Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Watching Psycho Pass and loving it, Love Stage!!, Ao Haru Ride, DRAMAtical Murder and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SharkWhale

all of ghost in the shell, Paranoia agent, and soul eater. trying to get back into reading blade of the immortal, damn expensive thou

• Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

Hi! Currently watching Sword Art Online II (not liking it as much as first half of first season to be honest) , Attack on Titan (after putting off watching it for ages) and Tokyo Ghoul :) Just finished up Deadman Wonderland and hope to start Psycho Pass soon :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Hi! Currently watching Sword Art Online II (not liking it as much as first half of first season to be honest) , Attack on Titan (after putting off watching it for ages) and Tokyo Ghoul :) Just finished up Deadman Wonderland and hope to start Psycho Pass soon :D
    SAO is probably the best looking anime I've ever seen. Story is a bit old hat mind. Attack on Titan I was expecting amazing things from, but it's slighting getting on my nerves now TBH.
    Working through Hunter X Hunter now. Bit barmy, but good fun... until 100s of people get eaten by monsters and murdered by an insane clown. It's that kind of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    SAO is probably the best looking anime I've ever seen. Story is a bit old hat mind. Attack on Titan I was expecting amazing things from, but it's slighting getting on my nerves now TBH.
    Working through Hunter X Hunter now. Bit barmy, but good fun... until 100s of people get eaten by monsters and murdered by an insane clown. It's that kind of show.

Where are you in AoT?? I'm kind of in the same boat, I think it was overhyped so much that I'm now a bit underwhelmed by it :L Saying that Im not even halfway through yet xD I've been recommended Hunter X Hunter a good few times, but I dont know if it's really for me xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know how HxH got away with so much without being a late night series until the Chimaera Ant arc.

With HxH ending in 4 week I've gone back to rewatch it as far as the start of the Chimaera Ant arc. Never noticed the JoJo reference at the start first time around with the Stone Mask being shown during the intro blurb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hesthea wrote: »
    Watching Psycho Pass and loving it, Love Stage!!, Ao Haru Ride, DRAMAtical Murder and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

It really is a great series :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Where are you in AoT?? I'm kind of in the same boat, I think it was overhyped so much that I'm now a bit underwhelmed by it :L
    I'm up to date at dubbed #16. There's a lot of "training" and infighting and stuff but it look like there'll be a ramping up of the titan mashing shortly.
    I don't know, I was just expecting it to be *amazing* for some reason but it's only *OK*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Me and herself have finished watching Tiger & Bunny, nearly want to start watching it again from the start :D Now we've started Fate/Zero! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do you like fate zero links?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Good so far, but only just started into it! Time will tell ;)

I do like Gen Urobuchi as a writer. Need to pick up Requim for the Phantom again though, probably need to start again from the start though

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Tokyo Ghoul, atm and it is already one of my favs.

Yes, it is Sephiroth_dude. It would be nice if they did a 2nd season for Psycho Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hesthea wrote: »
    Yes, it is Sephiroth_dude. It would be nice if they did a 2nd season for Psycho Pass.

They are, its out next season (so about 2 or 3 weeks). And a film after that.

HMV/Xtravision have the bluray of Psycho-Pass in stock now at €40. Zavvi are the next cheapest at €51. Ordered it today and will arrive tomorrow :D

Just finished psycho pass,brilliant series,good too see there's gonna be a season 2 and a film,not sure what to watch now.....hmmmm

Just finished psycho pass,brilliant series,good too see there's gonna be a season 2 and a film,not sure what to watch now.....hmmmm

My bluray copy arrived from HMV this morning. I think at €40 its the cheapest 2 cour set I've gotten on bluray of a new property(Code Geass and its terribly squashed 2 disc, 25 eps sets dont count).

My bluray copy arrived from HMV this morning. I think at €40 its the cheapest 2 cour set I've gotten on bluray of a new property(Code Geass and its terribly squashed 2 disc, 25 eps sets dont count).

Very nice.

Think I'm gonna watch Gurren Lagann next and then Noragami, are both worth watching?

Very nice.

Think I'm gonna watch Gurren Lagann next and then Noragami, are both worth watching?

Gurren Lagann is worth watching, waiting for the UE to be released of that, been delayed again until Oct 20.

Noragami isn't bad but didn't really think much of it either.

The first two episodes of GitS Arise are on Netflix Us now as well.

The first two episodes of GitS Arise are on Netflix Us now as well.

Ya I saw that, there both 1 hr , Is there more to come?

Ya I saw that, there both 1 hr , Is there more to come?

Last of 4 episodes was released in cinemas last week, out at end of month on bluray in Japan. A follow up movie was also announced at the end of the fourth episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Blood Lad is up on Netflix UK, as well as Wakfu, a French animated series based on an MMO that just finished translation, saw some of it and the fight animations are pretty snazzy.

Is blood lad any good? I was read about wakfu the other day on gameinformer,sound pretty cool.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/11/strategy-mmo-wakfu-has-a-companion-animated-series-coming-to-netflix.aspx

Really enjoying Gurren Lagann , I wish they hadn't
    Killed off Kamina though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People suggested log horizon over SAO, yet I find SAO way better. Even with it's male fantasy power theme it's a lot more serious, and the dialogue is a lot better. I like LH but it seems a bit simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Really enjoying Gurren Lagann , I wish they hadn't
    Killed off Kamina though

Believe in me the show that believes in you! :D

Believe in me the show that believes in you! :D

Well said :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

According to MAL, I started Hellsing Ultimate 1790 days ago. 4 years and 11 months ago. I finished it yesterday. I suggest that you all should fill in the start date to whatever shows you watch, it's fascinating to me that I know that I started watching Hellsing Ultimate on October 25th 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Just finished the following tonight (I'll keep major spoilers out of this):

Aldnoah Zero
    I don't normally watch a lot of mech shows but this season was different with this show, Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen, M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane and Captain Earth all on my list. This was my favourite of those and Gen Urobuchi didn't disappoint as always. I was taken in by the story, the action and the characters and it ended the way you'd expect from Urobutcher. At least there's going to be a new season in 2015 and I can't wait!

Captain Earth
    This was a bit of a slow burner. There were so many times I almost dropped it but in the end I'm glad I stuck around. Not a great show by any yardstick but it kept me invested in the characters (both the Midsummer's Knights and the Planetary Gears) enough to keep coming back every week. The problem is I liked the Planetary Gears a bit more than the good guys!

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    I liked the humour in this show but the last few minutes had me screaming in frustration at the screen at Sakura and Nozaki!

Hanayamata
    Why did I get so invested with a show about yosakoi dancing? I have to admit, the first episode was my favourite but I kept pace with this moe-moe show just to see how everyone got on at the end. KAWAII!

Re:␣Hamatora
    Definitely an improvement on Hamatora The Animation in my opinion. Some loose ends wrapped up and some more questions arising at the end. Both series made me a fan of the customers and staff of Cafe Nowhere and I'm hoping for a movie or an OVA at the very least in the future.

Sabagebu!
    Momoko-sama!! Please come back for a second season. You're rude, quick to anger willing to sacrifice anyone in your way (especially your friends) and I love you for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    Just finished the following tonight (I'll keep major spoilers out of this):

Aldnoah Zero
    I don't normally watch a lot of mech shows but this season was different with this show, Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen, M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane and Captain Earth all on my list. This was my favourite of those and Gen Urobuchi didn't disappoint as always. I was taken in by the story, the action and the characters and it ended the way you'd expect from Urobutcher. At least there's going to be a new season in 2015 and I can't wait!

It didn't end in the way Urobuchi wanted it to though apparently! His only involvement was in the first few episodes and his original idea for the ending of S1 was that
    Inaho and the Princess would fall in love but the Princess would then be kidnapped by Slaine
    according to this (it's in Japanese but my translation is correct don't worry :P). His actual words are "Don't blame me for the ending!" heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Konata wrote: »
    It didn't end in the way Urobuchi wanted it to though apparently! His only involvement was in the first few episodes and his original idea for the ending of S1 was that
    Inaho and the Princess would fall in love but the Princess would then be kidnapped by Slaine
    according to (it's in Japanese but my translation is correct don't worry :P). His actual words are "Don't blame me for the ending!" heh.

Thanks for the new info. Still, I could definitely feel Urobuchi's hand in the ending although I can't help but wonder where the story will go from here. I can only imagine some exec saw the original idea and thought "this isn't what we pay Urobuchi-san for!" ;-)

Advertisement