordelia is giving me evil looks all day from her viv, she knows if I'm her I will usually let her out to roam around. However, its a tad cold, she is much better off in the viv, sitting under her basking light.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Out for our walk on the beach and came across a dead seal. :(

Out for our walk on the beach and came across a dead seal. :(

:( Such beautiful creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Two wee dogs wandered into where I work last week, ppl got so scared like couldnt understand it

• Advertisement

Cream is sitting outside my bedroom door scratching and crying so I was staying very quiet to get him to stop... Just when he stopped i let out the biggest loudest sneeze ever!! Here we go again! Stupid cold :(

When Harley is opening the kitchen/sitting room door it's a gentle little shove with his nose. Phoe, puts his head down and runs head first into the door with a big thud. He also tries to do the same from the wrong side of the door, or when the door is shut tight. He'll knock himself out one of these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

I like when dogs are old, as they are way more chilled out

TrafficBug wrote: »
    I like when dogs are old, as they are way more chilled out

Everybody, meet Mr Whispered. He finally seems to be getting the hang of boards. Apparently not the hang of counting though - Harley is only 5ish and is the least chilled out dog I've ever met! :p

Creamy is going back into jail tomorrow, I'm playing dentist for the day. My revenge for him keeping me awake last night. Mwahahahaha

Poor cream :( you nasty owner you!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Mouse has taken to running up and down the kitchen windowsill while I'm in the kitchen (since I tell her off for walking on worktop;))
    Over the weekend she discovered the radio...
    Now she can switch it on and off, and she does....on...off...on....off.....on.....off for ages, several times a day:o

Daughter turned up volume to try and scare her out of it, this resulted in me nearly having a heart attack at 7am!

Oh the joys of kittens! :D

Cats always get so cuddly coming around from anaesthetic, Cream just wants cuddles and kisses from everyone!!

Edit: he's home now high as a kite from the drugs. His pupils are massive and he is completely freaked out by my elbows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH! Almost hit a dog this evening - walked across the road in front of the car and no owners in sight! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah seriously lads what a day!!!! Dya ever try to do something good, well that you know is good and it totally backfires on ya?? Well that was my day all over :( I got both myself and my friend in trouble in work over trying to do something good for somebody else. I cant do right for doing wrong lately lol. Arrrghhhh....wine time me thinks :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Anniehoo how's ur little foster doing? Is she still with ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Anniehoo how's ur little foster doing? Is she still with ye?

She is indeed :p My so called 2 weeks at xmas have turned into 4 1/2 weeks and a bit more. It was actually part of the reason i got in trouble today but sure ill get over it and she's worth it. :D Fostering is actually soooo much harder than i thought, i didnt really think it through. Not that im regretting it one bit, but this dog is old and has a few medical conditions that need checking so between mopping up endless pee off the floor, vet visits,finding a petsitter now that im back in work and ive gotten very attached to her it's been an eye opener...a good one though.

We have a gorgeous foster dog here with us just for a few days but she's so cute :-)

We have a gorgeous foster dog here with us just for a few days but she's so cute :-)
    Pics? :)

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Pics? :)
    in the photos thread!

Lying on the couch with lex oz and Beryl on me. I need sleep but am far too lazy and comfy to move.

Lying on the couch with lex oz and Beryl on me. I need sleep but am far too lazy and comfy to move.

How long did you end up staying there for? :D Are you still there?

We went running with the dogs this morning, canicross style (back connection harnesses, long leads attached to our waists). It was so much fun. I am very unfit. :o

Only about a half hr!

Wow that's athletic wouldn't be able for that! Ye going to keep it up?

Yes, we loved it. K and Harley enjoyed it more I think because they're not a pair of lazy asses. Phoe and I found it hard to keep up.

I could walk for hours without getting tired, but running is a different matter altogether. Within seconds my chest was burning. K goes jogging every day anyway so he was well able for it. I will have to work on it.

We tried to swap, the idea is to allow the dog pull the lead a bit to help you along, so I figured that if I took Harley it'd be easier. I nearly landed on my face!

This is what we're hoping to build up to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think after 4 months of crazy, non stop Mouse attacks, the death of several cat and dog toys, dozens of toilet rolls, paper towels, two pairs of shoe laces, and one small teddy(probably loads more stuff too I can't remember off hand) wrestling of dogs and the poor older cats....

Mouse has finally run out of energy!

She slept most of yesterday, all night and most of today.
    I even checked she's still breathing!

Could it possibly be the mad kitten phase is coming to an end?
    :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement