Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AvantCard - MBNA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TWOLEMONS

Have followed all instructions but wont accept a password. Was kept holding on twice for 20mins each time without answer. I hope this crowd aren't going to be another BUCKETSHOP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Tow

Got it to work, after a few goes and 'cannot load this page error's. Seems to be a lot 'Comming Soon' pages...
    I am in the States at the moment so this thread is comming up with Bank of America adverts, love it when the google advert engine comes up with own goals :=)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Okay, if I can't get through to them - does anybody at least know whether payment details have changed.
    In other words, can I still make a payment through my online banking with the details I have used for years?
    I do realise this is probably on communication sent out by them but I don't have any of this information to hand.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes. As has been posted previously by other users in the thread.

Sortcode/AC number remain the same, but AvantCard's advice is to check that you are using your current credit card number as a reference. If you have an old card number (a previously issued card by MBNA) they won't be able to apply the payment to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Windy_Guy

I've been ringing all morning on both numbers and am only getting the engaged tone.
    Has anyone been able to get through to them today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yeah I've gotten through to them twice now. On hold 40mins the first time and 25mins the second time.

Their online system is a mess. The call centre staff seem exhausted.

They are blaming the volume of people trying to register at once as the problem. My online account is still showing as blocked, despite them telling me twice that they've unblocked it.

Now it turns out the credit limit on my statement is not matching what is on their system.

I made a payment, using Open24 (like I always do) but no sign of it on their side as yet.

I'm off on hols on Sunday...I really need my visa card to be working!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bb12

In my case, my card is no longer active because I refused the interest rate increase last year and so they stopped it. its expiry date was last october and I wasn't issued with a new one. This means I can't register online but now I'm worried about my online payments from my AIB account...checked the setup yesterday and all it has in my setup is the old mbna credit card number...payments to this always went through ok...will this now work or do i have to setup a new payment in my aib account to use avant cards sort code and account number and leave the old credit card number as a reference?

i'm not going to even try to ring them yet as it still seems everything is in chaos but my new statements are usually issued around this time of the month so i don't want to miss a payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Yes. As has been posted previously by other users in the thread.

Sortcode/AC number remain the same, but AvantCard's advice is to check that you are using your current credit card number as a reference. If you have an old card number (a previously issued card by MBNA) they won't be able to apply the payment to your account.

My card was issued by MBNA in February as my old one expired I made a payment to my account last Friday will it get there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

No I've had no joy- rang every number on their web page and no answer to any

This means I can't register online but now I'm worried about my online payments from my AIB account...checked the setup yesterday and all it has in my setup is the old mbna credit card number...payments to this always went through ok...will this now work or do i have to setup a new payment in my aib account to use avant cards sort code and account number and leave the old credit card number as a reference?

There is no change in sort code/account number so you don't change a thing on the payment side.
    My card was issued by MBNA in February

= current card number.
    I made a payment to my account last Friday will it get there ?

Where? How?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Mine seems to be working fine. Any payments I made last week have gone through, so I would give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

An Post billpay

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mikkijan

Having the same issues as most people over the last two days - can't Register either of my two cards, tried phoning every number, but only horrible music.

I've just bashed out a two page letter letting them have it about their lack of information/contactability/consideration for customers etc, and that is going in the post this evening, so I feel a bit better for that :D

In general, in recent years, I've found that if having difficulties dealing with a faceless company, I get a better response from a letter in the post. Maybe there are legal implications for companies if they ignore letters of complaint, I don't know? Helps me cope with the frustration anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

red bull wrote: »
    An Post billpay

There is a section regarding An Post payments on their FAQ page (if you can find it - seems well hidden) but there should be no issue, my post office payment went through no probs.

It says you can in their FAQ section

With Billpay you can pay your credit card bill at over 1,000 An Post offices nationwide. Simply bring your credit card or Payment slip together with your cash or laser card payment to any An Post automated office. If you are paying by cheque, make it payable to An Post. Please allow 3 business days for it to reach your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Finally got registered!

Keep trying folks...you'll get there eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Tried registering my MBNA card using Firefox, then IE, on an XP machine, the card expires late next year, entered all details correctly but get the red text at the bottom of the page saying my details are wrong..?

Tried again, now card is blocked and they want me to call them. FFS :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bb12

BuffyBot wrote: »
    There is no change in sort code/account number so you don't change a thing on the payment side.

Yes but i currently don't have the sort code or account number in my aib payment setup...just the old mbna credit card number...nothing else...

do i now have to amend this by putting in a sort code and account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Still no luck here...haven't tried ringing as I don't have the time while in work. My problem is that I made a payment using the old old mbna card number on my aib account and as BuffyBot says - don't think this will find my current mbna card :-( Payment left my a/c and is hovering somewhere in the interweb n I can't log in or talk to anyone to find it gah

bb12 wrote: »
    Yes but i currently don't have the sort code or account number in my aib payment setup...just the old mbna credit card number...nothing else...

do i now have to amend this by putting in a sort code and account number?

That is because AIB already have it stored for all customers making payments to MBNA/AvantCard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Tried again, now card is blocked and they want me to call them. FFS :rolleyes: :mad:

I am in the same boat. Is there any chance of a reset so you can try again or do you definitely have to call them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just keep getting

Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Has anyone tried registering replacement MBNA card (not new Avantcard) since the change? Is it possible? It was sent out earlier this year, but not registered till now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Communication from avant is poor.

I can't register online as it says my card is inactive. I can't use it at the ATM saying service temporarily unavailabe. Used PayPal earlier which still works.

Phone number stated was not reachable all morning.

Don't know where I'm at with my card really. Will travel to US soon. Would be nice to know whether my Visa card is any good these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I'm glad I found this thread. I tried in vain for a few days to register but kept getting the registration error mentioned because it says my card is invalid. i rang customer service there and spent 40 minutes on hold before giving up. I will definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, be cancelling my card at the first possible opportunity. They have made an absolute balls up of it. My guess is they have one or two underpaid staff being absolutely inundated with work at the moment. I pity the poor souls manning the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

The registration page asks for the last six digits of your contact number but is really only looking for four (many failed attempts to get to this). then I get a message saying my card is already enrolled, what the hell does that mean? I can't get anywhere with that registration page.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lpw

@AlmostQuick - i'm not 100% sure - I still cant register - getting the 'Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time' message.

If I try 4 digits I get that error message you see - already enrolled. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is just a screwed up form validation. Eg you could try complete nonsense data and use 4 numbers and that message comes up (eg just tried 9999).

At this point have zero confidence. I'm tempted to call and ask for a reset (tried that via login to see if that would short circut anything) - but at this point i've no idea what state the registration process is at.

For anyone that did successfully register - did you use 6 numbers? Was your date of birth DD MM YYYY or DD MM YY. Not sure why bothering to be honest - its hardly something we should be solving from this end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bermo

Haha!!

I also entered only last 4 digits into the phone no. field and I got msg "The card number you are trying to register is already enrolled".

But then I changed the card number to 0000000000000000, and still got the same msg!!!! This is a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

lpw wrote: »
    For anyone that did successfully register - did you use 6 numbers? Was your date of birth DD MM YYYY or DD MM YY. Not sure why bothering to be honest - its hardly something we should be solving from this end.

I definitely used the last 6 numbers but I can't remember the date format. The only problem I had was with the password but once I had a mixture of numbers and letters it accepted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

They've finally added a message saying they're experiencing higher than normal volumes of calls - and are saying that the 'card is inactive' message is a technical error they're working on

Plus the 4 digits instead of 6 for phone number, who tested this site?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

The registration page asks for the last six digits of your contact number but is really only looking for four (many failed attempts to get to this). then I get a message saying my card is already enrolled, what the hell does that mean? I can't get anywhere with that registration page.
    Well, locked out now so I'll have to brace myself for phoning them...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement